Encampments close to NY-Wing?

Started by BattagliaK, September 29, 2011, 04:39:25 PM

BattagliaK

Hello!

Does anyone know of any encampments coming up soon near NY-Wing? I've checked the calendar, but haven't seen any relatively local ones yet.

Thanks!
CAP: C/TSgt
AFJROTC: C/Maj

MSG Mac

Check with the NER CAdet Programs site. They should have some preliminary information as to when and where each Wing is planning to have theirs. ALso check the various Wing web sites. There are several Winter Wing Emcampments FL. Tx, KS to name the ones I've heard about (They all seem to be during the Christmas break)
Michael P. McEleney
Lt Col CAP
MSG USA (Retired)
50 Year Member

titanII

Most of the ones in the area that I know of (MAWG, CTWG) are in July-August part of the year. But for all I know, NJWG's Encampment could be tomorrow. (i.e. I have no idea for any other wings)   :D
No longer active on CAP talk

Phil Hirons, Jr.

RIWG's is in April. I believe it will bracket the school vacation week of 16 - 20 April.

GroundHawg

If you live close to NYC, you can get round trips flights to FL for dirt cheap. I would much rather spend some of December and January in FL at encampment than freezing in NY.  ;)

Huey Driver

You're pretty close to NJWG's at Joint Base McGuire- Dix- Lakehurst, which has an excellent Basic Encampment. I do not know about this year's date, but we normally aim for 1st- 2nd week in August, but that can change at any time. We already have our Senior Member Executive Staff selected, and Cadet Executive Staff is in the process of applying. We have all staff selected about 5-6 months ahead and have monthly required staff training weekend. The staff is dedicated and close knit. They do an excellent job all around. I highly recommend it.
Even though it isn't updated for 2012, here's our encampment's website.

encampment.njwg.cap.gov

If I hear anything newsworthy, I'll be sure to let you know. Hope to see you there!
With malice toward none, with charity for all, with firmness in the right...

titanII

Quote from: GroundHawg on October 03, 2011, 03:21:07 AM
I would much rather spend some of December and January in FL at encampment than freezing in NY.  ;)
Oh, come on, it doesn't get THAT cold in NYC  :D

MSG Mac

If it's near the lakes, the summer season begins on 1 August and ends on Labor day. Then immediately goes into cold and rainy
Michael P. McEleney
Lt Col CAP
MSG USA (Retired)
50 Year Member

EMT-83

This year, I spent the entire summer in Maine. It's more commonly known as the second week of August.

titanII

Quote from: EMT-83 on October 04, 2011, 03:33:47 AM
This year, I spent the entire summer in Maine. It's more commonly known as the second week of August.
I really lol'd at this one. The summers in Maine are almost as cold as the ocean water. Brrrrrr!
But I still had some of the best summers of my life in Acadia (besides Encampment, of course  ;D)