Congrats To Missouri Wing Cadets

Started by etodd, June 12, 2018, 07:36:27 PM

etodd

Soap Box Derby Time!

QuoteCAP's MO Wing cadets learn about aerodynamics beyond aviation; also, in the Soapbox Derby where NCR-MO-018 Cadets Carson and Jantz placed 3rd and 5th in the MO State SBD competition.

"Don't try to explain it, just bow your head
Breathe in, breathe out, move on ..."

Eclipse

Seriously, looks like someone took a lot of time and care with that.

"That Others May Zoom"

etodd

Quote from: Eclipse on June 12, 2018, 07:55:41 PM

Seriously, looks like someone took a lot of time and care with that.

I don't get your meme. Are soap box derby's not allowed?
"Don't try to explain it, just bow your head
Breathe in, breathe out, move on ..."

LATORRECA

[emoji106][emoji106][emoji106][emoji41][emoji41]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Live2Learn

etodd + 1.

Translate the cartoon in context of soap box derbys and CAP, please.

Nice cartoon, it's just the connection to the topic is a bit obscure.

Eclipse

"That Others May Zoom"

sardak

Newspaper article with more pictures of the CAP car and cadets in uniform. Under one picture of the car is this caption:

Oliver Carson and Logan Jantz watch as Captain Don Prevost greases Jantz' soapbox derby car at the 80th Mid Missouri Soap Box Derby on Sunday, June 10, 2018 in Columbia. Through their involvement in the Civil Air Patrol, Carson and Jantz received cars from the organization that Prevost helped them prepare for the race. "(Prevost) put them together, got them painted and did all the detail," said Wade Jantz. "He doesn't even have a kid in the race, he just wants to help our kids."

https://www.columbiamissourian.com/visuals/photos/photo-gallery-th-year-of-soap-box-derby-sees-record/collection_de280dbe-6d21-11e8-b532-bb5b95334dc8.html#5

Mike

kcebnaes

It looks cool, but I think it's missing the "United States Air Force Auxiliary" decal..  >:D
Sean Beck, Maj, CAP
Great Lakes Region sUAS Officer
Various Other Thingsā„¢

SarDragon

WOW!
The rules must have changed over the years. It used to be that the entrant had to be the primary constructor, and adult assistance was very limited. Now, it looks like they sell kits.
All the pictures look like there has been significant adult assistance, particularly the graphics.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

Live2Learn

Quote from: Eclipse on June 12, 2018, 10:10:06 PM
"I'll take 898 for $100 Alex."

I must not watch enough game shows.  Not yet "too much free time..."  :o

Toad1168

It's fully sanctioned, including the graphics.  The Wing AE directorate is managing the program.
Toad

SarDragon

I was speaking more to the AASBD side of things. Things have changed over the years.

I was born in, and have family in Akron. I've been to the Nationals there, and had a cousin compete in the local event there.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret