Navy Moving Ahead With Unprecedented Review of JAG Corps

Started by OldGuy, August 08, 2019, 02:15:49 PM

OldGuy

https://news.usni.org/2019/08/05/navy-moving-ahead-with-unprecedented-review-of-jag-corps

It will also put a focus on legal advice lawyers give their commanders "with a particular focus on consistent delivery of the complete spectrum of legally available options with a risk-analyzed operationally informed legal assessment."

Gunsotsu

And this has what to do with, "Professional Development, specialty tracks, membership applications, promotions, termination, and other membership issues?"

OldGuy

Quote from: Gunsotsu on August 08, 2019, 08:20:45 PM
And this has what to do with, "Professional Development, specialty tracks, membership applications, promotions, termination, and other membership issues?"
That is an exercise for you, the reader. I find it very relevant.

Gunsotsu

Spam

I find it very relevant, at my level, since in the past couple of years I've relied on legal officer and IG skills in dealing with investigations and adverse membership actions.

Overhauling a USN JAG corps which obviously is facing major difficulties right now is of real interest. I would like to hear any possible lessons learned to improve our CAP system.

Keep an open mind.

R/s
Spam

OldGuy

Quote from: Spam on August 09, 2019, 02:28:01 AM

I find it very relevant, at my level, since in the past couple of years I've relied on legal officer and IG skills in dealing with investigations and adverse membership actions.

Overhauling a USN JAG corps which obviously is facing major difficulties right now is of real interest. I would like to hear any possible lessons learned to improve our CAP system.

Keep an open mind.

R/s
Spam
That might well be one very good point. I wonder if the BOG will look at that this meeting?

CAP9907

Post it on the sea cadets forum... this is CAP talk. Done.

~9907
21 yrs of service

Our Members Code of Conduct can be found here:   http://captalk.net/index.php?topic=13.0