Civil Air Patrol Drone Wiki

Started by Lt Seidell, April 11, 2023, 04:50:50 PM

Lt Seidell

Greetings all,

Just updating you that the Civil Air Patrol Drone Wiki Project is now an official resource listed on GoCivilAirPatrol.com under the sUAS Section. It links you to the Wiki from there.

An alternate route - Google has indexed the Wiki and it can be found by google searching the full name "Civil Air Patrol Drone Wiki". Yahoo or other browsers' search do not reliably find the Wiki.

This project has been in development since August 2020 and was previously known as the "CAPF 5U Google Classroom". Project scope was limited at this time, but content was still detailed for the covered items.

Eventually, it became clear that Google Classroom would not support the direction I wanted the project to go, so I canvassed options and chose the service "Notion" to evolve the project in February 2022 and cleared that choice up the IT chain. Notion is a versatile authoring tool and it enabled the project to become a Wiki.

Since then, the project has steadily grown - as much from my own efforts as from other CAP stakeholder's input, support, and advocacy. That synergy between engaged sUAS Stakeholders is the real key to authoring and sustaining a vibrant Wiki. Some of those stakeholders are members of CAP Talk. Tipping my CAP to you ;).

To be clear, the Wiki exists to build on CAP's current sUAS foundations. It is NOT in competition with information CAP NHQ puts out. The Wiki strives to encompass or enhance information from NHQ wherever possible and when appropriate.

The Wiki project's direction continues to move forward in a coordinated way with NHQ, thus ensuring it remains a trusted, timely, evergreen resource.
Lt Brett Seidell
AZWG DOU