Cadt Advisors

Started by flyguy06, January 21, 2007, 09:07:00 PM

flyguy06

I had thought about this idea long before the big talk on this site about NCO advisors.

How about cadet advisors? The cadet commander advises the Squadron Commander right? Why not have a senior cadet in the Group advise the Group Commander? A senior cadet adivse the Wing, Region and National Commanders as well? Obviously they wouldmore than likly be c/COL's and they could travel with their respective commanders to visit units inthe field to gather information about the units cadet prgram and how they could make it better.

If I were a Wing Commander I wouldappoint a cadet to travel with me to get ideas and views from cadets inthe field.

arajca

Let's see...

What does the Cadet Advisory Council do?

Quote from: CAPR 52-16, Chapter 3CHAPTER 3 – CADET ADVISORY COUNCILS
3-1. Purpose. Cadet Advisory Council (CAC) will be established at the national, region and wing levels. Group commanders may establish CACs, with the wing commander's discretion. The three purposes of the CAC are to:
a. Provide an organization where cadets gain leadership experience at higher organizational levels.
b. Aid the commander in monitoring and implementing the Cadet Program.
c. Make recommendations for improving and running the Cadet Program.
For additional guidance on the CAC program, see CAPP 52-19, Cadet Advisory Council Guide.

Sounds like to position already exists. Whether the commander uses it or not is another matter. Creating a higher level cadet advisor doesn't help if the commander doesn't use the CAC already, and if the commander uses the CAC appropriately, they already have a cadet advisor.

Eclipse

Quote from: flyguy06 on January 21, 2007, 09:07:00 PM
I had thought about this idea long before the big talk on this site about NCO advisors.

How about cadet advisors? The cadet commander advises the Squadron Commander right? Why not have a senior cadet in the Group advise the Group Commander? A senior cadet adivse the Wing, Region and National Commanders as well? Obviously they wouldmore than likly be c/COL's and they could travel with their respective commanders to visit units inthe field to gather information about the units cadet prgram and how they could make it better.

If I were a Wing Commander I wouldappoint a cadet to travel with me to get ideas and views from cadets inthe field.

I believe what you are reffering to is called the "Cadet Advisory Council", or CAC, which already exists.

"That Others May Zoom"

flyguy06

lordmonar

PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

Pylon

Unfortunately, cadets in many areas are very apathetic about CAC, don't participate, can't regularly show up to meetings, and don't seem to want to advise their commander's about what they and their fellow cadets would like to see from the program.

It's hard for some echelons, especially Groups, to even find one reliable cadet from anywhere in the Group to regularly represent that Group at the Wing CAC, let alone implement an active CAC back home.
Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP

Eclipse

Quote from: Pylon on January 22, 2007, 02:30:59 AM
Unfortunately, cadets in many areas are very apathetic about CAC, don't participate, can't regularly show up to meetings, and don't seem to want to advise their commander's about what they and their fellow cadets would like to see from the program.

It's hard for some echelons, especially Groups, to even find one reliable cadet from anywhere in the Group to regularly represent that Group at the Wing CAC, let alone implement an active CAC back home.

I can't argue that, but the process is already in place. 

"That Others May Zoom"