Old ES (airplane style) patch

Started by Senior, January 16, 2008, 11:49:51 PM

Senior

Is this patch still authorized for wear? :o

MIKE

Mike Johnston

DC

afgeo4

Yes, but you must first make sure that corrosion levels on the aircraft are within specifications.  You don't want a wing falling off of the thing while you're walking.

Personally I don't know why you guys don't wear the Goofy patch. Is it the Disney association? Is it that it looks like a cartoon character? Is it the 1940's cap? The earphones to signify our communications program which pretty much doesn't exist? What is it? I think the patch is awesome. Sure, it has nothing to do with ES and it doesn't present a grown-up or professional image of people who are often tasked with saving lives, but hey... it's GOOFY!
GEORGE LURYE

_

actually I think it's Pluto not Goofy unless you think it's a goofy Pluto   ;D

JayT

Quote from: afgeo4 on January 17, 2008, 05:55:11 AM
Yes, but you must first make sure that corrosion levels on the aircraft are within specifications.  You don't want a wing falling off of the thing while you're walking.

Personally I don't know why you guys don't wear the Goofy patch. Is it the Disney association? Is it that it looks like a cartoon character? Is it the 1940's cap? The earphones to signify our communications program which pretty much doesn't exist? What is it? I think the patch is awesome. Sure, it has nothing to do with ES and it doesn't present a grown-up or professional image of people who are often tasked with saving lives, but hey... it's GOOFY!

Plenty of Police, fire, medical, etc etc units have funny or cartoonish patches. People who are actually 'tasked with saving lives' everyday, not just a few times a month or year.

What do you want the patch to be of?
"Eagerness and thrill seeking in others' misery is psychologically corrosive, and is also rampant in EMS. It's a natural danger of the job. It will be something to keep under control, something to fight against."