Cold Weather Uniform Items

Started by Capt M. Sherrod, December 31, 2007, 02:34:21 PM

JayT

Quote from: teesquared on January 21, 2008, 04:09:37 PM
I have another cold weather clothing question. Is the N-2B sage green flight jacket with the hood authorized for wear with the flight suit? It's basically an MA1 with a hood.

No, it's not.
"Eagerness and thrill seeking in others' misery is psychologically corrosive, and is also rampant in EMS. It's a natural danger of the job. It will be something to keep under control, something to fight against."

pixelwonk

Quote from: CAPM 39-1 Table 2-4The green flight jacket is the only outer garment authorized for wear with
the green AF-style flight suit. Grade insignia, CAP command patch,
American flag and leather name patch are worn. The member has the
option of wearing the same optional patches on the flight jacket as worn
on the flight suit. The Air Force brown leather flight jacket is NOT
authorized with this or any Air Force style uniform. The MA-1
flight jacket or CWU-45/P or CWU-36/P NOMEX flight jackets may
be worn.
emphasis theirs.

With that in mind, the UoD usually gets altered like geldings at Freddy Krueger's horse ranch when adverse winter weather hits.
You have a N2B and the wx is harsh? Then put it on and warm up. You have to take care of yourself.  I'd find an N3B if I could help it, but there are worse choices out there than an N2B.

teesquared

Quote from: tedda on January 22, 2008, 02:01:22 AM
Quote from: CAPM 39-1 Table 2-4The green flight jacket is the only outer garment authorized for wear with
the green AF-style flight suit. Grade insignia, CAP command patch,
American flag and leather name patch are worn. The member has the
option of wearing the same optional patches on the flight jacket as worn
on the flight suit. The Air Force brown leather flight jacket is NOT
authorized with this or any Air Force style uniform. The MA-1
flight jacket or CWU-45/P or CWU-36/P NOMEX flight jackets may
be worn.
emphasis theirs.

With that in mind, the UoD usually gets altered like geldings at Freddy Krueger's horse ranch when adverse winter weather hits.
You have a N2B and the wx is harsh? Then put it on and warm up. You have to take care of yourself.  I'd find an N3B if I could help it, but there are worse choices out there than an N2B.

I just would feel a little better flying in CO in the winter with some sort of parka, in case of an "off airport landing". I thought an N-2B would be a little less cumbersome in the cockpit than an N-3B. Maybe if I put a name tag and rank on it people would be a little less apt to get knotted up over it.
Maj Terry Thompson
DP/DA   RMR-CO-147

Hawk200

Quote from: teesquared on January 22, 2008, 04:45:42 AM
Maybe if I put a name tag and rank on it people would be a little less apt to get knotted up over it.

Don't do that. First, it's not really practical to do. Second, it reduces the insulating ability.

The Air Force doesn't sew anything on N2B or N3B parkas. Any rank insignia that ever shows is on headgear (so only officers really). It's meant for extreme cold, where accoutrements aren't really a concern.

teesquared

Quote from: Hawk200 on January 22, 2008, 06:56:06 PM
Quote from: teesquared on January 22, 2008, 04:45:42 AM
Maybe if I put a name tag and rank on it people would be a little less apt to get knotted up over it.

Don't do that. First, it's not really practical to do. Second, it reduces the insulating ability.

The Air Force doesn't sew anything on N2B or N3B parkas. Any rank insignia that ever shows is on headgear (so only officers really). It's meant for extreme cold, where accoutrements aren't really a concern.

Good points. Thanks.   :)
Maj Terry Thompson
DP/DA   RMR-CO-147