Communications Officer Training

Started by arajca, December 27, 2007, 05:30:51 PM

arajca

As part of the Master Trainer Program, I am working on developing a training program for communications officers. This is not really covered by the proposed Communications Training Program, but is definitely needed. To help establish a valid starting point, I have created a survey that I will be sending to Communications Officers in Colorado Wing, and will be making available on-line here and elsewhere to expand that sample size.

At this time, I am looking for a few people to review the DRAFT version of the survey and make comments about its appropriateness and suitability. I AM NOT LOOKING FOR ANYONE TO COMPLETE IT AT THIS TIME.

I need to have comments by 11 January 2008 so I can pilot test it starting on 14 January 2008.

Thank you.

wacapgh

You may want to add some questions regarding the amount of actual communications experience a person has - How many years have you been authorized to operate CAP radios? As a mission radio operator? Any Military communications experience - 1) actual communicating on radios and/or 2) managing communications operations? Do you or have you held an amateur radio license and if so what class? etc.

If you find that 60% have been ES qualified for 10+ years, hold amateur General or higher, and were former military radio operators, that would tend to generate a different training plan than if you found out that 75% had only been ES qualified for less than two years, no other radio experience, etc.

Capt Rivera

Are you going to modify your survey based on the above input? Would you like your survey shared with non-captalk members? [IE: I pass it on to my Wing Comm guy to pass on to his subordinate comm guys/gals]. I forget if the survey had a email address/fax# etc for people to send the survey to. If not, what are the options for people to get the info to you?

Quote from: arajca on December 27, 2007, 05:30:51 PM
As part of the Master Trainer Program, I am working on developing a training program for communications officers. This is not really covered by the proposed Communications Training Program, but is definitely needed. To help establish a valid starting point, I have created a survey that I will be sending to Communications Officers in Colorado Wing, and will be making available on-line here and elsewhere to expand that sample size.

At this time, I am looking for a few people to review the DRAFT version of the survey and make comments about its appropriateness and suitability. I AM NOT LOOKING FOR ANYONE TO COMPLETE IT AT THIS TIME.

I need to have comments by 11 January 2008 so I can pilot test it starting on 14 January 2008.

Thank you.
//Signed//

Joshua Rivera, Capt, CAP
Squadron Commander
Grand Forks Composite Squadron
North Dakota Wing, Civil Air Patrol
http://www.grandforkscap.org

arajca

I will be modifying the survey based on input I receive. For now, it is still in the design stage.

As for other wings, I don't have a problem with sharing. I'll include email info when I release the survey.

arajca

Having received some input, as well as further thought, here is version 2. Again, this is just for comment.

I added some more questions on comm background nad comm plans. I also converted it to a form so that it can be completed electronically or printed.