Long Sleeve Golf Shirt - Oxymoron?

Started by G+10, December 06, 2007, 04:47:52 PM

flyerthom

TC

star1151

Quote from: RiverAux on January 03, 2008, 01:54:01 AM
Can only wear the golf shirt untucked except in hot weather while on flight line. 
citation - 39-1 Table 4-4.

Or if you're female and it hits no lower than mid-hip.

jimmydeanno

Quote from: star1151 on January 03, 2008, 04:06:09 AM
Quote from: RiverAux on January 03, 2008, 01:54:01 AM
Can only wear the golf shirt untucked except in hot weather while on flight line. 
citation - 39-1 Table 4-4.

Or if you're female and it hits no lower than mid-hip.

We're not supposed to take that into account.  It is required that all uniform items that are worn by females be an afterthought.
If you have ten thousand regulations you destroy all respect for the law. - Winston Churchill

bosshawk

Seems to me that we need someone to step up to the plate and make a recommendation to the National Uniform Committee that we have a long-sleeved golf shirt(or polo or whatever you want to call it).  I have advocated such a move for about as long as I have been in CAP: I get cold in the winter and I wear the golf shirt about 98% of the time that I wear a CAP uniform. 

In my service with the local SAR team, I have a long-sleeved 5-11 knit shirt(call it a polo or golf, I don't care) and it is very comfortable. 

I know, some one of your wise acres will wonder(out loud) why I don't do what I suggested in my opening sentence.  I am up to my XXX in alligators with the CD program, that's why.
Paul M. Reed
Col, USA(ret)
Former CAP Lt Col
Wilson #2777