Main Menu

Blue Beret

Started by CadetProgramGuy, September 15, 2007, 08:24:27 PM

Hawk200

Quote from: Eclipse on September 21, 2007, 03:54:41 PM
Quote from: Stonewall on September 20, 2007, 02:07:51 AM
We need to do a CAP gut check.  No bling for one year.  Let's see who stays and who goes.  Only allow folks to wear flight suits, BDUs and service dress.  See who sticks around.... grrrr... >:(

How, exactly, would you wear service dress without bling?

So what would we do for a year?  No promotions, professional development, emergency services qualifications, or cadet achievements? 

Only "...flight suits, BDUs and service dress..."?  That's wear the bling >goes<.

How about golf shirts only for a year, with formal civilian attire for formal occasions?
Jeans and CAP t-shirts could be worn for field work.

100% Corporate for a calendar year. There's your test.

I don't think that's what he meant. I believe his point was not to create anything new for a year.

Pace

Quote from: Eclipse on September 21, 2007, 03:54:41 PM
Quote from: Stonewall on September 20, 2007, 02:07:51 AM
We need to do a CAP gut check.  No bling for one year.  Let's see who stays and who goes.  Only allow folks to wear flight suits, BDUs and service dress.  See who sticks around.... grrrr... >:(

How, exactly, would you wear service dress without bling?

So what would we do for a year?  No promotions, professional development, emergency services qualifications, or cadet achievements? 

Only "...flight suits, BDUs and service dress..."?  That's wear the bling >goes<.

How about golf shirts only for a year, with formal civilian attire for formal occasions?
Jeans and CAP t-shirts could be worn for field work.

100% Corporate for a calendar year. There's your test.

I dunno.  I kinda like his idea (and I'm a proponent for blingage, within reason).  Name, branch tape (on BDU), and rank (possibly - otherwise go back to CAP cutouts).  For service dress (because I know this question is coming), vanguard does make blank slides for SMs, and cadets don't have to wear anything on their epaulet (assuming they even have epaulets on their SD).  Do it just look enough (without releasing when the period will end) to root out those who are only in CAP to look/feel important.  Maybe we can get focused on retention (since recruiting isn't our greatest problem), participation outside of the squadron, mission efficiency, etc.

Crazy idea.  I'll never happen, but hey, what the hell...
Lt Col, CAP

rebowman

back to the topic of ranger rolls and the commander who authorized them.....

Ranger rolls are specifically prohibited by CAPM 39-1.

Commanders may make a supplement or letter stricter than a regulation BUT NEVER MORE LENIENT.

Therefore, authorizing the ranger rolls is not okay.

alamrcn

Sure wish that 39-1 would define something it prohibits rather than use "slang" and leave it up for interpretation! Ask 5 different people what a "Ranger Roll" is, and you get... you know.

I'd half expect the term "gig-line" to appear in there somewhere, but how about prohibiting "Irish penants" or "starch donuts"?

-Ace
(with pockets on my black t-shirt... so sue me!)

Ace Browning, Maj, CAP
History Hoarder
71st Wing, Minnesota