What have our Legislative Squadrons been doing?

Started by RogueLeader, July 16, 2007, 01:34:32 PM

RogueLeader

I've been curious about what our Legislative squadrons are doing, and how they've help advance CAP in the States and Nationally.  I know what IAWG had done with great success, Just curious.

Please, not intended as a flame, or "evil" intent  :angel:
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

Hawk200

I've heard of the Legislative Squadrons, but I have no knowledge of what they do. It would be nice to learn.

Anybody here from a Legislative squadron?

RogueLeader

WYWG DP

GRW 3340

FARRIER

Photographer/Photojournalist
IT Professional
Licensed Aircraft Dispatcher

http://www.commercialtechimagery.com/stem-and-aerospace

RogueLeader

Quote from: FARRIER on August 06, 2007, 04:52:45 AM
They are the ones that guarantee our funding. :)
That was a given I thought.  I was wondering if they were doing anything more than that.
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

Sgt. Savage

jimmydeanno

Quote from: RogueLeader on August 06, 2007, 04:54:02 AM
That was a given I thought.  I was wondering if they were doing anything more than that.

running the country...or at least trying to...
If you have ten thousand regulations you destroy all respect for the law. - Winston Churchill

floridacyclist

I would have to post anonymously to say what was on my mind, and I'm not that much of a weasel so I will just keep my mouth shut.
Gene Floyd, Capt CAP
Wearer of many hats, master of none (but senior-rated in two)
www.tallahasseecap.org
www.rideforfatherhood.org

Capt Rivera

//Signed//

Joshua Rivera, Capt, CAP
Squadron Commander
Grand Forks Composite Squadron
North Dakota Wing, Civil Air Patrol
http://www.grandforkscap.org

PHall

In that case, the California Wing Legislative Squadron hasn't been doing much of a job.

Eeyore

Not a whole lot in most states. The majority of Wings have the squadrons and don't take advantage of the benefits that it could have. They tend to use it as something that can "increase awareness" of CAP with legislators of their state.

Sadly, giving someone a membership doesn't increase the awareness of the program or get anything done that could help CAP. The individual wings as well as NHQ need to work with the Legislative squadrons and see what they can get out of it.

I work in politics and these guys are just looking to appropriate things to the community that can help make them look better, and CAP is just one of those feel good programs.

I personally think that CAP needs to develop a comprehensive legislative liaison program to lobby the politicians in both the state governments and nationally.

Capt Rivera

Quote from: edmo1 on December 23, 2007, 09:34:46 PM
Not a whole lot in most states. The majority of Wings have the squadrons and don't take advantage of the benefits that it could have. They tend to use it as something that can "increase awareness" of CAP with legislators of their state.

Sadly, giving someone a membership doesn't increase the awareness of the program or get anything done that could help CAP. The individual wings as well as NHQ need to work with the Legislative squadrons and see what they can get out of it.

I work in politics and these guys are just looking to appropriate things to the community that can help make them look better, and CAP is just one of those feel good programs.

I personally think that CAP needs to develop a comprehensive legislative liaison program to lobby the politicians in both the state governments and nationally.

I woudlnt mind sending a letter to my reps... want to draft something ;) ?
//Signed//

Joshua Rivera, Capt, CAP
Squadron Commander
Grand Forks Composite Squadron
North Dakota Wing, Civil Air Patrol
http://www.grandforkscap.org

The Hawk

"Googling" on the text strings +"civil air patrol" +"legislative squadron" will give you a few hundred hits.

I did a skim-through on the results...it looks like a decent cross-section of Federal and State legislators pop up when running the search.
Either you create your future, or you become the victim of the future someone creates for you.
-Vice Admiral Arthur K. Cebrowski, USN (Ret.)