Main Menu

My Promotion.

Started by coleweaver11@gmail.com, August 04, 2017, 01:56:05 PM

coleweaver11@gmail.com

I was promoted last night to C/A1C but I did not do my leadership or PT test yet. This came to a shock to me when they called my name. I do not know if this is a mistake or they feel to just promote me, I honestly don't know.

If you had this happen to you or know what to do(besides emailing your commander) please reply.

Eclipse

Why is emailing (or calling) your CC not the best or primary option?

If they made a mistake, it's no biggie, you can give back the stripes until you've finished the work
and everyone has a laugh.

Does eServices reflect your new grade?

"That Others May Zoom"

coleweaver11@gmail.com

I have already contacted them(well chain of command..) and no response so far. But, I did not know if there was anything else I could do. When I asked them at the meeting, before the ceremony they said there was no mistake but I am pretty sure there was. It says approved on the track report, but no leadership or PT date.

Eclipse

You unit staff are probably working, so yo may hear something tonight.

Beyond that, if you're really concerned about it, have your mom or dad discuss it with the CC and
see what's going on.

The PT is easy enough to either fudge or enter wrong, but not the test, assuming you are testing online.

"That Others May Zoom"

NIN

Maybe your unit commander had a major brain cramp and accidentally swapped names?  That does happen to commanders who have a lot going on....

Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
I have no responsibilities whatsoever
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

EMT-83

Quote from: NIN on August 04, 2017, 08:51:05 PM
Maybe your unit commander had a major brain cramp and accidentally swapped names?  That does happen to commanders who have a lot going on....

It's almost like everyone has short hair and dresses the same.

CyBorgII

To the original poster:

From the viewpoint of a former IT, it is unwise to use your e-mail address as your screen name.

There are people, most quite unethical, who make a "career" out of "harvesting" e-mail addresses.
Whaddaya mean I ain't kind?  I'm just not YOUR kind!

Ex-CAP Captain, now CG Auxiliary, but still feel a great deal of affection for the many good people in CAP.