0 (0%)
ABU [Airman Battle Dress Uniform]
0 (0%)
OCP [Operational Camouflage Pattern]
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: January 10, 2019, 02:59:21 AM

Stonewall

You know there can't be a utility uniform thread without me plugging my decade old idea...

You know, from 2007...

Serving since 1987.

Eclipse

^ Would look so nice with the dark blue nametapes on dark blue uniform.

That also looks to be the same style collar as the blue example, worn "down".

"That Others May Zoom"

vorteks

Quote from: PHall on January 07, 2019, 06:34:06 PM
Quote from: vorteks on January 07, 2019, 03:16:43 PM
Quote from: GroundHawg on January 07, 2019, 03:04:14 PM
Quote from: Stonewall on January 05, 2019, 01:01:27 PM
I wear OCPs every day and they are, by far, the second most comfortable utility/combat uniform I've ever worn.  The first were ABSGs, which were worn in Afghanistan/Iraq for a few years until we switched to OCPs for deployers in 2011.  ABSGs were absolutely the most comfy and practical uniform I've worn, except they were still ABU patterned camouflage.

The last deployment I wore them was in 09, and they truly were great. 

For CAP, I just wish we could get rid of the black boots, they look terrible.

I cant agree with this statement more

Alas, I proposed my own CAP-specific uniform here on CAP Talk 10+ years ago. Same uniform as OCP except solid olive drab green rather than any type of camouflage pattern.

I loved your proposal, and wish they would at least switch the BBDU to an OCP style top.

Except OCP tops are more than twice the cost of BBDU coats......$70 vs $25. It's a nonstarter for that reason alone

Don't know where you're shopping but OCP coats are $38 at Military Clothing Sales.

That's great but I'm guessing you can't get those from the PX in solid OD or dark blue.

baronet68

BBDU's for all... cadets and seniors alike.   8)

I dream of encampments, airshows, and large-scale events where EVERY member is wearing the SAME uniform. 

Quoteu·ni·form
/ˈyo͞onəˌfôrm/
adjective

• not changing in form or character; remaining the same in all cases and at all times.
    "blocks of stone of uniform size"

synonyms:   constant, consistent, steady, invariable, unvarying, unfluctuating, unchanging, stable, static, regular, fixed, even, equal
    "a uniform temperature"

identical, matching, similar, equal;
    same, like, homogeneous, consistent
    "pieces of uniform size"

• denoting a garment forming part of a person's uniform.
    "black uniform jackets"
noun

• the distinctive clothing worn by members of the same organization or body or by children attending certain schools.
    "airline pilots in dark blue uniforms"

synonyms:   costume, livery, regalia, suit, ensemble, outfit; colors; informalgetup, monkey suit, rig, gear; archaichabit
    "a soldier in uniform"

• a code word representing the letter U, used in radio communication.
verb

• make uniform.
Michael Moore, Lt Col, CAP
National Recruiting & Retention Manager

vorteks

Quote from: baronet68 on January 07, 2019, 07:38:04 PM

I dream of encampments, airshows, and large-scale events where EVERY member is wearing the SAME uniform.

OK but how would you get everyone to fit into it?  >:D

TheSkyHornet

Quote from: baronet68 on January 07, 2019, 07:38:04 PM

Quoteu·ni·form
/ˈyo͞onəˌfôrm/
adjective

• not changing in form or character; remaining the same in all cases and at all times.
    "blocks of stone of uniform size"

synonyms:   constant, consistent, steady, invariable, unvarying, unfluctuating, unchanging, stable, static, regular, fixed, even, equal
    "a uniform temperature"

identical, matching, similar, equal;
    same, like, homogeneous, consistent
    "pieces of uniform size"

• denoting a garment forming part of a person's uniform.
    "black uniform jackets"
noun

• the distinctive clothing worn by members of the same organization or body or by children attending certain schools.
    "airline pilots in dark blue uniforms"

synonyms:   costume, livery, regalia, suit, ensemble, outfit; colors; informalgetup, monkey suit, rig, gear; archaichabit
    "a soldier in uniform"

• a code word representing the letter U, used in radio communication.
verb

• make uniform.

What if you went into the reverse? Rather than putting everyone into the "Corporate," put them into the ABUs.

Yeah, yeah, I know...you'll lose all the people that wear beards or are fairly overweight. Just a thought: Maybe those that can't do a single curl-up shouldn't be running a program that emphasizes healthy lifestyles and fitness.

On the converse, as always, you lose a bunch of cadets if you drop the Air Force-style uni. Then again, maybe there's too much emphasis of "You get to look like you're actually in the Air Force!" Psh, some units can't even enforce haircut standards.

The issue isn't with the uniform; it's with the attitudes that come with it---whether too gung-ho or too nonchalant.

CAPCom

Quote from: TheSkyHornet on January 07, 2019, 11:01:03 PM
Maybe those that can't do a single curl-up shouldn't be running a program that emphasizes healthy lifestyles and fitness...

Maybe those who don't realize a volunteer organization with strict anti-discrimination policies shouldn't be suggesting other volunteers who come in all shapes and sizes, from both genders, from all age groups, with different disabilities and medical issue shouldn't be in said volunteer organization if they can't keep themselves from criticizing volunteers and suggesting discrimination against them simply because they don't meet their personal standards of "healthy lifestyles and fitness".

The issue isn't with the uniform; it's with the attitudes that come with it

Based on your insensitive and unthinking comments about lifestyles and health, I can only respond by saying: Indeed.

Eclipse

"That Others May Zoom"

Spam

Yeah, yeah, I know...you'll lose all the people that wear beards or are fairly overweight. Just a thought: Maybe those that can't do a single curl-up shouldn't be running a program that emphasizes healthy lifestyles and fitness.

Ouch, Hornet. Ouch.  You know, I usually love reading your inputs but I can't go where you're going here.

From my perspective, that would be like me (with my engineering background) coming out with a biased statement that unless you've advanced engineering degrees and are a Test Pilot School instructor, you have no business in an organization that has Aerospace Education as a core mission. Lose the "dummies" that can't do diff equations? Kick out the ignorant who can't perform stress/thrust/vibroacoustics calculations, or perform thermal materials analyses, or pilot workload predictions? (NO WAY...).

You might want to consider walking that back a little.

V/r
Spam

Larry Mangum

I think this thread is done.
Larry Mangum, Lt Col CAP
DCS, Operations
SWR-SWR-001

SarDragon

Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member