Florida Wing Winter Encampment

Started by C/2d Lt, July 30, 2013, 01:03:56 AM

C/2d Lt

Does anyone know if Florida is holding a Winter Encampment again this year. I know that they held one in years past but I haven't heard anything yet. I would like to apply for staff and do not want to miss the deadline. Any information will help thanks!

C/1st Lt Neuman                                                 Cadet Executive Officer    NER-NY- 135                                    

Kansas Wing Winter Encampment ES Flight-2012       *GTM3, MRO, UDF, FLM, MSA
New York Wing Encampment-
              2012- Golf Flight Inflight
              2013- Charlie Flight Commander- Honor Flight for the Encampment
              2014- Squadron 2 Commander

HGjunkie

Each and every year! Look for announcements around September or later.
••• retired
2d Lt USAF

Woodsy

I've said this before here and I'll say it again.  Out of Wing Cadets shouldn't get their hopes up about getting a staff position at a FLWG encampment, summer or winter.  With over 2,000 cadets in the wing, there's a lot of applicants for each staff position and priority goes to local cadets. 

C/2d Lt

Do you know of any other encampments that are held over the winter, that are still/will be accepting staff positions?
C/1st Lt Neuman                                                 Cadet Executive Officer    NER-NY- 135                                    

Kansas Wing Winter Encampment ES Flight-2012       *GTM3, MRO, UDF, FLM, MSA
New York Wing Encampment-
              2012- Golf Flight Inflight
              2013- Charlie Flight Commander- Honor Flight for the Encampment
              2014- Squadron 2 Commander

HGjunkie

Quote from: Woodsy on July 30, 2013, 03:48:56 PM
I've said this before here and I'll say it again.  Out of Wing Cadets shouldn't get their hopes up about getting a staff position at a FLWG encampment, summer or winter.  With over 2,000 cadets in the wing, there's a lot of applicants for each staff position and priority goes to local cadets.
I wouldn't be so sure, there's always been OOS cadet staff each time I've gone to a FLWG encampment.

••• retired
2d Lt USAF

Woodsy

Quote from: HGjunkie on July 31, 2013, 01:04:17 AM
Quote from: Woodsy on July 30, 2013, 03:48:56 PM
I wouldn't be so sure, there's always been OOS cadet staff each time I've gone to a FLWG encampment.

Yes, there are usually a few selected out of the few hundred applicants.  Not saying it's impossible-  just saying don't get your hopes up. 

Cap'n

Check out Kansas or Texas Wing. I believe they're both still accepting staff applications, but to make sure check out their websites. I'm not in either wing, so there's a good chance I'm wrong.