National Flight Academy

Started by C/2d Lt, November 23, 2012, 01:06:52 AM

C/2d Lt

I have endlessly researched this topic and have seemed to come up with nothing so here are my questions. How may Nation Flight academies are there? Is there one national and then each region and wing also has there own? Is there a list of National FLight Academies so I know which ones to apply for? What do they look at during your application, what determines who gets picked? What can help me get in?

Sorry for so many questions. Any help would be appreciated.
C/1st Lt Neuman                                                 Cadet Executive Officer    NER-NY- 135                                    

Kansas Wing Winter Encampment ES Flight-2012       *GTM3, MRO, UDF, FLM, MSA
New York Wing Encampment-
              2012- Golf Flight Inflight
              2013- Charlie Flight Commander- Honor Flight for the Encampment
              2014- Squadron 2 Commander

MSG Mac

They're are Flight Academies at the National level. The NCSA schedule should be released on the 1st of December. Oi believe there is more than one. Some Wings and Regions also have their own activities.
Michael P. McEleney
Lt Col CAP
MSG USA (Retired)
50 Year Member

PA Guy

This link will take you to an explanation of the slotting process for all NCSAs except IACE.

http://www.ncsas.com/instructions/?understanding_the_slotting_process&show=entry&blogID=89

C/2d Lt

If there are more than on national flight academy how do you pick which one you go to? Is it which one you live closest to?
C/1st Lt Neuman                                                 Cadet Executive Officer    NER-NY- 135                                    

Kansas Wing Winter Encampment ES Flight-2012       *GTM3, MRO, UDF, FLM, MSA
New York Wing Encampment-
              2012- Golf Flight Inflight
              2013- Charlie Flight Commander- Honor Flight for the Encampment
              2014- Squadron 2 Commander

RogueLeader

Quote from: C/MSgt on November 24, 2012, 03:42:31 PM
If there are more than on national flight academy how do you pick which one you go to? Is it which one you live closest to?

You get to choose whichever one you want. Be advised that you also get to pay to get you there as well.
WYWG DP

GRW 3340