Recruiting

Started by footballrun21, August 29, 2005, 12:27:25 AM

BillB

True that after one year cadets do not have to return the National issued uniforms. But many squadrons furnish insignia or BDU's which should be returned. But the primary  purpose of attempting to get back the uniforms is to find out WHY the cadet dropped from the program.
Gil Robb Wilson # 19
Gil Robb Wilson # 104

BillB

Attached is a Florida Wing Cadet Program Manual which is now probably unofficial. It provides cadets with the basics of school or group recruiting drives. Originally it was written 30 years ago, but two cadets have updated it in the past two years. When issued there was a 23% growth produced over the previous year in Florida. It was accepted by SouthEast Region and produced a 17% growth regionwide.  Probably it should be modified to meet local conditions.

[attachment deleted by admin- older than one year]
Gil Robb Wilson # 19
Gil Robb Wilson # 104

Pylon

Quote from: BillB on September 01, 2005, 11:15:06 PM
Attached is a Florida Wing Cadet Program Manual which is now probably unofficial. It provides cadets with the basics of school or group recruiting drives. Originally it was written 30 years ago, but two cadets have updated it in the past two years. When issued there was a 23% growth produced over the previous year in Florida. It was accepted by SouthEast Region and produced a 17% growth regionwide.  Probably it should be modified to meet local conditions.

Awesome -- Thank you for sharing!  This is the kind of information exchange that really makes online communities like ours worthwhile!   ;)
Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP

footballrun21

I've never seen that before, it looks pretty cool.  I'm excited to see if it works! :D
C/2d Lt. Stephen Pettit, CAP
New Jersey Wing

BillB

In answer to a PM, Yes, Project Boot can be modifed to meet local problems. In fact it already has been slightly revised since it was uploaded to include a suggestion for a CAC. Also a copy has been sent to MGen Pineda for his comments and suggestions.
Gil Robb Wilson # 19
Gil Robb Wilson # 104

abysmal

Quote from: BillB on September 05, 2005, 08:32:57 PM
Yes, Project Boot can be modifed to meet local problems.

I pulled a copy down and am looking at making modifications to it to use locally as well.
2LT Christopher M. Parrett
[red]Deputy Commander of Cadets, Cadet Programs Officer[/red]
London Bridge Composite Squadron 501
SWR-AZ-112,  Lake Havasu City, Arizona

footballrun21

I'm in New Jersey, what things do you think might need to be changed for here?
C/2d Lt. Stephen Pettit, CAP
New Jersey Wing

BillB

Cadet Pettit, the only way to find what needs to be modified is to try it and see what DOESN'T work in your area. Perhaps if other people that have downloaded it and used it and found modifications would post those you'll be able to see what changes others found necessary.
For example, one Wing has suggested that the Wing Cadet Advisory Council be involved as a Wing level CAC activity. From the downloads I see, pretty much most of the 8 regions have downloded Project Boot. Thus variations can be located based on geographical local or area problems and the modifications posted on CAPTalk for everyone to see. While the original Project Boot was written for Florida where winter weather doesn't pose a problem, the schedule of recruiting efforts might need to be modified for Vermont for example. So if people post their modifications, maybe everyone can see changes they can use.
Gil Robb Wilson # 19
Gil Robb Wilson # 104