Cadet of the Month

Started by Michael Mazanec, September 05, 2019, 03:44:33 PM

Michael Mazanec

Does anyone out there still have a copy of the excel tracker for the Cadet of the Month program? I had it a few years ago when I was a Deputy Commander, but when I came back to the Squadron as a Commander a few months ago I was unable to locate it again.

Any help is appreciated!

Thanks!

jeders

Here's an Excel copy of our version of the tracker using the NHQ scoring metrics. Enter the cadet's name on the 'Template' sheet and they will auto-populate throughout the workbook. I've left some of the data (without cadet names) on the sheet so that you can see how we do our visual data-analysis.

Some key differences between the way we do it and the way National does it are 1) we do the award quarterly instead of monthly and 2) every cadet is eligible, not just the lower ranking cadets.
If you are confident in you abilities and experience, whether someone else is impressed is irrelevant. - Eclipse

Fester

I'd like to roll this out at my Squadron but with 41 cadets, it seems like it would be a major undertaking to track everything.  It sure would be nice if some of this info was easily pulled via eServices reports.
1stLt, CAP
Squadron CC
Group CPO
Eaker - 1996

jeders

Quote from: Fester on September 06, 2019, 04:59:37 AM
I'd like to roll this out at my Squadron but with 41 cadets, it seems like it would be a major undertaking to track everything.  It sure would be nice if some of this info was easily pulled via eServices reports.

With that many cadets, this might be an ideal project for a cadet to assist with.
If you are confident in you abilities and experience, whether someone else is impressed is irrelevant. - Eclipse

Fester

Quote from: jeders on September 06, 2019, 01:15:09 PM

With that many cadets, this might be an ideal project for a cadet to assist with.

Except I don't think cadets have access to ANY of the reports that would need to be utilized to maintain the tracking.
1stLt, CAP
Squadron CC
Group CPO
Eaker - 1996

TheSkyHornet

Quote from: Fester on September 07, 2019, 05:29:46 AM

Except I don't think cadets have access to ANY of the reports that would need to be utilized to maintain the tracking.

But a senior member could provide those to the cadet (just download and email, or drop them onto Google Drive).

I have a cadet who tracks our numbers, including those for the Recruiting Ribbon and STEM/Cyber Badges. That cadet also prepares the corresponding CAPF 2As. They also manage the weekly attendance process.

Delegate. Empower. Utilize.

Fester

Quote from: TheSkyHornet on September 09, 2019, 01:45:43 PM
Quote from: Fester on September 07, 2019, 05:29:46 AM

But a senior member could provide those to the cadet (just download and email, or drop them onto Google Drive).

I have a cadet who tracks our numbers, including those for the Recruiting Ribbon and STEM/Cyber Badges. That cadet also prepares the corresponding CAPF 2As. They also manage the weekly attendance process.

Delegate. Empower. Utilize.

Quite true.  But I'm still looking for all of the reports that will show all of the data without having to go through each individual record every month.
1stLt, CAP
Squadron CC
Group CPO
Eaker - 1996

Kayll'b

Personally, I prefere cadet of the quarter. it makes it that much more special to be picked. I would also use cadet of the year.

But that's just personal opinion.
C/Capt

Mitchell # 69847

Squadron Cadet Leadership officer

GCAC Recorder