eServices Version 2.0 (NHQ Update) My Opinion

Started by C/MSgt Lunsford, February 09, 2010, 04:59:03 AM

C/MSgt Lunsford

As everyone should know, eServices was updated to a Version 2 on 02 February, 2010. National Headquarters (NHQ) gave us a run down of what was improved and added to supposedly make our browsing experience better and more accessible . The following can be found under eServices News:

QuoteThe new version of Operations Qualifications has been released.

Notable new features include:

• Look and feel updated with a more responsive user interface. Less screen refreshes.
  • Every member will have access to any member's information. If they do not have permissions to edit the information, it will be read-only.
  • You do not have to download the font for the 101 Card barcode to show.
  • You can now uploaded ES and Pilot documents.
  • If you hover over any item in OPS Quals it will provide you with information (i.e. who validated/approved it, date it was validated/approved, etc.).
  • Real-time FRO Support Report.

Though the above improvements have improved accessibility... I feel that the user interface has decreased in quality... making it not harder, but more frustrating to navigate. Some may oppose my opinion, but I would like to know if anyone has the same feeling towards the update as I.

Wright Brothers #13915

Eclipse

http://captalk.net/index.php?topic=9825.msg178008#msg178008

Technical issues aside, most of us think its a big improvement, and the interface is much easier to use.

"That Others May Zoom"

Short Field

First off, it was not eServices Version 2.0 but Operations Qualifications Version 2.0.  There is a big difference between the two - Ops Quals is just a module under eServices.

Second, I really like the increase in information I get from Ops Quals 2.0.  They had a few bugs to get ironed out when it went active but the module seems to be working well now.

Third, I found no real difference in navigating between version 1.0 and version 2.0.   There are differences, but they are really so minor as to not be noticeable.  The interface is relatively intuitive. 
SAR/DR MP, ARCHOP, AOBD, GTM1, GBD, LSC, FASC, LO, PIO, MSO(T), & IC2
Wilson #2640

C/MSgt Lunsford

Quote from: Short Field on February 09, 2010, 05:16:25 AM
First off, it was not eServices Version 2.0 but Operations Qualifications Version 2.0.  There is a big difference between the two - Ops Quals is just a module under eServices.

Second, I really like the increase in information I get from Ops Quals 2.0.  They had a few bugs to get ironed out when it went active but the module seems to be working well now.

Third, I found no real difference in navigating between version 1.0 and version 2.0.   There are differences, but they are really so minor as to not be noticeable.  The interface is relatively intuitive.
I guess I notice the navigation change more then most. I just can seem to find stuff with ease like I used to before the update in the Operation Qualifications.

Also, forgive me on the mess up with the name. But you have seen what I have meant.

Wright Brothers #13915