CAP/CC and CAP/CV Race Update!

Started by Turk, May 10, 2008, 11:10:23 PM

Gunner C

Personally, I'd like to see "running" for CAP/CC eliminated.  CAP should strive to have automated files.  The BOG should have the files of all Cols put before them and they are rated by the BOG members.  The BOG makes its recommendation to SECAF who makes the final selection.  That might get rid of the problem of future TPs.

GC

notaNCO forever

Quote from: Gunner C on May 12, 2008, 12:41:22 PM
Personally, I'd like to see "running" for CAP/CC eliminated.  CAP should strive to have automated files.  The BOG should have the files of all Cols put before them and they are rated by the BOG members.  The BOG makes its recommendation to SECAF who makes the final selection.  That might get rid of the problem of future TPs.

GC

Sounds like a great idea but national never seems to like to do things the easy way.

DNall

Quote from: Gunner C on May 12, 2008, 12:41:22 PM
Absolutely!!! Just a minor point that you can't push work up, only down. BoG isn't going to do all that foot work. They may appoint a board for the purpose of reviewing applicant packages & files of qualified non-applicants, then make a set of recommendations to BoG (top 10 or whatever) and BoG make the decision with final interviews & appointment.

I def think SecAF or at least CSAF confirmation of the appointment/election is an important issue that should be added. That or Congress will have to do it.

FW

Just got the formal announcement from CAP/EX

For National Commander:  Brig Gen Amy Courter

For National Vice Commander: 
1.  Col. Reggie Chitwood, CAP/CS
 2.  Col. Russell Chazell, RMR/CC
 3.  Col. George Boyd, past CAP/NC and KAWG/CC

There was no mention of Col. Opland.

Gunner C

Col Opland is a candidate for MER/CC.

GC

Turk

"To fly is everything."  Otto Lilienthal

SJFedor

Quote from: FW on May 14, 2008, 01:58:44 AM

Where's KAWG??

Steven Fedor, NREMT-P
Master Ambulance Driver
Former Capt, MP, MCPE, MO, MS, GTL, and various other 3-and-4 letter combinations
NESA MAS Instructor, 2008-2010 (#479)

Turk

Quote from: SJFedor on May 25, 2008, 01:24:59 AM
Quote from: FW on May 14, 2008, 01:58:44 AM

Where's KAWG??

He meant "KS" - Kansas Wing. Boyd is a former Tuskegee Airman, and a perennial CAP/CV candidate.

"To fly is everything."  Otto Lilienthal

flyerthom

Quote from: JohnKachenmeister on May 11, 2008, 09:50:51 PM
Why can't I be the National Vice Commander?

I have more vices than most people!

Yaabut, I live in sin city  >:D
TC