Main Menu

Super dark side

Started by Spaceman3750, August 31, 2012, 12:00:15 PM

Pylon

Quote from: Devil Doc on September 01, 2012, 01:29:58 AM
how do you skip the butter bar? Congrats, im looking for an SLS course to attend soon.

Promotions to a higher grade can be made for special skills (CFIs, Health professional, Legal professionals, Chaplains, etc.) that, depending on the skill and the level of the outside certifications the person has, can mean appointments to directly to 1st Lt, Capt, and Maj.

Promotions can also be made based on prior cadet or flight officer experience + CAP PD.  So a cadet who completed the Earhart Award as a cadet (less than 5% of cadets make it that far) can be appointed to 1st Lt if they become a senior member and are 21.  A cadet who completes the Spaatz (less than 1% of cadets) can be appointed to Captain.  Cadets who convert to senior member status before turning 21 can also complete CAP Professional Development Levels and earns higher Flight Officer grades, with time-in-grade, can be eligible for promotion directly to 2dLt, 1st Lt, or Captain upon turning 21 (and being approved, obviously).

Members who earned senior enlisted, warrant officer, or commissioned officer rank in the Armed Forces are also eligible for certain advanced promotions.  Commissioned officers up to Lt Col get appointed to their Armed Forces rank.  There are "conversion charts" for E-7 and above, and warrant officers.

There are also a few other special scenarios for advanced promotions (Legislative Officers, Government Relations Officers, and a few others come to mind).

In the case of the user you were referring to, I think it was a cadet-experience-related promotion.
Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP

Spaceman3750

In my case, I was a senior flight officer, which jumps to 1st Lt when you turn 21 unless you have enough TIG, then you go to Capt.

Devil Doc

Ahh, ok. I should have worded it better   ;D. I was refering to how you go promoted, but i see you answered my question. Congrats, i know you are going to weat it proud. People always ask what rank I am, I always joke around and say SM, which stands for Sergant Major, lol. I think i have 5 months untill i pick up the butter.
Captain Brandon P. Smith CAP
Former HM3, U.S NAVY
Too many Awards, Achievments and Qualifications to list.

The CyBorg is destroyed

Welcome, my young apprentice... 8)

Exiled from GLR-MI-011

AngelWings

Traitor! You can never come back to the bright side again!!!

Spaceman3750

Quote from: AngelWings on September 01, 2012, 07:33:31 AM

I haven't been a member of the bright side since something like 2006...

AngelWings

Quote from: Spaceman3750 on September 01, 2012, 02:46:58 PM
Quote from: AngelWings on September 01, 2012, 07:33:31 AM

I haven't been a member of the bright side since something like 2006...
Out of all the things you'll miss, you'll miss your mind the most  >:D