Trainee Status gone...

Started by addo1, January 01, 2009, 08:11:41 PM

addo1

When I was viewing my 101 card this morning, I noticed that all my qualifications that I had trainee statuson were gone.. Is this part of the changes that took effect with the IS courses mandatory or whay? If someone could help me out here, that would be great. Thanks.
Addison Jaynes, SFO, CAP
Coordinator, Texas Wing International Air Cadet Exchange

National Cadet Advisory Council 2010

jeders

My guess would be yes, since the ICS courses are prerequisites.
If you are confident in you abilities and experience, whether someone else is impressed is irrelevant. - Eclipse

Eclipse

That's how it works - you won't be a trainee until you complete them.

"That Others May Zoom"

Duke Dillio

Here's the help you need:

Go to the FEMA website and take the courses.  When you complete the courses, you will get an email from FEMA with a link to a certificate.  Print out the certificate and bring it to your squadron ES officer/commander.

When you have taken them, go to the Operations Qualifications and fill in the dates on the SQTR's that list them (i.e. there is an SQTR for IS-100, IS-200, etc.)  Your commander or ES officer will have to validate them in order for them to show.  Once that is done, everything should come back.

Hope that helps.

RiverAux

Actually, I lost trainee status for a position for which I've got all the ICS stuff done, so that may not just be the only problem.

wuzafuzz

Check out the Countdown to Armageddon thread.  This is being discussed at length there.

Personally I lost trainee status on several specialties for which I possess the required training.
"You can't stop the signal, Mal."

addo1

Quote from: RiverAux on January 01, 2009, 09:51:21 PM
Actually, I lost trainee status for a position for which I've got all the ICS stuff done, so that may not just be the only problem.

No, that is what I am talking about. I have taken ALL the IS/ICS courses and have them submitted. It left my regular qualifications (that also required IS courses) and stashed all my trainee statuses. I have everything submitted for the trainee statuses, so I am trying to figure out what I should do to get it back...

Quote from: wuzafuzz on January 01, 2009, 10:53:03 PM
Check out the Countdown to Armageddon thread.  This is being discussed at length there.

Personally I lost trainee status on several specialties for which I possess the required training.

Exactly what I am talking about.
Addison Jaynes, SFO, CAP

RiverAux

I'm sure it is another bug associated with this changeover.  Report it to your chain of command, though I strongly suspect that NHQ is already working on it given their quick action on the other glitch discovered this morning. 

MikeD

MRO and MS Trainee went away for me.  The SQTR changed to include both IS100 and 700, and filled in the correct completion dates for both of them.  It did keep my UDF full status listed.

desertengineer1

Same thing here.  All ICS courses completed.  Am due a recertification for MRO, which showed trainee status as expected.  Now it's completely gone.

So, even though I'm fully compliant, I'm fully NMC.

Tubacap

Ditto... IC3(t) now gone.  Although the actual qual is now pending approval in my chain.
William Schlosser, Major CAP
NER-PA-001

Duke Dillio

Quick point, make sure that any tasks required for fam and prep are within like the last two years.  I had one drop off because my last training was in 2006.  When the year changed, it dumped my trainee status.  I used a more recent mission and it came back.

addo1

Quote from: MikeD on January 02, 2009, 04:44:39 AM
MRO and MS Trainee went away for me.  The SQTR changed to include both IS100 and 700, and filled in the correct completion dates for both of them.  It did keep my UDF full status listed.

Yeah, I lost my trainee (and almost completed) statuses on

- MRO
- MSA
- FLM
- GTM1
- UDF

If anyone knows how to get them back, let me know...

Quote from: Sqn72DO on January 02, 2009, 03:58:28 PM
Quick point, make sure that any tasks required for fam and prep are within like the last two years.  I had one drop off because my last training was in 2006.  When the year changed, it dumped my trainee status.  I used a more recent mission and it came back.

Yeah, I know what you are talking about... Mine was within the last 6 months though...
Addison Jaynes, SFO, CAP

Ricochet13

Quote from: RiverAux on January 01, 2009, 09:51:21 PM

Ditto!  Have already emailed my wing DOS/DOST and requested someone look into the situation. This situation was noticed when reviewing 101 card information for members of the squadron. 

Not all (T) status were removed, only some, and this is true for even those who have completed required ICS courses for specific ES skills.

desertengineer1

Your completion dates are still shown on the SQTR Single Entry pages.  I predict that completion and approvals of all requirements there will result in return of FMC quals.

Worse case, you'll still be covered with a SQTR whose prerequisites are signed by the commander and a 101 with GES.

If anything, this gives additional credibility to senior members repeatedly reminding members to keep hard copies. 

Ricochet13

Quote from: desertengineer1 on January 02, 2009, 07:38:30 PM
Your completion dates are still shown on the SQTR Single Entry pages.  I predict that completion and approvals of all requirements there will result in return of FMC quals.
Worse case, you'll still be covered with a SQTR whose prerequisites are signed by the commander and a 101 with GES.
If anything, this gives additional credibility to senior members repeatedly reminding members to keep hard copies. 

Not sure that's going to solve the problem.  Specifically I have three squadron members who have completed all requirements including ICS course work.  All that is needed is one additional ES mission.  That's not going to happen as, according to the current CAPF101, these members do not have trainee status and can't participate in that specific mission capacity.  Enlighten me if I am in error. 

Eclipse

Quote from: Ricochet13 on January 02, 2009, 10:24:59 PM

Not sure that's going to solve the problem.  Specifically I have three squadron members who have completed all requirements including ICS course work.  All that is needed is one additional ES mission.  That's not going to happen as, according to the current CAPF101, these members do not have trainee status and can't participate in that specific mission capacity.  Enlighten me if I am in error. 

No need to panic - we still have actual people in the admin roles at most missions.  This is a system glitch that will work itself out when they find the problem.

Until then a quick check of the SQTR, etc., should keep them in the game.

"That Others May Zoom"

addo1

I still have my trainee statuses on my printed out card, since I printed it before the 31st... Can I still use this card even though it is before December 31st? It DOES show my ICS qualifications on there...
Addison Jaynes, SFO, CAP

argentip

I lost my trainee status in 2 of my specialties.  I have completed all of the IS/ICS courses as well.  I believe I just got it fixed, though.  It seems that it is as simple as having your squadron commander re-approve your prerequisite and familiarization & preparatory tasks.

Hopefully this is all that is needed for everyone that truly has all their tasks completed to be in trainee status.
Phil Argenti, Col, CAP
GLR-IN-001

argentip

Quote from: addo1 on January 02, 2009, 11:16:32 PM
I still have my trainee statuses on my printed out card, since I printed it before the 31st... Can I still use this card even though it is before December 31st? It DOES show my ICS qualifications on there...

Technically, I would say that you would not be able to participate if your specialty is not currently shown on your electronic 101 card.  You need to have a valid 101 card to be signed into a mission and to be covered under the insurance.

I'm not sure how your Wing tracks member's qualifications, but MIWG checks all member's specialties when they sign into Mission Base at the beginning of a mission (mostly for practice missions).  If they find anyone that isn't qualified, they have to choose another position they are qualified in, or work to get the sign-offs before they are allowed to participate.
Phil Argenti, Col, CAP
GLR-IN-001

ammotrucker

I would sign into a MBS and have the IC place you in a trainee status.  That is what FLWG is telling me to tell are members with this same problem
RG Little, Capt

Short Field

Just print out a current SQTR from eServices and show the IC.  No big deal to get trainee status then.  This is not a big deal as a lot of people still use paper SQTRs.

I don't think I would trust any 101 card printed before 1 Jan 09. 
SAR/DR MP, ARCHOP, AOBD, GTM1, GBD, LSC, FASC, LO, PIO, MSO(T), & IC2
Wilson #2640

Ricochet13

Quote from: Eclipse on January 02, 2009, 10:31:23 PM

No need to panic - we still have actual people in the admin roles at most missions.  This is a system glitch that will work itself out when they find the problem.

Until then a quick check of the SQTR, etc., should keep them in the game.

Me panic, never. ;D  This situation is just one of life's very minor irritations.

arajca

National made a change to the SQTR entry module: you now need commander approval for each section (prereqs, fam and prep, etc). There was no announcement of this, they just slid it in.

If you got to the "My Ops Quals/National Reports" section, you'll find a link about it.

Quite rude of them.

ßτε

^ If you are referring to https://www.capnhq.gov/news/news13Sept07.htm, note the date. That has been in place for over a year.

It appears that when prerequisites are added, they must be re-approved.

Eclipse

My Region just sent a message requesting some patients patience as NHQ works this out.

"That Others May Zoom"

SarDragon

Quote from: Eclipse on January 04, 2009, 05:29:04 PM
My Region just sent a message requesting some patients as NHQ works this out.

Your region is looking for sick people?  ;D
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

Eclipse

Quote from: SarDragon on January 05, 2009, 12:55:01 AM

Yes, actually we are being encouraged to drive around in uniform, going lights and siren trying to find customers victims.   ;)

"That Others May Zoom"

Al Sayre

Quote from: Eclipse on January 05, 2009, 01:23:55 AM
Quote from: SarDragon on January 05, 2009, 12:55:01 AM

Yes, actually we are being encouraged to drive around in uniform, going lights and siren trying to find customers victims.   ;)

Find?  Or create? :D :D
Lt Col Al Sayre
MS Wing Staff Dude
Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska
GRW #2787

Eclipse

Quote from: Al Sayre on January 05, 2009, 03:53:25 PM
Find?  Or create? :D :D

110/120, Whatever works for you as long as you RESPECT MY AUTHORTAH! 

I should have posted that pic in the lights and Sirens thread before it was locked!

"That Others May Zoom"

Pumbaa

How about we talk about lights and Sirens here?

jeders

Quote from: eServicesThe ES section in Operations Qualifications is currently down due to required maintenance. We will try to have it back up ASAP. Thank you for you patience.

It seems as though they may be working on it.
If you are confident in you abilities and experience, whether someone else is impressed is irrelevant. - Eclipse

addo1

Quote from: jeders on January 05, 2009, 08:06:38 PM
Quote from: eServicesThe ES section in Operations Qualifications is currently down due to required maintenance. We will try to have it back up ASAP. Thank you for you patience.

It seems as though they may be working on it.

......AND ITS FIXED..... :))))
Addison Jaynes, SFO, CAP

jeders

Well it brought back MRO trainee, but not my GBD trainee.

addo1

Quote from: jeders on January 06, 2009, 12:26:00 AM
Well it brought back MRO trainee, but not my GBD trainee.

I got back all mine, but it is trying to print off a blank 101 every time...
Addison Jaynes, SFO, CAP

Al Sayre

Here is the deal on trainee status:  The ICS courses are prerequisites, so if you didn't have them all complete before 1 Jan 09, the computer automatically cancelled your "Commanders Approval for prerequisites" since they weren't complete.

So now you need to complete the ICS courses and have your commander validate them.  Then he/she needs to re-approve the prerequisites on your SQTR and then it will show back up on your 101 card as trainee.  Same deal on qualifications that were suspended for non-completion, your commander will have to re-approve them and so will group or wing.
Lt Col Al Sayre
MS Wing Staff Dude
Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska
GRW #2787

addo1

Ok. It is all fixed now. It was the system. Most people that had the trainee statuses completely with the ICS courses still got theirs knocked. It looks like the E-services maintnence went back and fixed it all. It is working now from what I can tell. Is anyone still having problems?
Addison Jaynes, SFO, CAP

wuzafuzz

Quote from: addo1 on January 06, 2009, 08:17:49 PM
Ok. It is all fixed now. It was the system. Most people that had the trainee statuses completely with the ICS courses still got theirs knocked. It looks like the E-services maintnence went back and fixed it all. It is working now from what I can tell. Is anyone still having problems?

Mine is still hosed.  My squadron ES officer fixed them for us, but some still didn't take.  Some came back just fine.
"You can't stop the signal, Mal."