CAWG COMM Group

Started by ALORD, January 19, 2016, 09:06:19 PM

ALORD

There was a group consisting of CAWG COM people ( More of a mailing list I think) and I have lost that info. Anyone out there in CAPTALK- land a CAWG Com's guy? I just need some up to date info.

SarDragon

There used to be a Yahoo group, but that's pretty much collapsed. Don't know that there is anything wing-wide any more.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

ALORD

Quote from: SarDragon on January 19, 2016, 09:13:00 PM
There used to be a Yahoo group, but that's pretty much collapsed. Don't know that there is anything wing-wide any more.

There was just a very  informal mailing list, and it seemed that most people lost interest. I have been out sick for awhile and wanted a Com's guy who could see if my old Yosemite Call sign is still assigned to me.

SarDragon

That I can check. If you membership hasn't lapsed, you're probably OK.

That said, I do not see your name in the most recent list I have handy, from Mar 2013. What was your olde call sign? I can see if it is unassigned.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
C/WO, CAP, Ret

ALORD

Quote from: SarDragon on January 19, 2016, 09:27:25 PM
That I can check. If you membership hasn't lapsed, you're probably OK.

That said, I do not see your name in the most recent list I have handy, from Mar 2013. What was your olde call sign? I can see if it is unassigned.

My ( now former, but I did not shoot him) DC-S decided to transfer my status to Patron Member, without telling me about it, so that everyone on the Sq roster would have "safety currency" ( I know, there are so many things wrong with that whole thing it make me have truly evil thoughts!) I Was Yosemite 222. I appreciate your checking.

SarDragon

It appears to be unassigned, but the best way to check would be to contact Bill Smidt. Email address via PM.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
C/WO, CAP, Ret