Main Menu

Christmas Loot 2008

Started by Stonewall, December 25, 2008, 02:16:03 PM

Duke Dillio

^^^  That's a great idea Kirt.  Wonder where I could find one of those with CAP stuff on it....

♠SARKID♠

Okay, I've got four different family groups I've received from so here's the total list.

Mom
DVR
Joseph & Feiss brown leather bomber jacket
Little Big Planet (Playstation 3)
Soul Calibur 4 (Playstation 3)
Bioshock (PC)
HP Printer
Assorted gift cards
Candies/Food stuffs
AF Blues T-shirt
New tires for my truck
Socks & Underwear
USB Hub

Dad
Wrench set
Allen wrench set
Pliers
Wire clippers
Socket set (my third one...)
Jumper cables
Gazetteer
Waukesha Fire Dept shirt (Dad is a fireman there)
A really cool trumpeter statuette
$$$

Extended Family
Leather work gloves
Blaze orange hunting vest
Hand warmers
Ornament (bleh...)
Gift card/$$$

Smokey

What is the significance of this black rock like stuff I got??
If you stand for nothing, you will fall for anything.
To err is human, to blame someone else shows good management skills.

♠SARKID♠

Quote from: Smokey on December 26, 2008, 04:35:28 AM
What is the significance of this black rock like stuff I got??

Sorry, Santa hates you.

LtCol057

Hey, at the prices of fuel lately, I'd love to have a bag of coal. Used to heat the house with coal back in the 60s when I lived in Germany.   Guess next year I'll have to be bad just to get the coal.   ;)

JoeTomasone

The best thing I got was a DVD of a long-lost TV show that I used to watch WIWYETBAC (When I was young enough to be a Cadet  :D) - Voyagers.

(No, not Star Trek: Voyager...)

For those who have never heard of it (or aren't quite sure):

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0083500/

Sarge

I bought one of these nifty survival gadgets...not bad for $25!

Sarge

I'll try this again....a great piece for anyones flight bag!
http://swisstechtools.com/productdetails
Check out the BodyGard Survivor! Kinda neat!

Rick Larson
Lt Col, CAP
SMSgt, USAF
C/WO (ret)
Mitchell# ???

JoeTomasone

Duke Dillio

Quote from: LtCol057 on December 26, 2008, 05:47:25 AM
Hey, at the prices of fuel lately, I'd love to have a bag of coal. Used to heat the house with coal back in the 60s when I lived in Germany.   Guess next year I'll have to be bad just to get the coal.   ;)
If you want some coal that bad, let me know....

I work at a place that has a huge pile of it lying around.  Just tell me how wet you want it....

pixelwonk

w00t!
Black Asus EeePC
Runs Windows XP, although it's getting gender modification surgery to become a hackintosh once wifi and sleep mode can be worked out with the current hardware.

6 hour battery... mmmmmmm!
upped ram to 2GB too.  The wife didn't know she got me that present as well.  >:D

iron medic

My (soon to be ex) wife paid for my first tattoo!  Don't know if it is ok to post pics it is on my upper arm covered by shirt sleeves.  Not bad for my first.

Duke Dillio

^^^^ congrats on the tat....

You do know that they are contagious right?  Once you get one, you'll be working on getting your next and your next and the one after that......

♠SARKID♠

Quote from: iron medic on December 26, 2008, 11:05:34 PM
My (soon to be ex) wife paid for my first tattoo!  Don't know if it is ok to post pics it is on my upper arm covered by shirt sleeves.  Not bad for my first.

It isn't her name is it?  Cuz that wouldn't work out too well...

Duke Dillio

Hey Tedda, did she come with the computer?

Walkman

I got a pair of Bushnell binos and an air rifle. Still got a couple of bucks from grandma to spend  ;D

iron medic

ol'fido

My wife got me a new bathrobe, a very cool Casio watch, and a Coleman flashlight from Wally World that is very bright (115 lumens) and if you twist the ring at the top it changes from the white light to red and then blue.

My granddaughter gave me several hugs and kisses.(She'll be 2 in March).

And, I managed to get through Christmas without either of my grandsons(6 and 7 months old) spitting up on my shirt. Not a large gift but much appreciated.
Lt. Col. Randy L. Mitchell
Historian, Group 1, IL-006

Cecil DP

But last night I got something that just tickles the heck out of me.  Any of you remember Chicken Man from the 1960s AFRN broadcasts?  Well, my wife got me all 273 episodes along with an autographed picture of CM himself!  14 CDs of pure fun radio theater.

He's everywhere! He's everywhere!!

Quote from: JoeTomasone on December 26, 2008, 06:00:07 AM
The best thing I got was a DVD of a long-lost TV show that I used to watch WIWYETBAC (When I was young enough to be a Cadet  :D) - Voyagers.

(No, not Star Trek: Voyager...)

For those who have never heard of it (or aren't quite sure):

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0083500/

I remember the show. It was canceled when the star, picked up a  blank pistol and killed himself.
Michael P. McEleney
LtCol CAP
MSG  USA Retired
GRW#436 Feb 85

NIN

Quote from: Cecil DP on December 27, 2008, 07:29:48 PM
I remember the show. It was canceled when the star, picked up a  blank pistol and killed himself.

Jon Erik Hexum. Sad, really.  He was screwing around with the gun and the wadding from the blank caused enough blunt force trauma basically render his brain inop.  He was dating E.G. Daily at the time, too!  (80s fans will get that reference..)

Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
I have no responsibilities whatsoever
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.