Main Menu

Christmas Loot 2008

Started by Stonewall, December 25, 2008, 02:16:03 PM

Stonewall

SARKID started this thread last year, so I figured we'd make it a tradition....

My biggest and best gift, something I have always wanted:

Also...

And of course...clothes.

This year we have another child in our lives so with two young'uns, it's all about them.  Don't worry, we didn't spoil them, that's for the grandparents to do.
Serving since 1987.

Trung Si Ma

Left Handed Remington 700 SPS in .308 with a Leopold 3-9x50 for shooting the 600 yard targets in NRA F T/R Class.  And some Nu-Lites for the instrument panel in the 172.
Freedom isn't free - I paid for it

Eclipse

I got my Fubar: 
No one at the Secret Santa party was really sure what I was going to do with it.  I just said "Its for breakin' stuff, maybe stuff that's already partially broken with someone inside...".

And this press is on its way: 

Lots of clothes (been looking kinda shabby lately with about 1 pair of socks in the drawer), some coffee for the press, and some sweet treats.

And of course the complete CSU was the big present from the wife...

Stonewall:  My wife works for Phillips so I got one of those last year, very sweet - the trick is to make sure to keep the blades free, so on heavier days you might have to dump it out mid-shave.  Otherwise, I'm always surprised how close it shaves!

"That Others May Zoom"

PaulR

I was allowed to buy a cool uniform for my Luftwaffe collection and to pick up a complete service uniform for when I return to CAP this summer(It has the stripes already sewn onto the jacket!).

Nothing screams "Merry Christmas" better than a WW2 German Air Force uniform!! (I got a kick out it anyway). ;D

Hawk200

Got loads of cookies, baked goods, etc. over here. My father asked me what I wanted for Christmas, I told him to wait until July when I'm home (bunch of stores do Christmas in July, why can't I have one?).

I may make a few "gifts" to myself, courteousy of eBay, but other than that, waiting until July.

BTW, anyone mind if I resurrect this thread in July? Or would that be too much?  ;D

JoeTomasone

Quote from: Trung Si Ma on December 25, 2008, 03:20:58 PM

Left Handed Remington 700 SPS in .308 with a Leopold 3-9x50 for shooting the 600 yard targets in NRA F T/R Class. 

You'll shoot your eye out!

PHall

Quote from: JoeTomasone on December 25, 2008, 04:50:59 PM

Left Handed Remington 700 SPS in .308 with a Leopold 3-9x50 for shooting the 600 yard targets in NRA F T/R Class. 

You'll shoot your eye out!

At 500 yards! ;)

Duke Dillio

I had to work all night last night so I won't be awake for Christmas....

I go my RACK with some pretty cool patches for a Maxpedition admin pouch on the front.  I'll post pics once I figure out how to put it together.  Having a hard time getting beyond step 1.  Insert Tab A into Slot B....

Oh, and I got some tools and some stuff for my drumset.  Not a bad take....

NIN

Quote from: Sqn72DO on December 25, 2008, 05:06:37 PM
I go my RACK with some pretty cool patches for a Maxpedition admin pouch on the front.  I'll post pics once I figure out how to put it together.  Having a hard time getting beyond step 1.  Insert Tab A into Slot B....

The Maxpedition admin pouch rocks the Casbah. I have the "Front toward Enemy" claymore patch, an Easy Button, and the "Beer Low" caution light patch from CrewDogs under an "after 5" nametag on mine.

Gotta love MilSpecMonkey.

As for setting up the RACK, well, I'm still trying to grep all this MOLLE stuff... :)
Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
I have no responsibilities whatsoever
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

Eclipse

^ OK, one of you guys has to post a photo...

"That Others May Zoom"

flyerthom

TC

AlphaSigOU

Bought my plane ticket to attend Pacific Region Staff College at Nellis in March/April.
Lt Col Charles E. (Chuck) Corway, CAP
Gill Robb Wilson Award (#2901 - 2011)
Amelia Earhart Award (#1257 - 1982) - C/Major (retired)
Billy Mitchell Award (#2375 - 1981)
Administrative/Personnel/Professional Development Officer
Nellis Composite Squadron (PCR-NV-069)
KJ6GHO - NAR 45040

alexalvarez

Spend time with my daugthers and elderly father.
Ch, Lt. Col., Alex Alvarez
Alamo Composite Squadron, Bexar County Squadron, San Antonio, Texas
Group V Chaplain
Mitchell 1967, Earhart 1967, C/ Lt. Col. 1969
Fifty Year Member 2014

Gunner C

Left Handed Remington 700 SPS in .308 with a Leopold 3-9x50 for shooting the 600 yard targets in NRA F T/R Class.  And some Nu-Lites for the instrument panel in the 172.

There is lust in my heart!  That's sweet!  Is it chambered NATO 7.62 or did you get something exotic?  That scope is going to rock!  How many mils are the reticles?

I'm earning double time today and tomorrow (10 hours each).  But last night I got something that just tickles the heck out of me.  Any of you remember Chicken Man from the 1960s AFRN broadcasts?  Well, my wife got me all 273 episodes along with an autographed picture of CM himself!  14 CDs of pure fun radio theater.

Gunner

Duke Dillio

I finally got it put together, I think....

Now I just need to figure out what patch I want to fill the void there on the right side....

And no I did not earn the "Infidel" tab...

JAFO78

We spent time with new friends had dinner at their condo. 3 of my kids are sleeping over at their place. Best of all the weather here in Florida was great.  :clap:

Santa forgot my lap top again this year, maybe next year.  :(

8)
JAFO

IceNine

While I didn't get a ton of "stuff" this year I think this may be the best Christmas I've ever had.

I got the usual wool socks, and stuff.
Gift cards to Sears, Wal-mart, Mcdonalds
My traditional Snoopy Ornament from grandma.
A Columbia Jacket

And this year grandma almost had me in tears.

I got my Grandpa's Burial Flag.  He's only been gone 2 years and I just assumed it would go to my father (the oldest son).  And a note in the card that said "wait till your b-day and I'll buy the shadow box for it"

"All of the true things that I am about to tell you are shameless lies"

Book of Bokonon
Chapter 4

Stonewall

Went to my In-Laws for Christmas dinner and my father-in-law got this book:

My F-i-L is a retired Army Lt Col Airborne Artillery guy and knows what types of books I enjoy reading, because there aren't many.

This goes right along with this book:

Serving since 1987.

Stonewall

Quote from: Sqn72DO on December 25, 2008, 11:20:01 PM
I finally got it put together, I think....

Now I just need to figure out what patch I want to fill the void there on the right side....

And no I did not earn the "Infidel" tab...

Looks like some pretty functional gear.  Not bad.  Not sure how I feel about it for CAP, but it is "tactical" looking. 

How does one earn the Infidel tab?

I'd get an embroidered flight suit name tag and throw that bad boy on there, like what I did for my Air Force gear.  See photo...

Serving since 1987.