Leave that Stuff at Home Folks!

Started by dogboy, July 08, 2008, 11:15:27 PM

dogboy

Crime Notes

Tiffany Johnson

Issue date: 7/9/08 Section: Updates

PrintEmail Article Tools Page 1 of 1 June 21 - Officers were sent to Zink Rd. on report of possible drug activity. The resident was staying on campus as a part of the Civil Air Patrol. An officer with the Civil Air Patrol retrieved the resident from Wright Patterson Air Force Base. The resident admitted that he had marijuana and rolling papers in his room, but said he has not smoked marijuana in the room. The officers issued a citation for drug possession.

http://media.www.theguardianonline.com/media/storage/paper373/news/2008/07/09/Updates/Crime.Notes-3388937.shtml

IceNine

This is awesome I love negative publicity at the hands of idiots.

But given the fact that a google search produced no results maybe we should not make this issue too well known.

"All of the true things that I am about to tell you are shameless lies"

Book of Bokonon
Chapter 4

mikeylikey

What CAP activity are they having at Wright-PATT?  Isn't there a Cadet Special Activity going on there right now??

Awesome. 
What's up monkeys?

JoeTomasone

"Leave That Stuff At Home"????

May I suggest: "Don't Do That Stuff At All" instead?

Of course, the 2B should be filed any time now..

Johnny Yuma

I think I'd be talking to whoever did the pre-activity shakedown.
"And Saint Attila raised the Holy Hand Grenade up on high saying, "Oh Lord, Bless us this Holy Hand Grenade, and with it smash our enemies to tiny bits. And the Lord did grin, and the people did feast upon the lambs, and stoats, and orangutans, and breakfast cereals, and lima bean-"

" Skip a bit, brother."

"And then the Lord spake, saying: "First, shalt thou take out the holy pin. Then shalt thou count to three. No more, no less. "Three" shall be the number of the counting, and the number of the counting shall be three. "Four" shalt thou not count, and neither count thou two, execpting that thou then goest on to three. Five is RIGHT OUT. Once the number three, being the third number be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade to-wards thy foe, who, being naughty in my sight, shall snuffit. Amen."

Armaments Chapter One, verses nine through twenty-seven:

Duke Dillio

The chances of CAP being able to use those facilities again just dropped to approximately -2105%.  Great job to the moron that did that.  As if we didn't have a hard enough time trying to show that CAP was good.  Now, the only two things that could make this kindof funny would be A.)  said CAP member was a member of CAPTalk or B.)  the member in question was a chaplain.

SJFedor

There's no way this will be good. As well, it's probably not something we want on the front page of this forum. Ohhh man....

Steven Fedor, NREMT-P
Master Ambulance Driver
Former Capt, MP, MCPE, MO, MS, GTL, and various other 3-and-4 letter combinations
NESA MAS Instructor, 2008-2010 (#479)

jb512

He's lucky that he wasn't in Texas.  We don't issue citations for drug possession, you go straight to jail and don't collect $200.

flyerthom

Quote from: Sqn72DO on July 09, 2008, 05:23:49 AM
The chances of CAP being able to use those facilities again just dropped to approximately -2105%.  Great job to the moron that did that.  As if we didn't have a hard enough time trying to show that CAP was good.  Now, the only two things that could make this kindof funny would be A.)  said CAP member was a member of CAPTalk or B.)  the member in question was a chaplain.

I hope the dude wasn't CD qualified  >:(
TC

AlphaSigOU

Quote from: jaybird512 on July 09, 2008, 08:29:11 AM
He's lucky that he wasn't in Texas.  We don't issue citations for drug possession, you go straight to jail and don't collect $200.

One way trip to Huntsville or some of the other wonderful resorts of the Texas Gulag Archipelago... ;D I hope they 2b the dumbsquat at a minimum.
Lt Col Charles E. (Chuck) Corway, CAP
Gill Robb Wilson Award (#2901 - 2011)
Amelia Earhart Award (#1257 - 1982) - C/Major (retired)
Billy Mitchell Award (#2375 - 1981)
Administrative/Personnel/Professional Development Officer
Nellis Composite Squadron (PCR-NV-069)
KJ6GHO - NAR 45040

flyguync

CAP will give him a medal and make him the new poster child for DDR.

Pylon

*Ahem* Please keep the comments about the individual in question above the board, please.  No need for petty name-calling, etc. regardless of how irresponsible the person's actions may have been.  The person is not here to defend themselves, but even if he or she was, our MCoC doesn't allow name-calling.  Keep the topic to a professional tone.
Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP

BillB

Wasn't June 21 during the National Cadet Competition?  Wonder if the person was a cadet or senior
Gil Robb Wilson # 19
Gil Robb Wilson # 104

sjtrupp

Quote from: BillB on July 09, 2008, 02:39:21 PM
Wasn't June 21 during the National Cadet Competition?  Wonder if the person was a cadet or senior

No, NCC was June 26-30.

Bluelakes 13

since we dont' want this issue to linger instead of talking more about it. how about we let it die.  and may I suggest to a mod that this issue be locked.

1st Lt Ricky Walsh, CAP
Boston Cadet Squadron
NER-MA002 SE, AEO & ESO

Chappie

Quote from: Sqn72DO on July 09, 2008, 05:23:49 AM

The third thing would be: seeing the person of interest being led away wearing a black event t-shirt with the DDR patch on the left sleeve (I have a few of those....and....no I was not at Wright Patt -- that's my story and I am sticking to it).
Disclaimer:  Not to be confused with the other user that goes by "Chappy"   :)

flyguy06

Quote from: dogboy on July 08, 2008, 11:15:27 PM
Crime Notes

Tiffany Johnson

Issue date: 7/9/08 Section: Updates

PrintEmail Article Tools Page 1 of 1 June 21 - Officers were sent to Zink Rd. on report of possible drug activity. The resident was staying on campus as a part of the Civil Air Patrol. An officer with the Civil Air Patrol retrieved the resident from Wright Patterson Air Force Base. The resident admitted that he had marijuana and rolling papers in his room, but said he has not smoked marijuana in the room. The officers issued a citation for drug possession.

http://media.www.theguardianonline.com/media/storage/paper373/news/2008/07/09/Updates/Crime.Notes-3388937.shtml

Hold on. I was at the NCC at Wright Pat and I dont remember this incident unless it was just kept that much of a secret. The NCC didnt start until the 26th so, I dont think anyone was there on the 21st. that would have been super early. So, I wonder how accurate this story is.

The OHWG Encampment was at Wright Patterson AFB not Wright State University. I think this whole story is inaccurate. CAP's name just got caught up by accident .

mikeylikey

The E-Tech National Cadet Activity was going on at that time there was it not???

What's up monkeys?

Ned

Folks,

Let it go.

Sources indicate that it was not a CAP member that was cited, but rather a family member of a CAP officer who was in quarters at Wright State.

Let us not forget the bedrock American value of the presumption of innocence.

(And FWIW, the family member in question has been enrolled in a drug treatment program.)

The CAP family has the same challenges that all other American families face.

Let's show the family some respect and dignity.

"Nothing to see here folks, let's move on."

Ned Lee

mikeylikey

Quote from: Ned on July 09, 2008, 04:03:52 PM
The CAP family has the same challenges that all other American families face.

Not really.  Now they have to beat drug charges.  Or get off the drugs. 
What's up monkeys?

B.Kahuna

Quote from: flyguy06 on July 09, 2008, 03:35:30 PM
The OHWG Encampment was at Wright Patterson AFB not Wright State University. I think this whole story is inaccurate. CAP's name just got caught up by accident .

I wasn't at the OHWG Encampment, but I'm pretty sure the cadets stayed in Wright State University dorms.

IceNine

LOCK Please!... This is going no where good REALLY fast
"All of the true things that I am about to tell you are shameless lies"

Book of Bokonon
Chapter 4

I tried asking for that earlier it seems the mods are going to let this go on forever.   I think we need to have at least one new mod who will shut this thread down.

1st Lt Ricky Walsh, CAP
Boston Cadet Squadron
NER-MA002 SE, AEO & ESO

mikeylikey

Since it's going to be locked......

Kids.....Don't do drugs, and stay in school!!

What's up monkeys?

Major Carrales

Ironically, by posing this on this forum...it will very soon be on the search engines.
"We have been given the power to change CAP, let's keep the momentum going!"

Major Joe Ely "Sparky" Carrales, CAP
Commander
Coastal Bend Cadet Squadron
SWR-TX-454

jb512

Enough with "the sky is falling, the sky is falling!".  Quit being so quick to lock everything or calling for a lock...  If you don't want to post, or don't want to read the posts then don't do it.

Johnny Yuma

Quote from: jaybird512 on July 09, 2008, 09:31:51 PM
Enough with "the sky is falling, the sky is falling!".  Quit being so quick to lock everything or calling for a lock...  If you don't want to post, or don't want to read the posts then don't do it.

+10

Really, folks!

It's in the campus newspaper. It's also likely a matter of public record at the courthouse, not to mention that any crime reporter in the area probably already ran it in the local paper already.

I believe the proverbial Cow is out of the figurative barn.

QuoteLet us not forget the bedrock American value of the presumption of innocence.

(And FWIW, the family member in question has been enrolled in a drug treatment program.)

I didn't do it, but here I am in rehab anyway???

Anyone else here smell Chutzpah?
"And Saint Attila raised the Holy Hand Grenade up on high saying, "Oh Lord, Bless us this Holy Hand Grenade, and with it smash our enemies to tiny bits. And the Lord did grin, and the people did feast upon the lambs, and stoats, and orangutans, and breakfast cereals, and lima bean-"

" Skip a bit, brother."

"And then the Lord spake, saying: "First, shalt thou take out the holy pin. Then shalt thou count to three. No more, no less. "Three" shall be the number of the counting, and the number of the counting shall be three. "Four" shalt thou not count, and neither count thou two, execpting that thou then goest on to three. Five is RIGHT OUT. Once the number three, being the third number be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade to-wards thy foe, who, being naughty in my sight, shall snuffit. Amen."

mikeylikey

^Nice catch on the "enroll in a drug treatment program".  Not being guilty, one would not need to enter a drug rehab program.  Wow.....I read Ned's post twice and missed that. 

What's up monkeys?

winterg

I agree wholhaeartedly with keeping the discussion aboveboard and sticking to the facts and avoiding useless name calling.  But I do not agree with burying our heads in the sand and not legitimately discussing a topic just because someone, somewhere, somehow connected with CAP did something negative.  What's the use in having an open forum for discussion if it is not open discussion but only topics that are shiny-happy.

After reading all the posts and seeing that it appears that it was not a CAPper but a family member I'm hopeful that the member of the family who is in CAP has benifited from our program and does not take up the habit of using illicit drugs.  But even if it had been a member of CAP who used drugs at a CAP event, why shouldn't we discuss this serious issue in a frank manner.  Heck, I could probably even condone a "little" bashing of what would have obviously been a reprehensible act.

The only comment I would make here, is make sure the facts are checked out before posting potentially misleading information.  And when commenting on such matters, try to see the whole issue as well the effect comments may have.   Other than that, I don't understand the hue and cry to lock a discussion on the matter.  Just my .02 cents.

This post was, in no way, intended to demean the members calling for a lock, just using the forum to discuss the issue.

Johnny Yuma

While this is a black eye for CAP, sometimes black eyes aren't always a bad thing.

1. We're just now starting to recover from a former command who pretty much worked in the dark. Sometimes sunlight's just what the doctor ordered.

2. A member of the CAP family has been found in need of help. With luck they're getting it and hopefully the State of Ohio will see this.

3. I've seen and heard of worse going's on in CAP, as with other groups, going back better than 40 years ago. No organization is immune to local scandals and to pretend we are is ridiculous.

" Skip a bit, brother."

Major Carrales

Quote from: Johnny Yuma on July 10, 2008, 03:55:41 AM
While this is a black eye for CAP, sometimes black eyes aren't always a bad thing.

Yes, there is a lot to be said for "taking the swift, correct and approriate" action.  "Cover ups," "cronie protection" and "slow action" are the mother of all truly horrible things that explode into organization destroying fiascos.   So long as CAP authorities are transparent, swift and fair in dealing with issues...then all will turn out alright.
"We have been given the power to change CAP, let's keep the momentum going!"

Major Joe Ely "Sparky" Carrales, CAP
Commander
Coastal Bend Cadet Squadron
SWR-TX-454

Duke Dillio

I hate to tell you guys but someone smoking a little pot in CAP is not exactly a "black eye."  As someone pointed out to me a while ago, there have been bigger incidents with much more serious ramifications in CAP's past.  I'm sure that some of the older members could probably tell you about incidents with CAP in Doobie land from back in the 60's when it was probably a little more acceptable.  Please don't get me wrong, I am not condoning this action in any way, shape, or form.  Hopefully the person in question has learned their lesson but in all honesty this isn't a huge deal to me.  Now, if a CAP member, in uniform, had been caught selling a kilo of cocaine to an undercover NARC and had a newscrew or COPS crew there to film them during the arrest, that would be a different story.

We will not speak of my personal opinion on the use of "recreational pharmacuedicals."  (sp?)

winterg

Quote from: Sqn72DO on July 10, 2008, 05:30:39 AM
I hate to tell you guys but someone smoking a little pot in CAP is not exactly a "black eye." 
We will not speak of my personal opinion on the use of "recreational pharmacuedicals."  (sp?)

A kilo of coke or a "doobie".  I don't see the difference.  Not judging you Sqn, just my view.

flyguy06

You guys are VERY judgemental. Making jokes, condeming these folks. WOW. I think you all kinda blew this whole thing out of porportion. Respect the family members. Dont judge lest thee be judged.

jb512

Quote from: flyguy06 on July 10, 2008, 08:09:05 AM
You guys are VERY judgemental. Making jokes, condeming these folks. WOW. I think you all kinda blew this whole thing out of porportion. Respect the family members. Dont judge lest thee be judged.

You got that right.  It turns out that it was a family member of a CAP officer, so we'll drag them through the mud next...

Don't bring your stash unless you're prepared...

flyguy06

Quote from: winterg on July 10, 2008, 07:50:38 AM
I hate to tell you guys but someone smoking a little pot in CAP is not exactly a "black eye." 

A kilo of coke or a "doobie".  I don't see the difference.  Not judging you Sqn, just my view.

Thats because you are perfect and NEVER do anything wrong

winterg

Quote from: flyguy06 on July 10, 2008, 08:09:05 AM

I don't think I've seen any posts that would count as "condemnation".  And I stick by my comment that they are the same and that there are no "ok" illicit drugs.  The negative effect they ALL have on our society due to the manufacture, processing and distribution makes them all the same shade of evil in my book.  And as for being judgemental, well, I guess it's time to shut this forum and pretty much most tv stations down and stay indoors.  Please don't preach to me.  I may not be perfect.  But I haven't brought shame to CAP by making the paper for drugs in connection with CAP.  People who do that should have to put up with at least a little scorn.  Or as much as our PC society will allow.

mikeylikey

Quote from: flyguy06 on July 10, 2008, 08:23:17 AM
Quote from: winterg on July 10, 2008, 07:50:38 AM

Thats because you are perfect and NEVER do anything wrong

Drugs are drugs.  PERIOD.  Sqn72DO, we now know you would be totally cool with a  CAP member (adult and Cadet) doing drugs at CAP activities.  Have you already allowed it?  Have you even gone as far as supplying it?  Everyone has a right to their opinion about Drugs in the United States.  However CAP says "no drugs".......you must support that.  That comment you made can be taken by someone and twisted in such a way as to file a 2b.

Winterg....I totally support your affirmation about no difference between illicit drugs.  Illegal drug=Illegal drug.  Too many people are killed over drugs each year for there to be no concern about one drug being more acceptable than another.

Finally.......if you can't follow the rules in the first place (like not doing crack), society can not trust you, and you are a waste. 

I see waivers come in all the time for drug related charges to be nullified for ROTC Cadets.  It was a sad day when I got that extra duty, cause.....I deny every single one of them.  I will press for a dishonorable discharge for every Soldier that works in my Command if they test positive, or are caught with drugs or drug instruments.  I don't want to even be in the same room with people who do recreational drugs.  They are so not worth the air they breath.     
What's up monkeys?

MIKE

Mike Johnston