Main Menu

Sue Paul CAWG resigns

Started by Major Lord, July 26, 2007, 09:16:00 PM

a2capt

Quote from: calguy on August 02, 2007, 11:52:27 PM
The Wing received an unsatisfactory on its SAREVAL this year from an EXCELLANT two years ago.  The prior to years they received the CAP's best ES Program and now we hit rock bottom.  Thank the CV and lack of gut and leadership for that!

Funny thing.. the 'new' DOS was when? The SAREVAL was flopped when? The DOS who has now moved up in call sign #'s is the primary reason for this most recent failure. This stuff is set in motion, these two and some of their followers are not team players at all. Most of the time all you get out of them on the air is harsh statement toward and about other members, they're really experienced with the 'run' in 'running missions', they have run everyone else out with their actions. Command and Control is basically non-existent, and you're right. The current DOS is not much better and a supporter of one in the same. These guys rip on members, rip on command, and do it on the air with no regard as to who can hear it. They treat the communications system as their own private network.

Col. Nelson's 'hands off' approach to management came back and bit hard.  At least with Col. Myrick  you did know where you stood. Since the command change back then, it was romper room unless it was Cadetcentric.

The ES cliques need to go the way of the do-do bird, the sloppy, fast talking, harsh talking, sarcastic ripping on other members on the airwaves and the like all need to go.  Command, buy not doing anything about it, gives the impression of condoning it. What does that do for morale and desire to contribute?

As for the flying club? the tennis tournament, I can't not agree. If you are going to take an asset you should be prepared to either return it or put it in service when called on. That means if you are going a bit further away- perhaps maybe someone wants to go with you.. so make it a complete crew should that asset be needed. But there's probably quite a bit more to the whole story there.

calguy

Quote from: a2capt on August 03, 2007, 10:03:15 PM
Quote from: calguy on August 02, 2007, 11:52:27 PM
The Wing received an unsatisfactory on its SAREVAL this year from an EXCELLANT two years ago.  The prior to years they received the CAP's best ES Program and now we hit rock bottom.  Thank the CV and lack of gut and leadership for that!

Funny thing.. the 'new' DOS was when? The SAREVAL was flopped when? The DOS who has now moved up in call sign #'s is the primary reason for this most recent failure.

The CV took over as DOS just prior to last years wing conference in Bakersfield.  He did nothing but make promises and give his buds a bunch of ES ratings with the promise that they would take control of the ES program.  They did nothing, we got in some big time trouble with the OES and the old guard stepped in to keep our standings and $$$ with the OES.  He got fired, became CV again and put the deputy DDO  ( R.B.) as DOS.  There was no plan for who was going to be at the SAREVAL, leaving the IC with no planned staff.  At the last minute, they found a few good old boys to run the mission and "save the day???"  It was terrible!  There are a few guys that really understand ICS and it showed.  The rest were lost and really had no idea what their jobs were, and these are "senior" command staff at Wing guys.  Almost the whole operations section took and hour and a half lunch and dumped it on the IC, than at three o'clock almost everyone but the IC and his assistant left for a planned dinner eventhough there were still taskings outstanding.
The wing DOS had put together a full ICS and SAR school for the Wing three years ago.  The group CCs, CC & CV prevented them from doing it and the groups ALL said they would do it...it never happened.  No leadership and I am sure the new CC has no idea how bad off we are.  The CV keeps all information from him to protect himself (CV).

Mustang

Quote from: ZigZag911 on July 29, 2007, 09:05:04 PMThis is not a comment on the new CA Wing CC, whom I don't know & have not met -- but CAP needs some firm regulations, some enforceable standards, regarding selection and appointment of region and wing commanders.....and since the NB won't touch it, it seems high time the BOG looked into it!

It's coming!
"Amateurs train until they get it right; Professionals train until they cannot get it wrong. "

calguy

do you think they will wait to the wg conf. for a change of command....or change now....or do nothing?  I say wing conf.

Chappie

Quote from: calguy on August 07, 2007, 11:06:14 PM
do you think they will wait to the wg conf. for a change of command....or change now....or do nothing?  I say wing conf.

I don't see a change of command taking place in the CAWG at this year's Wing Conference.  Common sense would dictate that you would not want to put the Wing Membership through 2 changes of command within a 6-8 month time frame...but then again I have seen common sense go out the window in some CAP decisions. ::)
Disclaimer:  Not to be confused with the other user that goes by "Chappy"   :)

Skyray

I have been reading this thread with interest.  A few years ago, I was deputy Group Commander for Cal Morton, a former California Wing Vice Commander.  Cal introduced me to Angelo Porco, who was in the process of making the mistake of taking on the Bowling/Pineda machine for corruption.  They trashed his reputation thoroughly, but I always found Angelo to have a solid basis in his analysis.  Anybody out there in Arnold-Land know whatever happened to Angelo?
Doug Johnson - Miami

Always Active-Sometimes a Member

a2capt

Well... common sense would have been that this whole matter had been handled much differently, it's not as if shenanigans were taking place and people were up to no good with funding.

Personally, I was disappointed when it was announced that a change of command was not forthcoming, that an additional year was given. Col. Nelson's hands off approach basically stunk. If it wasn't cadetcentric, it got little or no support and probably suffered. Namely, ES seems to have lost the concept of Command and Control. That started right from the very beginning.

With great power comes great responsibility and no more ever is it evident right here.
I just hope that the intentions in the works are serving the greater mission of CAP, and not to settle a score.

I realize membership from practically Year #2 in the organization is a lot more than most of the current membership can say, and thats very commendable, but it really should be more than Do as I say, not as I do. (or as I give the appearance of, at least) but Wing commanders are usually primed by leading units, groups, being the Vice, etc..

bosshawk

Skyray: Col Angelo Porco moved from CAWG to the PACR staff and, about two years ago, quietly retired from CAP.  He generally comes to the CAWG Wing Conference and visits with his friends.
Paul M. Reed
Col, USA(ret)
Former CAP Lt Col
Wilson #2777

wingnut

AHH CAP retirement, do we get health care benefits with that??

ColonelJack

Quote from: wingnut on August 09, 2007, 06:40:16 AM
AHH CAP retirement, do we get health care benefits with that??

Um ... no.

Jack
Jack Bagley, Ed. D.
Lt. Col., CAP (now inactive)
Gill Robb Wilson Award No. 1366, 29 Nov 1991
Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska
Honorary Admiral, Navy of the Republic of Molossia

Skyray

Quote from: bosshawk on August 09, 2007, 02:26:32 AM
Skyray: Col Angelo Porco moved from CAWG to the PACR staff and, about two years ago, quietly retired from CAP.  He generally comes to the CAWG Wing Conference and visits with his friends.

Thanks a lot, Colonel.  I had about a two hour conference with him at the '98 Winter Boards discussing the future course of CAP.  I was amazed at what an accurate handle he had on the coalition that ultimately came to rule CAP.  In my provincial way I thought you had to be from Southeast Region to know these people, but Angelo proved me wrong and opened my eyes that there were astute players out there.  The people we were discussing later terminated me and trashed Angelo's reputation, but you see what a disaster that they ultimately were for the organization.  I hope California Wing doesn't enforce Anthony Jesus's restriction on retiree attendance at Wing Conferences.  It has been a real thorn in the side to Ken Massey (local Spaatzen and Wing Operations officer now retired due to conflict with Pineda's ambition).  If you see Angelo tell him that I think of him often.
Doug Johnson - Miami

Always Active-Sometimes a Member