Main Menu

Sue Paul CAWG resigns

Started by Major Lord, July 26, 2007, 09:16:00 PM

Major Lord

Sue Paul, an actual employee of CAP CAWG, just sent an e-mail to the CAWG "all" list resigning immediatly due to "changing working conditions" WTF?, over? I am confident that someone out there will have "the rest of the story". (For you non-CAWG people, resignations on the list are usually protest resignations, we Californians tend to be emotional people...)

Capt. Lord
"The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the iniquities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee."

Major Lord

Strike last: Correct to "Sue Lundstrum"

Capt. Lord
"The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the iniquities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee."

SarDragon

No intel here, yet. Will ask around.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

SARPilotNY

Duh...You Wing ex DO's wife quit after your accounting fiasco, any surprise?
Dana and his wife were a classy couple, CAWGs loss.
CAWG Scorecard
Wing Commander
Wing Finance Officer
Wing JAG
Wing Secretary

Go Tony!!!

Look at the result throughout the nation...nothing new.
CAP member 30 + years SAR Pilot, GTM, Base staff

Grumpy

Gee, I knew about everybody else, I didn't know the JAG booked out too.

Grumpy

Speaking of the JAG booking out, has anybody heard what happened to the complaint that was supposedly filed by the CA Group Commanders with regards to TP not following proper procedure when he fired Col Nelson? 

I know it's a touchy subject and I'm not passing judgement, I'm just curious.

SoCalCAPOfficer

If the Wing JAG has resigned its news to me.   I am a Squadron Commander as well as a Legal Officer and I have not heard that he has resigned.
Daniel L. Hough, Maj, CAP
Commander
Hemet Ryan Sq 59  PCR-CA-458

calguy

The group commander issue will be addressed at the August BOG meeting.
The JAG was JJ that quit.

SoCalCAPOfficer

CalGuy, when did JJ quit?   Where did you get this information.  Im a squadron legal officer, if its true I would have thought I would have been told.  I attended UCC just a couple of weeks ago and the officer giving the Legal section did not mention it. 
Commander

Grumpy

To my knowledge, the Wing CC has not completed UCC.  Did he attend as a student or presenter?

calguy

I was told that he quit right after Col. Nelson was fired. 

SoCalCAPOfficer

The new Wing Commander presented the certificates at UCC.
Commander

Chappie

Quote from: calguy on July 27, 2007, 04:48:34 PM
I was told that he quit right after Col. Nelson was fired. 

If JJ had quit, that is news to me....I had not heard that bit of news.  Will check with my sources of info to see if that is indeed correct.
Disclaimer:  Not to be confused with the other user that goes by "Chappy"   :)

Chappie

Quote from: SARPilotNY on July 27, 2007, 03:14:18 AM
Duh...You Wing ex DO's wife quit after your accounting fiasco, any surprise?
Dana and his wife were a classy couple, CAWGs loss.
CAWG Scorecard
Wing Commander
Wing Finance Officer
Wing JAG
Wing Secretary

Go Tony!!!

Look at the result throughout the nation...nothing new.

Dana and Jennifer are indeed a class-act.  Had the privilege of working with them (and consider them to be friends as well).   Indeed a real loss in talent, energy, and commitment to the CAWG.

Chappie

Quote from: CaptLord on July 26, 2007, 09:27:28 PM
Strike last: Correct to "Sue Lundstrum"

Capt. Lord

Again another member who I have had the privilege of working with whose leaving will be a great loss to the CAWG.

flynd94

Folks, yes we have lost some folks in CAWG, expect to lose more.  Our house is in disorder.  If you don't think so, wake up and, smell the coffee.  Col. Nelson was fair leader but, a bad manager.  She didn't have the back bone to keep her directors in line or make the tough decision.

The wing banker problem was forseeable.  I was at the CAWG Command Staff meeting when she said that she wasn't going to follow what CAPHQ wanted.  A couple of group commanders questioned her but, Col Nelson let her do what she wanted.  Because of this we know owe CAPHQ $120,000 in aircraft funds.  Because of her "flawed" accounting CAPHQ is withholding $2000/ month in dues till we repay the debt.

I could go on about how screwed up Communications, Operations, Logistics are but, I won't.  About the only area run effectively is Cadet Programs. 

Col. Muniz has a tough road ahead, as would have the next CAWG/CC.
Keith Stason, Maj, CAP
IC3, AOBD, GBD, PSC, OSC, MP, MO, MS, GTL, GTM3, UDF, MRO
Mission Check Pilot, Check Pilot

Chappie

Quote from: flynd94 on July 27, 2007, 09:27:09 PM

I could go on about how screwed up Communications, Operations, Logistics are but, I won't.  About the only area run effectively is Cadet Programs.  

And I thought the Chaplain Service was pretty effective in the CAWG as well  ;) 

calguy

I will say under Larry Myrick, you knew where you stood and the direction we were going.  There were things I (we) didn't like, but at least he made a stand.  Leadership!!!
Col. Nelson just never understood areas outside of her expertise, cadet programs.  She didn't support some of her directors which lead to where we are today. 
I think the SAREVAL score reflects that as well as the accounting issue, flying club problems and others.
Jesse has an uphill battle, I think things can only get better.

Grumpy

___________________________________________________________________________________
Jesse has an uphill battle, I think things can only get better.
[/quote]
You got that right, considering before now he's never commanded so much as a flight and hasn't completed UCC yet.  From what I hear he was promoted from Major to full colonel (I realize that part is hear say).  But I do know he never had command experience before.

I'd have to agree with you, he's got an uphill battle alright.

shorning

Quote from: Grumpy on July 28, 2007, 05:58:17 AM
From what I hear he was promoted from Major to full colonel (I realize that part is hear say).

That's not uncommon in CAP.