Ellington AFB & AAFES Question

Started by LSThiker, July 11, 2015, 04:50:19 PM

LSThiker

Okay, this topic has actually two independent issues:

I happened to be near Ellington AFB/Ellington Field JRB and stopped by the AAFES for a uniform item.  In the years past, I remember the MCS selling Air Force service uniforms.  When did they completely get rid of their uniform supply?  The only uniform items I saw other than insignia were boots, undershirts, and PT uniforms.  However, I did not see any Service Dress or Field uniforms for any of the services.

Due to not finding those items, I hopped onto AAFES.com and tried to buy the uniform items.  It allows me to buy Army uniforms & insignia, but when I select anything Air Force related, it states I do not have permission.  Did AAFES start to restrict what service members may buy or do I need to call them ask why I get that message.

PHall

Quote from: LSThiker on July 11, 2015, 04:50:19 PM
Okay, this topic has actually two independent issues:

I happened to be near Ellington AFB/Ellington Field JRB and stopped by the AAFES for a uniform item.  In the years past, I remember the MCS selling Air Force service uniforms.  When did they completely get rid of their uniform supply?  The only uniform items I saw other than insignia were boots, undershirts, and PT uniforms.  However, I did not see any Service Dress or Field uniforms for any of the services.

Due to not finding those items, I hopped onto AAFES.com and tried to buy the uniform items.  It allows me to buy Army uniforms & insignia, but when I select anything Air Force related, it states I do not have permission.  Did AAFES start to restrict what service members may buy or do I need to call them ask why I get that message.

Unusual that they don't have any service uniforms in the store. Must be a local management thing.

AAFES has recently tightened access to military uniforms on their website. If DEERS does not show you as Active Duty or active Guard or Reserve, you can't buy uniforms on-line. Even Retirees can't buy uniforms on-line now.

LSThiker

So I hopped on the site again just to give it another try.  It will now allow me to purchase "AF Service Trousers, Men's" but it won't allow me to purchase "DLATS Service Dress Uniform Trousers, Men's".  I tried both non-DLATS and DLATS items.  Apparently, it allows me to purchase the non-DLATS items.  Unfortunately, I need the 1620 shade trousers and not the 1625.

Thanks,