Has anyone ever heard of this bunch?

Started by The CyBorg is destroyed, May 21, 2014, 07:00:37 PM

The CyBorg is destroyed

Quote from: lordmonar on June 06, 2014, 07:00:53 PM
Quote from: CyBorg on June 06, 2014, 06:51:04 PM
^^^My point is that the RAF/RAAF/RCAF/RNZAF do not impose the strictures on "distinctiveness" or H/W/grooming on their Cadet services that the AF does with us, nor do they have this pantechnicon full of "alternate" uniforms that we do.

http://www.aircadets.ca/870/pers_staff.shtml
The RCAirC officers of this unit are nearly indistinguishable from their RCAF counterparts.
No....they hold their officers to the same entry criteria as their real officers....so there you go.

Not quite in the same areas as an actual RCAF officer...but it is more extensive than CAP.

http://www.aircadets.ca/resource/enrol/adult/2016_OPC_Application_Form-2012_Master_Package.pdf

I have to say that I think the purpose-designed uniforms their cadets have are more suited than how we just try to make a cadet fit into a USAF uniform.

Also...I would wager that the adult officer leading them (the Captain, the lady with the two gold sleeve rings) would probably be forced into the G/W in CAP.

I know, I know, I know...the USAF isn't the RCAF, we're not them, they're not us, etc.
Exiled from GLR-MI-011

lordmonar

She looks fine to my uncalibrated mark -1 eyeball.
PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

PHall

Quote from: lordmonar on June 07, 2014, 12:55:53 AM

+1

She looks like she's within the height/weight standards.

But the only way to know is to throw her on the scale.

Brit_in_CAP

Quote from: PHall on June 07, 2014, 04:08:24 AM
Quote from: lordmonar on June 07, 2014, 12:55:53 AM

+1

She looks like she's within the height/weight standards.

But the only way to know is to throw her on the scale.

+1 from me....I see nothing adrift, personally.

I chatted quite recently with the commander of my former squadron in the ATC...based on that, I think that there *are* H/W criteria for RAFVRT officers, albeit not exactly the same as the regular service.  Happy to be proven wrong.