Main Menu

Ready for eServices 2.0?

Started by Panache, May 18, 2014, 11:16:16 PM

a2capt

..and I actually don't see any issues with it being that way. Not everyone needs the ability to spam everyone. ;-)

MajorM

Completely disagree.  It really reduces the functionality, particularly for cadet staff.  They can't run reports, can't access email addys in anything... That was the easiest way to communicate with your entire cadet body via email.   I can say that in four years I've never seen anyone use the email address list inappropriately.

JeffDG

Quote from: Tim Medeiros on July 11, 2014, 06:55:28 PM
Quote from: MajorM on July 11, 2014, 02:02:14 PM
However the gathering emails functionality is restricted to one member (plus the CC I'm assuming) per unit.
It is limited to the following duty assignments:

Commander
Deputy Commander
Director of Operations
Vice Commander

and those that have been given temporary CC permissions by the commander via Commanders Corner.
And the list above is the list of those eligible for that + Chief of Staff.

Why not Personnel or Admin?

Storm Chaser

The commander should be able to grant those permissions to anyone who needs them.

JeffDG

Quote from: Storm Chaser on July 12, 2014, 04:50:59 PM
The commander should be able to grant those permissions to anyone who needs them.

Or appoint a Web Security Administrator who can.

Tim Medeiros

Quote from: JeffDG on July 12, 2014, 02:33:53 PM
Quote from: Tim Medeiros on July 11, 2014, 06:55:28 PM
Quote from: MajorM on July 11, 2014, 02:02:14 PM
However the gathering emails functionality is restricted to one member (plus the CC I'm assuming) per unit.
It is limited to the following duty assignments:

Commander
Deputy Commander
Director of Operations
Vice Commander

and those that have been given temporary CC permissions by the commander via Commanders Corner.
And the list above is the list of those eligible for that + Chief of Staff.

Why not Personnel or Admin?
The listing I gave came straight from the Duty Position Access by Application report.  Chief of Staff does not get that module of Commanders Corner.  As for why not Personnel or Admin?  I suspect the the idea has never come across anyones minds until now because of the ability to gather emails straight from the primary screen of eServices.  Best way to resolve this is via Help Desk ticket recommending the change.

Quote from: JeffDG on July 12, 2014, 07:40:22 PM

Or appoint a Web Security Administrator who can.

Any commanders corner applications cannot be assigned by a WSA, this includes commanders.  Again, the best way to change that is by a request to the help desk.
TIMOTHY R. MEDEIROS, Lt Col, CAP
Chair, National IT Functional User Group
1577/2811

JeffDG

Quote from: Tim Medeiros on July 12, 2014, 07:50:16 PM
Any commanders corner applications cannot be assigned by a WSA, this includes commanders.  Again, the best way to change that is by a request to the help desk.

Oops...

That's why I was once the Deputy Commander of TN-000, so I could do a demo of Commander's Corner for a Wing Command Call once...man, my safety compliance reports looked REALLY bad!

JeffDG

The listing I gave came straight from the Duty Position Access by Application report.  Chief of Staff does not get that module of Commanders Corner. 

I only mentioned CS because you mentioned the "Assign Temporary Commander" option, and the list you gave (CV/CD, DO) is the same list that you can assign Temporary Command rights to, except you can also assign the CS to that.

Tim Medeiros

Quote from: JeffDG on July 12, 2014, 07:55:58 PM
The listing I gave came straight from the Duty Position Access by Application report.  Chief of Staff does not get that module of Commanders Corner. 

I only mentioned CS because you mentioned the "Assign Temporary Commander" option, and the list you gave (CV/CD, DO) is the same list that you can assign Temporary Command rights to, except you can also assign the CS to that.
Ahh ok, misread your post then.  That's actually a recent change too, stemmed from someone saying "hey, why can't I do this?" the IT committee got wind and said sure why not.
1577/2811

Tim Medeiros

The links for the email lists have made their way to the new eServices, it seems the statistics widget has been revamped slightly.

1) Unit/Wing stats updated to present levels, not the end of the previous month
2) Links to the email lists are back
3) When you expand the widget, the graph now includes current membership levels in addition to the timeframe selected.  (this includes current national levels)
1577/2811

rbrehm

Quote from: Tim Medeiros on August 12, 2014, 12:09:29 AM
The links for the email lists have made their way to the new eServices,

Where are these links located? It's only a minor inconvenience to switch back to the old eServices when I need to send out unit emails, but with a SAREX approaching and the number of emails I'm sending out increasing, it's beginning to get a little old.
Robert Brehm II
SER-FL-044/DOS

rbrehm

Disregard my last. Found out it's now in the Statistics Widget that I had removed.
Robert Brehm II
SER-FL-044/DOS