Main Menu

Ready for eServices 2.0?

Started by Panache, May 18, 2014, 11:16:16 PM

MajorM

Seriously, where did you find email retrieval?  I'm still looking!

And I agree.. the stat window not being up to date, how is that?  For a split second I thought we lost 8 cadets in a day's time.

Tim Medeiros

Quote from: FloridaCaptain on June 26, 2014, 02:36:20 AM
My suggestion is to take away the HUGE statistics window.  It is not current up until this date anyway.  Also, email retrieval needs to be easier to find.  For new members this is going to be a lot of hunting pecking.  So far not digging this.
Quote from: MajorM on June 26, 2014, 02:50:53 AM
Seriously, where did you find email retrieval?  I'm still looking!

And I agree.. the stat window not being up to date, how is that?  For a split second I thought we lost 8 cadets in a day's time.

You are able to remove the Statistics widget by clicking the gear icon next to your name, then selecting Manage My Widgets.  From there simply remove what you don't want to see and/or re-order how you see fit.  This was actually covered in the initial introduction video which should have shown when you first went to the eServices beta link.

As for gathering emails, that widget, last I heard, is in progress and not available yet.
TIMOTHY R. MEDEIROS, Lt Col, CAP
Chair, National IT Functional User Group
1577/2811

MajorM

I actually like the stat widget... it's size is a bit silly, but I like it.  I just don't understand why it isn't current.  Then again our unit is on a tremendous upswing.  I might not like it so much if the trend line was the other direction :)

The email widget would've been a good thing for roll out... since it's a primary tool.  Still not sure how I feel about the beta, but I think the customizable widget thing has potential.  Points to them for trying a new approach.

Tim Medeiros

Quote from: MajorM on June 26, 2014, 03:00:27 AM
I actually like the stat widget... it's size is a bit silly, but I like it.  I just don't understand why it isn't current.  Then again our unit is on a tremendous upswing.  I might not like it so much if the trend line was the other direction :)

The email widget would've been a good thing for roll out... since it's a primary tool.  Still not sure how I feel about the beta, but I think the customizable widget thing has potential.  Points to them for trying a new approach.
The stats info is pulling from a different table (I presume, based on what we get in CAPWATCH_DownLoad) than the live numbers.  The stats widget pulls from ORGStatistics, which updates at the end of every month.

My unit is actually in a down-swing (but recovering right now thankfully), I like seeing the graph, then again I like visual cues like that.  It's also good to see trends over the last few years.
1577/2811

Eclipse

I got invited to the "beta".

FWIW, I couldn't find anything to really whine about on my first pass through, so that's saying something right there.

"That Others May Zoom"

FloridaCaptain

MajorM, I didn't find the email addresses.   Change is good, but as is the case with the impossible to manage new CPPT reg, why does it always have to be painful, and leave us thinking we were better off before?

a2capt

Hmmm.. time to file some tickets. ;-)

Grumpy

I miss the email addresses too.  It was nice to ck the boxes and paste them in the blind copy line.  Other than that I find it much easier to find information.  Anybody like Tony (a2capt) who knows my lack of ability on the web can appreciate what I'm saying.   ;D

Capt_Redfox30

Someone had mentioned the stats window, I like it it can be utilized to shows trends in a units membership more easily.  I was going through it and found that all units in the program were listed for all wings as well as NHQ and I have always wondered what are the units assigned through NHQ?  The stats has the following listed

NHQ-NHQ-XXX
000- National HQ Unit
001-?
004-Aero Ed
005- ?
007-?
008-?
100- Okinawa
103- Yokota
113- Misawa
119- Ramstein
126- Spangdahlem
801 - ?
888 - ? Only has 1 Member
901 - ?
902 - ?
903 - ?
955 - ?
966 - ?
995 - ?
996 - ?
997 - Only has 1 Member
998 - ?
999 - National Commanders Sqd

I am just curious if anyone is able to fill in the blanks

Kirk Thirtyacre, Lt Col, CAP
(Acting) Group Commander
Group 3 HQ

Eclipse

"That Others May Zoom"

Spaceman3750

husker

Though we have no MI6 members, we do take our brown Atterbury water shaken and not stirred...
Michael Long, Lt Col CAP
Deputy Director, National Emergency Services Academy
nesa.cap.gov
mlong (at) nesa.cap.gov

sardak

NHQ-NHQ-XXX
001-National Commander Squadron
005 - O S Hold Unit
008 - National Radar Analysis Team
801 - Osan AB Cadet Squadron
888 - AOPA members
901 - National Group
902 - Overseas Group
903 - Green Flag Group
955 - Green Flag West Squadron
966 - Green Flag East Squadron
995 - National Commander Reserve Unit
996 - National Patron Unit
997 - Spaatz Patron Unit
998 - National Advisory Council Unit
999 - National Commanders Sqd  Congressional Squadron

Mike

Phil Hirons, Jr.

I would be curious to know how the regulation links are maintained in the new version. They are just links to the publications page and I could see them not updating when a regulation is revised.

MajorPain

QuoteAs for gathering emails, that widget, last I heard, is in progress and not available yet.

Tim,

Thank you. I use the email list in eServices ALL THE TIME. I searched and searched with the eServices Beta and could not find it. Eventually, I gave up and went back to the old eServices.

SARDOC

Quote from: MajorPain on July 10, 2014, 10:31:48 PM
QuoteAs for gathering emails, that widget, last I heard, is in progress and not available yet.

Tim,

Thank you. I use the email list in eServices ALL THE TIME. I searched and searched with the eServices Beta and could not find it. Eventually, I gave up and went back to the old eServices.

I found that I have access to gather the emails through the Commander's Corner if you have access to that.  Click into it and there is a "gather emails" option in the left menu

MajorPain

Thank you SARDOC for the work around.

Tim Medeiros

Quote from: MajorPain on July 10, 2014, 10:31:48 PM

Tim,

You're welcome.  I'll see what I can do to get an update on that particular (and other planned) widget.
1577/2811

MajorM

However the gathering emails functionality is restricted to one member (plus the CC I'm assuming) per unit.

Tim Medeiros

Quote from: MajorM on July 11, 2014, 02:02:14 PM
However the gathering emails functionality is restricted to one member (plus the CC I'm assuming) per unit.
It is limited to the following duty assignments:

Commander
Deputy Commander
Director of Operations
Vice Commander

and those that have been given temporary CC permissions by the commander via Commanders Corner.
1577/2811