How to Behave on the Internet - A Guide by NHQ

Started by capn_shad, July 15, 2010, 10:13:56 PM

Eclipse

Quote from: JThemann on July 21, 2010, 03:55:11 AM
Yeah, because white, Anglo-Saxon Protestants have been so oppressed over the decades.....

Now we see the violence inherent in the system!

"That Others May Zoom"

Major Lord

Quote from: Eclipse on July 21, 2010, 03:58:46 AM
Yeah, because white, Anglo-Saxon Protestants have been so oppressed over the decades.....

I thought we were an autonomous collective?

Major Lord
"The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the iniquities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee."

JC004

Quote from: Major Lord on July 21, 2010, 04:29:17 AM
Quote from: Eclipse on July 21, 2010, 03:58:46 AM

I thought we were an autonomous collective?

Major Lord

I can see this scene playing out quite well in a CAP unit...  >:D   "I AM YOUR (WING) KING!" 

bosshawk

Do you mean to say that PAWG doesn't have a Wing King?
Paul M. Reed
Col, USA(ret)
Former CAP Lt Col
Wilson #2777

JC004

Ya never know.  Got fired, had a temp, then had a permanent, then was reinstated by the MARB...

But Arthur WAS their king, right?  That was his point.

Tubacap

William Schlosser, Major CAP
NER-PA-001

Krapenhoeffer

Just a reminder that legally, Free Speech works both ways. People can say whatever their little hearts desire about WASPs (yes, there are exceptions. I don't want to nitpick). Just as a "WASP" has freedom to say whatever their little heart desires to as well. People not agreeing with you does not constitute a violation of your free speech.

As for the voter intimidation thing, that is currently being looked at. The justice system takes it's sweet time getting things done.

Remember, the vast majority of religious discrimination is not between Christians and non-Christians. It's between people who are apparently the "wrong kind of Christian."

When you put on your uniform, and when you act in an official capacity, you tolerate others beliefs, because people have a right to their own opinion. A right paid for in blood, and protected by Law.
Proud founding member of the Fellowship of the Vuvuzela.
"And now we just take our Classical Mechanics equations, take the derivative, run it through the uncertainty principal, and take the anti-derivative of the resulting mess. Behold! Quantum Wave Equations! Clear as mud cadets?"
"No... You just broke math law, and who said anything about the anti-derivative? You can obtain the Schrödinger wave equations algebraically!" The funniest part was watching the cadets staring at the epic resulting math fight.

AirAux

:"From JThemann
Yeah, because white, Anglo-Saxon Protestants have been so oppressed over the decades....." 

Just for your information, it has been adjudicated that I have been discriminated against by a minority in a Federal Agency, so you may want to back off there...

DakRadz

Quote from: AirAux on July 22, 2010, 04:50:52 PM
Yeah, because white, Anglo-Saxon Protestants have been so oppressed over the decades....." 

Just for your information, it has been adjudicated that I have been discriminated against by a minority in a Federal Agency, so you may want to back off there...

I fall into the bolded category- I laughed at the remark. It was a sarcastic generalization of the norm- not saying it doesn't happen, but which is more common throughout the entire history? Calm down, and back to our regularly scheduled topic.

davidsinn

Quote from: AirAux on July 22, 2010, 04:50:52 PM

Farmer?
Former CAP Captain
David Sinn

AirAux

I am not interested in past history, I am interested in what is happening right now and especially to me..  I have been affected by affirmative action my whole employment history.  This is always by people that were not affected by what happened 100-150 years ago.  This is due to the ongoing perception that by giving them something we will make up for some past sin.  Well, it isn't going to happen.  By giving someone a job or education that they don't deserve you are not righting a wrong, you are only convincing them that they are entitled to something..  This doesn't make them equal, it makes them demanding and increases the racism..

DakRadz

Tick tock, hear the clock, Mike'll come and key the lock  >:D