Public Beta/Image Processing Software

Started by tinker, July 09, 2009, 06:15:48 PM

dbaran

There was an email sent to wing and region commanders last year (4 Sept 2008) from John Salvador which stated the AFNORTH Picture Labeling Requirements for all Air Force Missions.  This email states what must be included with the picture, and mentions Tolga Tarhan's software as a way to do it, but does not require or even suggest a requirement that the software be the only way to accomplish this.    Here's the info that needs to come with the picture:

AFNORTH's standardized imagery identification labeling requirement for CAP is:
1.  Date:  Military format
        - Example:  03SEP08
2.  TOT:  Time Over Target (zulu)
        - Example:  1030Z
3.  Location:  City and State/GPS Coordinates/ North arrow annotated
        - Example:  Biloxi, MS/ Latitude: N000000.00  W0000000.00 (NOT degrees, minutes, seconds)
4.  Object:  Name of object imaged (from collection deck when available)
        - Example:  Chalmette Refinery

In this email, it had Tolga's cell phone number for people to call if they had problems.

KyCAP

And to make things more interesting apparently RoboGEO is now also supporting the CAP labeling requirements with a /CAP switch in their executable.  GLR has purchased licenses for all it's wings and we are now implementing this vs the imageprocessor software.   But I am just the COMM Guy..

:)
Maj. Russ Hensley, CAP
IC-2 plus all the rest. :)
Kentucky Wing

RiverAux

From what I recall the Salvador letter mandated what should be on the photos but did not require that a specific method be used to do it and said that the referenced program was one way of doing it. 

Quite frankly we are usually getting photos for other agencies and they often have their own way of doing things so even if this was an AFNORTH requirement, it may not be what is done for missions on the behalf of local or state agencies. 

I used the program and it was okay, but when I tried to get some support from the designer he failed to respond to a follow-up email, so I haven't messed with it since. 

tinker

QuoteQuite frankly we are usually getting photos for other agencies and they often have their own way of doing things so even if this was an AFNORTH requirement, it may not be what is done for missions on the behalf of local or state agencies.
Yes.  If you click "Expert" mode on the caption editing or captioning screens you will have an option to change the caption according to customer requirements, including alternative lat/long formats, deletion of the graphics, etc.  In the event someone runs across a requirement that cannot be handled by the current options it is easy to add more.  Re AFNORTH requirements, those are simply a default setting for the captioning so it is a matter of a few minutes tweeking the code to set a new default.

There are some additional comments on captioning at http://alpha.17500mph.com/index.php under the "user input sought" topic.

QuoteI used the program and it was okay, but when I tried to get some support from the designer he failed to respond to a follow-up email, so I haven't messed with it since.
Hmmm ... sorry 'bout that.  AFIK I've responded to everything I've received.  Please try again.  You should be able to email me direct via this board.

RiverAux

Quote from: tinker on July 18, 2009, 09:20:31 PM
QuoteI used the program and it was okay, but when I tried to get some support from the designer he failed to respond to a follow-up email, so I haven't messed with it since.
Hmmm ... sorry 'bout that.  AFIK I've responded to everything I've received.  Please try again.  You should be able to email me direct via this board.
I was referring to the "CAP Imaging Processing System".  Haven't used your software. 

tinker

QuoteI was referring to the "CAP Imaging Processing System".
Oh, ok.  Please give Phyllis a try!