National mandates who teaches ICS/NIMS classes

Started by Timbo, January 04, 2009, 05:02:39 PM

Major Carrales

Quote from: KyCAP on January 10, 2009, 06:33:33 PM
Howevever, it is my personal belief that CAP trainers should strive to keep a balance of NON-CAP members in their courses to encourage interoperability among our peers in the community and for other reasons stated here.

An that is the point what people are maintaining.  There is no reason why CAP units cannot sponsor and put on the course making them open to others.  I would go as far as to say that there would be no shortage of non-CAP people who would need the course.

I think it is a mistake not to do so.  Some of you need to think more "globally" about the nature of CAP.  CAP is not "some ragtag group incapable of the smallest tasks" just because we are not "the REAL Airfore."  We make our place in the world and our name for ourselves...until we come to fully understand that then the self-fullfilling idea that CAP in in always "inferior" is made real.
"We have been given the power to change CAP, let's keep the momentum going!"

Major Joe Ely "Sparky" Carrales, CAP
Commander
Coastal Bend Cadet Squadron
SWR-TX-454

desertengineer1

Quote from: Major Carrales on January 10, 2009, 08:05:15 PM
An that is the point what people are maintaining.  There is no reason why CAP units cannot sponsor and put on the course making them open to others.  I would go as far as to say that there would be no shortage of non-CAP people who would need the course.

I think it is a mistake not to do so.  Some of you need to think more "globally" about the nature of CAP.  CAP is not "some ragtag group incapable of the smallest tasks" just because we are not "the REAL Airfore."  We make our place in the world and our name for ourselves...until we come to fully understand that then the self-fullfilling idea that CAP in in always "inferior" is made real.

Keep in mind this doesn't preclude (even encourages) networking and interchange between agencies.  Don't be afraid to contact local disaster agencies, or even agencies that have disaster responsibilities.

At our Guard base, two military members will become TTT qualified for ICS300 and 400 soon.  They were very happy to hear our interest in attending the classes, and we were warmly welcomed.  They get experience and exposure with teaching it to other agencies.  We get the training.  Everybody gets good networking opportunity.  A great win-win for interoperability.

Let's make this an enhancement opporunity.