3 (11.1%)
Mission AirCrew
11 (40.7%)

Total Members Voted: 27

_

Horn229

Quote from: nesagsar on March 26, 2008, 06:18:58 AM
I dont see what the controversy is,

The "controversy" is your ego. From 2000-2007 I attended 12 sessions of GSAR, of which I was staff for 10, ranging from Team Leader for Basic, to CTA for the Team Leader School. I know what GSAR is all about, and I know what CAP GT's are all about. There isn't any room at GSAR or on a ground team for an ego such as yours.

As it has already been stated, re-join if you truly want to help teach. But you won't be doing that until you become certified again -- with this break from CAP you've taken, all of your qualifications no longer exist, you have to start from scratch all over again.

Quote from: nesagsar on March 26, 2008, 06:18:58 AM
all I said is that I would like to help out. For a volunteer orginization CAP is doing a very good job of turning down volunteers.

No we aren't. Units in CAP ask outside professionals to teach courses all the time, around here that's usually for mission management.

People who really want to contribute their knowledge to CAP, join. It's not that hard, fill out the application, get the police to take your fingerprints, and send a check. That's all there is to it, nothing insane is being asked of you here.

On facebook you say:

QuoteSome day I will rejoin CAP and take the staff position that was so rudely denied me in 2005.

Here you said:

Quote from: nesagsar on March 12, 2008, 04:04:23 PM
My squadron commander had a habit of shredding documents and not updating computers. He also liked to make up rules so he would look impressive. I was Cadet First Sergeant and I took it seriously. I called out some of the indescrepancies through COC but it didnt turn out well.

He is Group Commander now. I am out now.

I was accepted as staff at NESA the year I got out, 2005. Unfortunatly the confontation peaked about 2 months before NESA started and I had to leave before I could go out and teach.

Which is it? Were you "rudely" denied a staff position, or did your Commander ask you to not come back?
NICHOLAS A. HORN, Senior Member, CAP

nesagsar

It's starting to sound like you really dont like me for some reason. Please accept that I cannot join CAP for at least another year due to school. Even then I might not be able to if my career plans work out. If that means I cannot teach at NESA then that is how it will be. I accepted that a long time ago. I resent your accusations against "my ego", you dont know me. Even if you remember what I was like in 2004 it is possible that you could have been wrong about me, and it has been a long time since then. If you have seen me on facebook take a look at my profile, learn something about me. Browse through my groups and my photos. If you doubt my qualifications as a searcher you will be disapointed.

I am done here, let the topic return to next years cadets.

Quote from: nesagsar on March 26, 2008, 05:17:09 PM

I am done here, let the topic return to next years cadets.

This is where I will take you on. It's not only cadets who go.  The apporpriate term should be "Next Years Students".

Seniors go as students as well. 

1st Lt Ricky Walsh, CAP
Boston Cadet Squadron
NER-MA002 SE, AEO & ESO

Short Field

Quote from: SJFedor on March 23, 2008, 08:29:51 PM
[Start reading the MART now.

Just to be clear - Will they provide hardcopy documents of MART, etc, when I get to NESA or do I need to print them out and take them with me? 
SAR/DR MP, ARCHOP, AOBD, GTM1, GBD, LSC, FASC, LO, PIO, MSO(T), & IC2
Wilson #2640

SJFedor

Quote from: Short Field on March 26, 2008, 09:13:54 PM

Just to be clear - Will they provide hardcopy documents of MART, etc, when I get to NESA or do I need to print them out and take them with me? 

You'll get a nice binder w/ the most current MART, Inflight Guide, Aircrew and Flightline Task Guide, and a few other little goodies.

At least, that's what they gave us last year....

Steven Fedor, NREMT-P
Master Ambulance Driver
Former Capt, MP, MCPE, MO, MS, GTL, and various other 3-and-4 letter combinations
NESA MAS Instructor, 2008-2010 (#479)

mikeylikey

Quote from: SJFedor on March 26, 2008, 09:31:21 PM

You'll get a nice binder w/ the most current MART, Inflight Guide, Aircrew and Flightline Task Guide, and a few other little goodies.

Nothing else?  I need T-shirts and pens and pencils.  Lets not forget this year you get Fedor's IM and cell number so you can harrass him at all hours......
What's up monkeys?

SJFedor

Quote from: mikeylikey on March 26, 2008, 10:12:20 PM
Quote from: SJFedor on March 26, 2008, 09:31:21 PM

Nothing else?  I need T-shirts and pens and pencils.  Lets not forget this year you get Fedor's IM and cell number so you can harrass him at all hours......

Well yeah, you also get 2 black NESA t-shirts, a hat, and whatever other little goodies they are giving away.

My cell and IM are not included.  ;D

Steven Fedor, NREMT-P
Master Ambulance Driver
Former Capt, MP, MCPE, MO, MS, GTL, and various other 3-and-4 letter combinations

SAR-EMT1

BUT I NEED YOUR CELL NUMBER! :D
C. A. Edgar
AUX USCG Flotilla 8-8
Former CC / GLR-IL-328
Firefighter, Paramedic, Grad Student

Fifinella

From a Cadet Moral Leadership lesson..."If I want it, I need it."  ;)
Judy LaValley, Maj, CAP
Asst. DCP, LAWG
SWR-LA-001
GRW #2753

mikeylikey

^ and WE NEED IT.   FEDOR  you are starting to develop a following here!  Even the ladies...... ;)
What's up monkeys?

SJFedor

Quote from: mikeylikey on March 28, 2008, 03:13:37 AM
^ and WE NEED IT.   FEDOR  you are starting to develop a following here!  Even the ladies...... ;)

What can I say, I'm just that freakin' awesome.  ;D

And for the record, I ALMOST posted or PM'ed each one of you one of the local numbers for the rejection hotline  >:D >:D

Steven Fedor, NREMT-P
Master Ambulance Driver

SAR-EMT1

Pardon the question but what exactly is a rejection line?
C. A. Edgar
AUX USCG Flotilla 8-8
Former CC / GLR-IL-328
Firefighter, Paramedic, Grad Student

DeputyDog

I was just looking at the equipment list and it says for team leader a calculator is required.  From those who have taken the class before what type of calculator is best?  I've got a graphing calculator and a regular scientific calculator.  Would one be better than the other? 

1st Lt Ricky Walsh, CAP
Boston Cadet Squadron
NER-MA002 SE, AEO & ESO

lordmonar

Quote from: NERMA002 Safety on April 07, 2008, 07:06:41 PM
I was just looking at the equipment list and it says for team leader a calculator is required.  From those who have taken the class before what type of calculator is best?  I've got a graphing calculator and a regular scientific calculator.  Would one be better than the other? 

One was not required last year...but just a plain old add/subtract/divide one should do....I can't think of anything we do as a GTL that requires too much math...except coordinate encoding.
PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

Quote from: lordmonar on April 07, 2008, 07:41:15 PM
Quote from: NERMA002 Safety on April 07, 2008, 07:06:41 PM

One was not required last year...but just a plain old add/subtract/divide one should do....I can't think of anything we do as a GTL that requires too much math...except coordinate encoding.

That's what I thought.  None of the GTL's I've worked with needed a calculator. 

1st Lt Ricky Walsh, CAP
Boston Cadet Squadron
NER-MA002 SE, AEO & ESO

flyguy06

I'm really looking forward to the MAS course this summer. This will be my first National level ES anything. I hope I can still make it by then, but that will depend on my job situation. How often do you get to fly during the MAS MP course?

Quote from: flyguy06 on April 07, 2008, 08:33:10 PM
I'm really looking forward to the MAS course this summer. This will be my first National level ES anything. I hope I can still make it by then, but that will depend on my job situation. How often do you get to fly during the MAS MP course?

Which session are you doing for MAS? I'm going to be there for the first session.  Then I'm pounding ground the second week.  It's also my first National ES activity. 

1st Lt Ricky Walsh, CAP
Boston Cadet Squadron
NER-MA002 SE, AEO & ESO

CASH172

I'm signed up for MAS.  Probably will be the only cadet there.