Approvals/Validations causes errors on eServices

Started by Capt Thompson, July 27, 2015, 05:05:02 PM

Capt Thompson

Quick question, maybe someone else has run into this before. I logged into eServices today, and noticed that I had 7 approvals from WMIRS. Strange, considering that I'm not an SET and can't approve anything for training missions. When I click the link, it takes me to the main eServices login screen, and when I login, it loops back to the login screen over and over again, or takes me into eServices but the whole dashboard looks messed up and has login links everywhere?

Has anyone ever run into this? We did run a training mission last week, but the SET/GTL approved all tasks for everyone that participated, so I'm not sure why I have anything in my screen.

Capt Matt Thompson
Deputy Commander for Cadets, Historian, Public Affairs Officer

Mitchell - 31 OCT 98 (#44670) Earhart - 1 OCT 00 (#11401)

Anthony@CAP

So I can't tell you what it want's you to approve, but I can tell you it doesn't have anything to do with SET Task Sign Offs (that is verified in the OpsQual module, not WMIRS). My best guess is that it has something to do with a position you held while on the mission, especially if you were in a leadership role such as GTL, GBD, or higher (perhaps a debrief). But your guess is as good as mine (I similarly have several pending).

The reason you are getting booted out is because the link is trying to reroute you to the WMIRS CC Dashboard, which is a wing officer access page. The only people with access (without manual WSA delegation) are:
    WSA Permission - NHQ
    WSA Permission - Commanders Permissions
    Duty Position - Commander (Wing and Region)
    Duty Position - Chief of Staff (Wing and Region)
    Duty Position - Vice Commander (Wing and Region)
    Duty Position - Director of Operations
    Duty Position - DCS, Operations

Some insight from someone in one of those position would be helpful to figuring out what would cause this.

Al Sayre

What is your Squadron/Group/Wing duty position(s)?  This appears to be for a pending mission in WIMRS (not Ops Quals) and may just be a coding error or it may be looking for some kind of administrative approval that you have permissions for.
Lt Col Al Sayre
MS Wing Staff Dude
Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska
GRW #2787

JeffDG

Quote from: Al Sayre on July 27, 2015, 06:56:52 PM
What is your Squadron/Group/Wing duty position(s)?  This appears to be for a pending mission in WIMRS (not Ops Quals) and may just be a coding error or it may be looking for some kind of administrative approval that you have permissions for.

Yeah, that one just popped up for me, but it really shouldn't be there for squadron or group guys.  The only folks who should have WMIRS permissions to approve missions are Wing CC/CV/CS/DO type folks.

Capt Thompson

I'm assuming it's an error, I'll send an email up to Wing to have them look into it. I have no Wing duties, and at the Squadron I'm the Historian. I helped with the training and helped organize the mission, but in WMIRS I was keyed as a GTM.
Capt Matt Thompson
Deputy Commander for Cadets, Historian, Public Affairs Officer

Mitchell - 31 OCT 98 (#44670) Earhart - 1 OCT 00 (#11401)

jdh

Im the Ops officer for my squadron and have pending training missions, pending corporate missions and pending 108e's popping up on mine that lead to the login loop.

JeffDG

OK, I think what's happening is they're inappropriately appearing on your screen as "Pending" in eServices, but when you click, WMIRS says "You don't have rights to do that, or even see that, so I'm asking you to log in as someone who does"

Looks like a glitch on the eServices side as to who gets the notification.