Velcro shoulder pocket blouse

Started by 800bestofcap, February 21, 2013, 04:36:48 AM

800bestofcap

I know I'm gunna catch grief about regs but I want to know some information about BDU blouses with Velcro pockets and shoulder pockets. I'm getting these strictly for ground team but can't get any info on where to get them. Here are some specs for them: BDU colors, Velcro pockets two breast pockets two shoulder pockets, Velcro for name tapes Civil Air Patrol tape flag and wing patch, gotten field jacket style rank tab on front. I know you can modify them to be like this but I'm trying to find professionally made ones.
C/MSgt

Eclipse

Shoulder pockets? Like on the Sleeves?

Not authorized, nor would a shirt with a rank tab on the front.

"That Others May Zoom"

800bestofcap

Quote from: Eclipse on February 21, 2013, 04:40:34 AM
Shoulder pockets? Like on the Sleeves?

Not authorized.
I know. As I said I'm getting them strictly for ground team purposes. These are only really useful for ground team anyways.
C/MSgt

a2capt

..and strictly still not authorized. Even just for ground team purposes.

What do you need the stuff to come off for?

800bestofcap

Quote from: a2capt on February 21, 2013, 04:46:35 AM

It's an excellent place to keep maps, compasses, and other documents. And also during ground team missions the uniform book is thrown out the window I see Staff wearing these same blouses I'm talking about and desert combat boots, and at hawk mountain ranger school they let you wear full hiking boots as a basic.
C/MSgt

Duke Dillio

While they may be useful, they are still not authorized.  One thing you need to pay attention to is the fact that as a ground team member, you are the most likely person to be seen by the public.  Wearing a uniform that is not authorized shows poorly on us as a team.  We are not Seal Team Ranger Ninja Secret squirrel Space Shuttle door gunners and as such we don't need pockets on our sleeves or anything that makes us look like the above.  We don't need velcro patches because we aren't going into a combat zone.  In all honesty, the woodland BDU should not be worn by ground teams because we are not trying to hide from our targets.  The reg is written for a reason and if you don't understand the reason, PM me and I will explain it to you in more detail.

Duke Dillio

Quote from: 800bestofcap on February 21, 2013, 04:49:49 AM
Quote from: a2capt on February 21, 2013, 04:46:35 AM

It's an excellent place to keep maps, compasses, and other documents.
That's what you have load carrying equipment for is to carry your maps, compasses, and other documents.
And also during ground team missions the uniform book is thrown out the window
Please tell me where on ground team missions, the uniform book is thrown out the window.  I have sent people home from a mission because they weren't in the proper uniform.  Sounds like a leadership issue to me.
I see Staff wearing these same blouses I'm talking about and desert combat boots, and at hawk mountain ranger school they let you wear full hiking boots as a basic.
The reason they allow you to wear full hiking boots at HMRS is because they don't want you to ruin your shiny uniform boots and also because they feel that hiking boots are more comfortable and provide better support then regular military boots.

I've been working on ground teams for over 20 years.  I have seen everything that you could possibly image for uniforms (or clothing rather), field gear, boots, etc.  Even had a cadet show up to a ground team mission with a huge boom box strapped to the top of his ruck.  As a cadet NCO, it is your responsibility to point out to those who are violating the regs that it is strictly verboten.  I am sure that you will take more flak from them then you will from the members of this board.

Eclipse

Quote from: 800bestofcap on February 21, 2013, 04:49:49 AMIt's an excellent place to keep maps, compasses, and other documents. And also during ground team missions the uniform book is thrown out the window I see Staff wearing these same blouses I'm talking about and desert combat boots, and at hawk mountain ranger school they let you wear full hiking boots as a basic.

No, it's not.

If you showed up wearing anything like what you're describing in my AOR, you'd be sent home.

"That Others May Zoom"

vento

Plus others doing it doesn't make it right. You are simply becoming part of the problem instead of the solution.
Come to CAWG if you'd like to wear funny looking GT uniforms.  >:D

Duke Dillio

Quote from: vento on February 21, 2013, 05:03:58 AM
Plus others doing it doesn't make it right. You are simply becoming part of the problem instead of the solution.

Funny looking but functional, professional, and properly authorized and approved...   >:D

Not to mention that we look like every other search and rescue team member from every other organization down there, or at least that's the way it was when I was there a couple years ago...

800bestofcap

My wing also allows you to wear uniforms that would be out of regs to a ground team activity as long as you wear something proper (I.e wearing desert boots to protect your feet, or blouses with sleeve pockets) but nothing crazy like CAWG.
C/MSgt

800bestofcap

Why has this become an issue of uniform regulations and not what the topic was started for?
C/MSgt

a2capt

Quote from: 800bestofcap on February 21, 2013, 05:26:48 AMWhy has this become an issue of uniform regulations and not what the topic was started for?
Maybe because the initial question is not supported by any regulation?

vento

Quote from: 800bestofcap on February 21, 2013, 05:24:11 AM
My wing also allows you to wear uniforms that would be out of regs to a ground team activity as long as you wear something proper (I.e wearing desert boots to protect your feet, or blouses with sleeve pockets) but nothing crazy like CAWG.

The point is that the CAWG GT uniform, however funny it may be to some, is an authorized uniform. What you are trying to get is NOT authorized.

800bestofcap

Quote from: vento on February 21, 2013, 05:33:22 AM
Quote from: 800bestofcap on February 21, 2013, 05:24:11 AM
I know, just poking fun. I actually think the orange blouses are good ideas.

The point is that the CAWG GT uniform, however funny it may be to some, is an authorized uniform. What you are trying to get is NOT authorized.
C/MSgt

800bestofcap

Wow that was weird! I was sying just poking fun and that I think the orange blouses are a good idea
C/MSgt

800bestofcap

Quote from: a2capt on February 21, 2013, 05:32:28 AM
Quote from: 800bestofcap on February 21, 2013, 05:26:48 AMWhy has this become an issue of uniform regulations and not what the topic was started for?
Maybe because the initial question is not supported by any regulation?
I wasn't ever meaning to get 20 rants on the 39-1, I just wanted info.
C/MSgt

Eclipse

Quote from: 800bestofcap on February 21, 2013, 05:26:48 AM
Why has this become an issue of uniform regulations and not what the topic was started for?

What was the topic started for?

Quote from: 800bestofcap on February 21, 2013, 05:39:06 AM
I wasn't ever meaning to get 20 rants on the 39-1, I just wanted info.

The info you "wanted", was "Where can I get the stuff to make my own homemade tactikewl field uniform?"

The info you needed, was "Don't waste your money, it's not authorized."

"That Others May Zoom"

800bestofcap

Quote from: Eclipse on February 21, 2013, 05:39:06 AM
Quote from: 800bestofcap on February 21, 2013, 05:26:48 AM

What was the topic started for?
Get info on blouses where I can get blouses with sleeve pockets.
C/MSgt

Eclipse

Why don't you ask all the other people in your area who are wearing it where they got it? 

Or better still send a note to your commander about creating a homemade uniform and see what he says.

"That Others May Zoom"