When requesting information from the CoC...

Started by mynetdude, March 24, 2008, 09:36:18 PM

mynetdude

How long should someone give for whoever they request information from via their CoC to produce requested information?  What if the information changes or is altered in the process? How long is ample time? And how long is too much time?

A.Member

Depends entirely on what it is you're requesting.  In your request, you should clearly state when the information is needed - set the expectation.
"For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return."

Chappie

And you also need to factor the "volunteer" factor into the equation.  Some "volunteers" handle requests in a timely fashion....others handle requests in their own time (i.e. "when I can get around to it").   Some requests are handled only on meeting nights. 

I would do a status check with the first link in the CoC with whom the request was initially submitted.
Disclaimer:  Not to be confused with the other user that goes by "Chappy"   :)

mynetdude

Quote from: Chappie on March 24, 2008, 09:57:59 PM
And you also need to factor the "volunteer" factor into the equation.  Some "volunteers" handle requests in a timely fashion....others handle requests in their own time (i.e. "when I can get around to it").   Some requests are handled only on meeting nights. 

I would do a status check with the first link in the CoC with whom the request was initially submitted.

Well I would assume the request has to be made first, the question is how much time is approrpriate? Of course there are rules about submitting a complaint to IG and there are time limits on that as well. So I am just asking what would be deemed not excessive?

lordmonar

Again....it depends on the request....

You are not giving us enough information.  What is the nature of the request and who are you asking.

If you are asking your C/Flt CC for some info that he needs to go to wing for....you may have to wait a month of two.  If you are asking why you have not gotten promoted yet you should get the answer withing an hour.

If you are making a complain from your CC for redress or safety issue you should get some sort of answer right away.
PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

Gunner C

Having been a commander a couple of times, it seems to me that both sides should balance this type of thing by complexity and mutual respect.  The CoC should let you know from time-to-time on the progress of the request if it is complex.  If it's not that tough, then the CoC should stive to get it done quickly, allowing for other missions/tasks.

Remember, the commander's mission is to serve and support you.  Your mission is to serve and support the commander.  If you look at it that way, things get done quicker and with less stress.

GC

mynetdude

suppose the request was made in writing, and the person receiving the request refuses? We're not talking about PRB promotions here... I'm not a cadet. We're talking about "adult crap"

lordmonar

Again...not enough information.

If you made a good faith effort to contact the appropriate person in your chain and are not getting satisfaction....go up the chain.  If that person gets mad you jest tell him you got no-joy from him/her and followed proper procedures.

But what is a good faith effort?  That is was is dependent of the situation and we just don't have enough information to answer your question.
PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP