Main Menu

A very pleasant surprise

Started by rjfoxx, January 01, 2012, 02:18:49 AM

Flying Pig

Quote from: rjfoxx on January 01, 2012, 02:18:49 AM
I have a military split personality.  I am a Captain in the Delaware Wing and I am also a Chief Warrant 4 in the Maryland Defense Force (MDDF).  Today on my way home from a morning MDDF staff meeting (I was in ACU's) I stopped at the Cracker Barrel restaurant for lunch.  I was about halfway through my meal when the manager told me "There will be no bill today, the couple behind you is taking care of it."  A young couple; complete strangers, paid my bill as a "Thank You for your service".  Between active duty, reserve duty, defense force duty and CAP, I have almost 30 years service. Nothing like this has ever happened before.  I was floored.  You never know when you will meet someone who really understands what service means.
Ummmmm.....it sounds like rjfoxx is more than qualified to accept thanks for his past and present service.  Whether or not the people knew exactly what capacity he was serving in at that point does nothing to negate the fact that this member has spent the past 30 + yrs serving this country.

rjfoxx

I want to thank everyone for the postive comments and to Radioman "switch-off" :-X  Most of your posts are complaining about the rest of us. >:(  I for one am getting tired of your tiatribes.  If you don't like what we write then don't read it.  Do something constructive.  Oh, by the way my first 10 years in the SDF was in MA back in the 70's and 80's.
Major Richard J Foxx, CAP
Health Service Officer - DEWG
IG Inspector - DEWG