Lt. Col. Gerald R. Lusk

Started by ironputts, July 06, 2020, 02:49:01 PM

ironputts

July 1, 2020

Lt. Col. Gerald R. Lusk
Tuscaloosa Composite Squadron
Alabama Wing

Tuscaloosa Squadron and Alabama Wing obituary info:

On behalf of Wing Commander Col James Harris and Squadron Commander Maj Rodney Stephens,

It is with a heavy heart that I send out this note. Lt Col Jerry Lusk passed away Sunday afternoon after a tough cancer fight. I have known the Lusk family since my days as a USAFR Liaison Officer. Jerry served a tour as the Tuscaloosa Composite Squadron Commander, and he continued serving as a Senior Member in that unit after his command tour providing leadership and training to its members. After taking the Wing Command position, Jerry graciously accepted a position on the Wing leadership team as Deputy Group Commander for Group 2 where he served until his passing last weekend.

Jerry was a devoted husband, father, grandfather, and former Squadron Commander. But Jerry was also a friend who was very comforting to be around. As an instructor, he always made you feel reassured.

Let us please keep Captain Sharon Lusk, Jerry's surviving spouse and the family in our prayers, and give them our utmost respect and support.

I'd like to close with an echo of a quote from one of our other squadron members, " until that great reunion in Heaven." LtC Jerry Lusk, is definitely going to be missed. And we of course will continue the legacy he has built in our squadron.

In the words of fellow Squadron Member Edward Todd:

Jerry was a treasured friend and fellow CAP member, who loved people and enjoyed teaching and mentoring.

From teaching me CAP communications for ICUT, navigating eServices and WMIRS, all the way through evaluating me for Mission Pilot, Jerry was always there with the answers and encouragement.

Level headed and wise, Jerry had a way of diplomatically bringing me back on the path if I started to stray from doing things the "CAP way".

Always with good stories and memories. From the Hurricane Katrina photography for FEMA , to the Syracuse MQ-9 Mission , and much more.

I will miss my friend. Prayers for Sharon and the family.

https://www.tuscaloosanews.com/news/20070514/finding-downed-aircraft
Greg Putnam, Lt. Col., CAP