Main Menu

pant blousing

Started by footballrun21, August 22, 2005, 02:05:10 AM

footballrun21

ive been wondering for a while, what is the proper/good way to blouse your BDU pants over your boots???
C/2d Lt. Stephen Pettit, CAP
New Jersey Wing

Cmdbuddy

Steps:

1.) Buy some of those.

2.) Put on your socks (which should be just about as tall as your boots)

3.) Step into your pants, but don't pull them up.

4.) Reach from the INSIDE and grab the buttom of your pants leg.  Pull it up to right above your sock.

5.) Strap that elastic band around it.

6.) Pull up your pants normally.  If you did it right, your pants should be bloused to the top of your sock.

7.) Put on your boots. 
Christie Ducote, Capt, CAP

MIKE

Get some of these:

Place them between the first and second eyelets of your boots (toward the top), roll your trousers a few times and tuck them up neatly under these blousing cords.

Link.
Mike Johnston

footballrun21

C/2d Lt. Stephen Pettit, CAP
New Jersey Wing

Pace

When I want a professional bloused look, I use these:

However, I put them on a little differently.
1. Put on your pants.
2. Put on your socks and boots.  Tie your boot laces.
3. Now fold the bottom of the pants legs inside your pants.  The bottom of your pants (the fold) should now hang about even with the knot of your boot laces.
4. Take your pants back down, but inside out.
5. Find the fold (was the bottom of your pants until you turned them inside out) that was even with the knot.
6. Move that fold to where your pants will be above the boot when you pull them back up.
7. With the fold in place above the boot, keep it in place with the velcro blousers. NOTE: Only velcro blousing bands work for this method.
8. Pull your pants back up, and you're good to go.

NOTE: If you don't initially use the knot of your laces to measure where to make the fold, your pants will either be too baggy or they'll be so tight that when you sit down they will move up leaving a 1"-2" gap between your pants and the top of your boots.

Whenever I'm not interested in a super sharp look (in the field/on a mission), I tuck my pants into my boots for numerous reasons.
Lt Col, CAP

Major_Chuck

I hate these.  They cut the circulation off and are uncomfortable after several hours of wear.

-CC

Quote from: MIKE on August 22, 2005, 02:47:42 AM
Get some of these:

Place them between the first and second eyelets of your boots (toward the top), roll your trousers a few times and tuck them up neatly under these blousing cords.

Link.
Chuck Cranford
SGT, TNCO VA OCS
Virginia Army National Guard

Pylon

Quote from: Major_Chuck on August 23, 2005, 03:11:40 AM
I hate these.  They cut the circulation off and are uncomfortable after several hours of wear.

-CC

Get some of these:

Link.

I agree with the good Major.  Maybe I just have cankles or something, but they definitely hurt after wearing them for any decent period of time, and feel like they're cutting off blood flow to my feet.  (Disclaimer, Warning!  Do not wear if diabetic!  ::):P
Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP

MIKE

-CC

Get some of these:

Link.

The work fine for me provided they stay on the boot and don't ride up onto my leg... That is when they can start to get uncomfortable.  I blouse my trousers seated, so they are a little looser and don't ride up as much... Have to adjust them occasionally though.

I used to use the blousing bands (Have used two different styles.) when I wore side-zip jump boots which were near impossible to blouse over the boots, so I didn't and bloused them at the boot tops... Now I wear Infantry Combat Boots which can easily be bloused properly with blousing cords, so I've gone back to using them again... Got a deal on a bulk pack from www.sportsmansguide.com
Mike Johnston

Westernslope

I have used both types of bands but using my laces has been the easiest for me. 

After putting on my pants and boots, I wrap the boot laces around the top of the boots and tie them in the front. Then I pull the bottom of the pants over the band created by the laces and tuck it in.  Of course, you need long laces for this but I never have to search for my blousing bands/cords.

shorning

I've used both, but I think these make it look better:

Just depends of your objectives.

Greg

I got experimental and tried something new for encampment this year, and it worked out great.  Much, much easier to do and the pants stayed down really well.

I slipped some elastic through the slits on the bottom of each leg of the trousers, then got a clip thingy and stuck it on there and tied it off:

\

C/Maj Greg(ory) Boyajian, CAP
Air Victory Museum Composite Squadron

Pylon

Quote from: Greg on August 26, 2005, 11:21:53 AM
I got experimental and tried something new for encampment this year, and it worked out great.  Much, much easier to do and the pants stayed down really well.

I slipped some elastic through the slits on the bottom of each leg of the trousers, then got a clip thingy and stuck it on there and tied it off:

\

Now that's a pretty interesting and intuitive idea! 
Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP

Buzz

-CC

Get some of these:

Link.

If they are cutting off your circulation, your trousers are too short -- you need to add 2 - 4 inches of inseam length.  If you can wear the trousers with regular shoes, then they are short enough that they will pull up when you sit down.

Blousing bands are to be worn AROUND THE BOOT, not around your leg.

With the newer, cushioned.top boots, the narrow blousing bands hook just under the bulge where the padding is (and under the lace tie).

afgeo4

Hey Buzz...

Although it is much sharper looking, utilitarian, and more comfortable to blouse your pants over your boots, it is NOT how you wear them properly.

The proper wear is to use blousing straps around your leg, just on top of the boot.  Want to argue?  I'll send you the e-mail address of my former MTI (military training instructor) at Lackland AFB, TX.  You can argue with him cause I sure won't.

The blousing bands (wide and narrow versions) are made for blousing your pants inside your boots, Army style although I too have used them to blouse on top of my boots (it is my parade blousing method) just the way others have described it.
GEORGE LURYE

Mac

Quote from: afgeo4 on December 15, 2005, 04:33:21 AM
Hey Buzz...

Although it is much sharper looking, utilitarian, and more comfortable to blouse your pants over your boots, it is NOT how you wear them properly.

The proper wear is to use blousing straps around your leg, just on top of the boot.  Want to argue?  I'll send you the e-mail address of my former MTI (military training instructor) at Lackland AFB, TX.  You can argue with him cause I sure won't.

The blousing bands (wide and narrow versions) are made for blousing your pants inside your boots, Army style although I too have used them to blouse on top of my boots (it is my parade blousing method) just the way others have described it.

I hate to break it to you, but your MTI was mistaken!

Quote from: AFI 36-2903 Table 2.2 item 2BDU trousers: Cotton and nylon twill or Rip stop cotton with button front closure, strap ankle adjustment, and six pockets. Blouse trousers over combat boots. Material of shirt and trousers must match.

And CAPM 39-1 says the exact same thing.

Quote from: CAPM 39-1 Table 2-3 Item 2Trousers: Cotton and nylon twill or rip stop cotton camouflage pattern (woodland green) with button front closure, strap ankle adjustment, and six pockets. Blouse trousers over combat boots. Material of shirt and
trousers must match.
Derk MacPherson, Lt Col, CAP
Vice Commander
Alaska Wing, PCR-AK-001

Five-seveN

lol, outch! so much for the MIT, actly i cant find any CAP manual that says we hafta' bouse out pants over boots, but im still lookin.

happy hunting

Five-seveN

Ooops just found it, CAPM 39-1

Eclipse

We actually issue blousing bands to all attendees at Spring encampment because about 1/2 the cadets show up incorrect - many of them w/ trousers just tucked into
their boots, which is both incorrect and uncomfortable in the field.

I wear side-zip jump boots with a snap-over on the side (ate my feet like a grinder wearing them in, now I love them) - I wear them as above w/ the wide velcro blousers
pulled down over the snap, which once done holds it all in place and looks correct.

I love the pics at CS that show cadets blousing their blues - and a senior showed up at an open house last year w/ his gray pants bloused!

"That Others May Zoom"

shorning

Quote from: Nukem on December 15, 2005, 02:06:05 PM
I hate to break it to you, but your MTI was mistaken!

Maybe, and maybe not.  As one TI put it to me: "Define 'over'." 

Certainly "above" can be "over", but so can "on top of".  In fact I see it both ways in the Rea Air ForceTM.  I've also seen the Army do both.  I know the Marine blouse "on top of" the boots.  YMMV...[/size]

afgeo4

Well, I'll spare you from MSgt Garcia for the moment and remind you that the regs you just read to us describe the BDU pant and the use of that pant's built in blousing cords (those dangling thingies attached to the bottom of your pant that always get in the way).  It is not, I repeat NOT, guidance on how to blouse your pant using blousing straps.   In fact, there is no formal guidance.

It is well known that if you don't want critters in your boots, you will blouse the pant inside your boot and tie the boot real tight to close the gap between the boot and the pant.  You cannot get such tightness using a blousing band or strap.  If you want to keep sand out of your boots, you will blouse over your boot.  It's just what makes you happy and...

Although an MTI can be wrong (he is sort of human), all MTIs at Lackland cannot be wrong at the same time.  ALL trainees were blousing in this manner when I was at BMT in Sept-Oct 2001.   No matter who tells me what in CAP or even the active duty Air Force, excluding an Air Force HQ staff officer, I will believe an MTI.  Why?  Because if you've ever met one, you'd believe him too.  They are the BEST of what Air Force has.  They are the shining example of how a uniform should be worn.  How an airman should behave.   I wish more of them joined CAP.
GEORGE LURYE