Main Menu

Promotion Time

Started by yolo, December 07, 2017, 03:30:20 PM

TheSkyHornet

56 days, not 60.

If you (a cadet) were to join Civil Air Patrol on January 1, you are eligible to promote to C/Amn on January 1, pending the completion of required training (i.e., testing, Wingman).

If you promote to C/Amn on, say, June 1 (because it took that long), you would be eligible to promote to C/A1C on July 27. At no time between June 1 and July 26 should you be wearing C/A1C insignia because you have not yet promoted.

If a Commander says "Go ahead and wear the insignia," the Commander is wrong. It is not the Commander's fault that he cannot enter it into eServices yet. It is the Commander's fault for not following the regulatory process in promoting a cadet that cannot compliantly be promoted.

If you are wearing C/A1C insignia on July 20 (in the case above), you are still a C/Amn and are wearing the wrong insignia. You need to be wearing C/Amn insignia.

This goes for a C/CMSgt who has passed a board on July 20 but cannot be promoted in eServices to C/2d Lt until July 27. It's wrong. You are not authorized to wear anything other than C/CMSgt insignia. Nobody can authorize what insignia you have on. You may only wear the insignia of your current grade. This also goes for a senior member 1st Lt who is waiting on time in grade to hit Capt. He cannot wear Capt insignia until he is officially a Capt. Nobody cares what the Commander says, or what the review board says. If you haven't yet promoted, you haven't yetpromoted.

This is not rocket science here, guys.

wacapgh

Quote from: TheMeepMan on December 07, 2017, 03:30:20 PM
I just got promoted to A1C the other day. One thing though, it has only been 30 days since my last promotion. I have the ribbon and everything, but am not promoted on eServices. What do I do?

After carefully re-reading your original post (see above), you have not been promoted to C/A1C. Promotions are only effective when the new grade shows up in eServices, and as you state, it has not been entered and approved.

There are no "temporary" grades in the Cadet program - you wear what is shown in eServices.

Until eServices records the promotion, remove the C/A1C stripe and Arnold ribbon. Wear your C/Amn grade and Curry award ribbon.

If there are questions, refer to CAPR 52-16, 5-2. Cadet Promotions:

f. Promotions in Grade. Advancement, and the promotions in grade that accompany it, becomes official when the squadron commander (or designee) endorses the cadet's record in the Cadet Promotions Application in eServices or, alternatively, endorses the CAPF 52-series form.

g. Temporary & Discretionary Grades. There are no temporary promotions or demotions, including temporary or "field" promotions or demotions at encampments and other activities. There are no discretionary grades. Cadets will wear their earned grade on their uniform at every CAP activity. The only grades authorized are those shown in CAPVA 52-100.