The New CAPM 39-1 Now Available

Started by MisterCD, June 26, 2014, 05:25:56 PM

RiverAux

QuoteKinda like during Hurricane Katrina, when the Governor of Louisiana made a blanket award to all US Military (AC and RC), National Guard, State Defense Forces, CAP, USCGAux and foreign military units that deployed to the State of the Louisiana Emergency Service Ribbon and the Louisiana F.E. Herbert Meritorious Unit Commendation.

Hmm, I never got my LA award for deploying to LA for CAP during Katrina.....

Shuman 14

Quote from: RiverAux on July 03, 2014, 09:46:43 PM
QuoteKinda like during Hurricane Katrina, when the Governor of Louisiana made a blanket award to all US Military (AC and RC), National Guard, State Defense Forces, CAP, USCGAux and foreign military units that deployed to the State of the Louisiana Emergency Service Ribbon and the Louisiana F.E. Herbert Meritorious Unit Commendation.

Hmm, I never got my LA award for deploying to LA for CAP during Katrina.....

I'd write a letter of inquiry to the TAG's Office in Louisiana with a copy of your proof of service during the period. You just might get a Memorandum of Record or a certificate or two and a ribbon or two back.
Joseph J. Clune
Lieutenant Colonel, Military Police

USMCR: 1990 - 1992                           USAR: 1993 - 1998, 2000 - 2003, 2005 - Present     CAP: 2013 - 2014, 2021 - Present
INARNG: 1992 - 1993, 1998 - 2000      Active Army: 2003 - 2005                                       USCGAux: 2004 - Present

Storm Chaser

Quote from: shuman14 on July 02, 2014, 06:59:24 PM
Quote from: Garibaldi on July 02, 2014, 06:54:32 PM
Quote from: shuman14 on July 02, 2014, 06:52:47 PM
Quote from: Eclipse on July 02, 2014, 05:58:04 PM
Yes, members have access to AAFES, however for some it seems to be an uphill battle to get things ordered,
and there is no online ordering allowed.

The ASU shirt is not an "aviator" shirt, and it has permanent creases - neither are proper for CAP.

Standardization of color is the least of CAP's uniform issues, and requiring the G/Ws be purchased from
a single source would break the notion that many members can simply go in their closets for most of the parts,
especially pilots.

You'd also have size issues unless you made the single source DXL, or similar, since by design these uniforms
are worn by people of "size".

You actually can order for people of "size" thru AAFES... it's a special order but it can be done.

Lots of other places to go online to order them too just google "ASU white shirt".

Breaking that "notion" is what needs to be done... it's a uniform, there needs to be uniformity.

BTW, why are military creases not authorized on a para-military organization's uniform shirts?  ???

Because we ain't Marines. They are the only service branch that has those creases.

Then why are they now standard on an Army shirt, sewn in?  ::)

Seriously I've been on many a Joint base and I see every Service wearing military creases on their uniforms, what are you frakking talking about?

We're not the Army either. Last I checked, we're the U.S. Air Force Auxiliary and the Air Force does not allow military creases on their uniforms.

Storm Chaser

Quote from: SARDOC on July 03, 2014, 03:43:41 AM
Quote from: lordmonar on July 02, 2014, 11:11:08 PM
Quote from: shuman14 on July 02, 2014, 09:36:13 PM
Quote from: arajca on July 02, 2014, 09:30:51 PM
They do. They also prevent CAP National Guard members from wearing state decoration on thier CAP uniforms.

Another silly rule but one that the Active Duty also has.

I never understood that, it is "ok" to wear the decorations of a foreign nation on an Active Duty uniform but it is "not ok" to wear one from an actual State of the United States.  :-
......Approved awards from a foreign nation......usually earned while on duty with the U.S. Military.
But that's the rub.
The states have a lot of power about what they do with their uniforms.....and the Federal Military have no power to stop them.   That's why the SDFs get away with what they do.
But the Federal Services do have power over State Troops when on Federal Service.....hence the no state awards on military uniforms.

I wonder why no one has pointed out that the USAF does not let it's members wear CAP ribbons on the AD/RES uniforms?

I would have been sure that the "they must hate us" guys would have clued in on that one long ago.

I find it funny...that CAP can wear Foreign Awards...but Can't wear State Awards.  Can wear Kuwaiti Liberation Medal...But not the State Medal of Valor.

That's a carryover from the Air Force, which does not allow state awards for the regular active duty component or the reserve. Only the Air National Guard is allowed state awards on the Air Force uniform.

The CyBorg is destroyed

Quote from: Storm Chaser on July 07, 2014, 03:28:29 AM
Only the Air National Guard is allowed state awards on the Air Force uniform.

And then only when not in Federal status.  A lot of Air Guard members have two sets of ribbons - one with state awards, one without.

I am not sure how the Army does it for their Guard personnel.
Exiled from GLR-MI-011

PHall

Quote from: CyBorg on July 07, 2014, 04:12:21 AM
Quote from: Storm Chaser on July 07, 2014, 03:28:29 AM
Only the Air National Guard is allowed state awards on the Air Force uniform.

And then only when not in Federal status.  A lot of Air Guard members have two sets of ribbons - one with state awards, one without.

I am not sure how the Army does it for their Guard personnel.

Same way, can't wear "State" awards on a "Federal" uniform.

ZigZag911

By the state vs. federal reasoning, CAP ought to be allowed to wear state awards on the Corporate uniform (which is no way federal!)

RiverAux

Logical, but do we want to add even greater complications to this reg for the relatively small number of people that it would benefit? 

Eclipse

Quote from: RiverAux on July 07, 2014, 11:21:57 PM
Logical, but do we want to add even greater complications to this reg for the relatively small number of people that it would benefit?

I'd be willing to bet more members could wear state decorations then could wear HMRS, NBB, and NCSA stuff combined, not to
be confused with NESA stuff because apparently they are sensitive about being lumped in with HMRS and NBB, so just to be clear
they only have the patch, oh and the hat, which a lot of people where, and I've seen t-shirts, but that's it, so don't get them confused or
lump them together.  Again, just so everyone is clear, NESA only has an NCSA patch, hat, and t-shirt, that's it.

If members can wear military decorations on the USAF-Style uniforms, which are irrelevant to CAP, why shouldn't
those with state decs have the same choice and incentive with the whites?

"That Others May Zoom"

PHall

Quote from: Eclipse on July 07, 2014, 11:29:59 PM

I'd be willing to bet more members could wear state decorations then could wear HMRS, NBB, and NESA stuff combined.

If members can wear military decorations on the USAF-Style uniforms, which are irrelevant to CAP, why shouldn't

State decorations are military decorations too.

Storm Chaser

I'd be willing to bet more members could wear state decorations then could wear HMRS, NBB, and NESA stuff combined.

To what "NESA stuff" are you referring to? Other that items worn at the school, there are no authorized NESA special uniform items to be worn with the CAP uniform. Cite please.

lordmonar

Well....there is the NESA patch.   8)
PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

Eclipse

Quote from: lordmonar on July 08, 2014, 12:30:40 AM
Well....there is the NESA patch.   

Yeah, that's about it - included them just to "not not" include them.

They have special mention, but only for the NCSA patches.

"That Others May Zoom"

Storm Chaser

Every (or at least most) national special activities have patches; hardly a reason to single out NESA with NBB and HMRS.

jeders

Person 1: I see you have the [Some State] Medal of Valor
Person 2: Huh?...Oh that? That's the [Other State] Community Service Ribbon

Need I say more?
If you are confident in you abilities and experience, whether someone else is impressed is irrelevant. - Eclipse

Storm Chaser

I have several state awards. Can't wear them anymore on either my Air Force or CAP uniforms. It doesn't bother me at all. And that's not to say that I'm not proud of my accomplishments in the ANG, but I don't get wrapped up around the axle when it comes to things like this.

Eclipse

Quote from: jeders on July 08, 2014, 05:45:02 PM

Need I say more?

^ And we care, why?

The world ends because one person's dec is similar to another's but they are awarded for different things?

At least both are having the conversation, and both get to wear them somewhere.

Not to mention the fact that in the majority of cases, people don't move around a lot.
It's not like you'd have hundreds of people intermingled from different SDFs in one state
all the time, even at national conferences they would be few and far between.

Most people see a blur of jelly beans, and move on.

"That Others May Zoom"

jeders

Quote from: Eclipse on July 08, 2014, 05:52:13 PM
Quote from: jeders on July 08, 2014, 05:45:02 PM

Need I say more?

^ And we care, why?

Because we already have enough confusion, do we really want to add more?
If you are confident in you abilities and experience, whether someone else is impressed is irrelevant. - Eclipse

Storm Chaser

CAP is not a state organization and, while I'm not opposed state awards on the uniform, I'm not sure I see the need for it. In fact, I don't see the need for many currently authorized insignias that have no relevance to CAP or CAP's missions.

CAP may be the Air Force Auxiliary, but when it comes to the uniform, members want us to be more like the Army where almost every insignia earned is worn. The results are not always pretty.

Marvin

I find it so odd, if not ludicrous, that members are required to "obtain and maintain for wear either of the minimum basic uniforms described here" and goes on to describe those two options, but fails to ever require them to be worn.  True, there are certain situations, such as specified in 1.2.4 where A uniform must be worn, but even in those, one could easily wear another combination and satisfy the reg.  If one maintains and wears, for example, a flight duty uniform for aircrew duties and a Class B long sleeve shirt combination, that minimum short sleeve shirt will never be worn.  Yet the regs say it must be owned and maintained. 

Perhaps the intent of the reg. was that members should "obtain and maintain one of the uniform combinations appropriate for intended involvment..." but that, of course is not what is prescribed....