Main Menu

ABUs

Started by MadGrak, September 15, 2011, 05:14:12 AM

Eclipse

Quote from: C/MSgt on November 20, 2012, 12:56:33 AMAs most know we are often confused with active duty personal in certain settings.

I have never once known anyone in CAP who was "confused with active duty personnel" in any setting where the confusion was more then momentary, and certainly not in any situation where the confusion was consequential to anyone involved.

"That Others May Zoom"

C/2d Lt

Those who's intentions are good should be proud to were it however there goal should not be to wear it to infer they are someone ells. Which, trying to be realistic here, often happens.

If we ever get the ABU's than it should because National headquarters decided that it was in CAP's best interest to switch not because a few cadets wanted to look like the Air Force.

In my personal opinion if we can get every single cadet to wear their uniform to the standard at which needs to be, that is the point where we will be able to switch to ABU's. In addition some squadrons currently have issues having cadets receive their BDU uniforms. There is most defiantly not a limited supply of BDU's so if you were to imagine receiving the ABU's it would be a nightmare.

In addition I was referring to others outside of CAP believing that we were active duty not the other way around. Such as walking in to a store after a squadron meeting and having someone ask if you were ever deployed.
C/1st Lt Neuman                                                 Cadet Executive Officer    NER-NY- 135                                    

Kansas Wing Winter Encampment ES Flight-2012       *GTM3, MRO, UDF, FLM, MSA
New York Wing Encampment-
              2012- Golf Flight Inflight
              2013- Charlie Flight Commander- Honor Flight for the Encampment
              2014- Squadron 2 Commander

The CyBorg is destroyed

Quote from: C/MSgt on November 20, 2012, 04:47:55 AM
In addition I was referring to others outside of CAP believing that we were active duty not the other way around. Such as walking in to a store after a squadron meeting and having someone ask if you were ever deployed.

On very rare occasions I've had a similar thing happen..."were you in Iraq/Afghanistan/Bosnia," etc?

I view such occasions as a good opportunity to educate the asker about CAP.

One of the sillier ones was when I was in a store after a squadron meeting, wearing the short-sleeved blue shirt combo, and a young woman mistook me for a store security guard.

I rarely wear the grey/white combo (usually if my blues are at or need to go to the cleaners), but that would be even likelier to get me mistaken for store security/mall cop. >:D
Exiled from GLR-MI-011

usafcap1

1. Welcome to the board
2. We will someday. Just give it some time.
3. If we get I think only SM's should wear them. Because. . . well really a 12 year old wearing ABU's, come on. But that's just what I think.
|GES|SET|BCUT|ICUT|FLM|FLS*|MS|CD|MRO*|AP|IS-100|IS-200|IS-700|IS-800|

(Cadet 2008-2012)

Air•plane / [air-pleyn] / (ar'plan')-Massive winged machines that magically propel them selfs through the sky.

usafcap1

Quote from: usafcap1 on October 13, 2011, 07:56:27 AM
our RC and CO says 2014. it will look something like woodland camo in digi-print

WOW is that what I said  :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[

Sorry off topic
|GES|SET|BCUT|ICUT|FLM|FLS*|MS|CD|MRO*|AP|IS-100|IS-200|IS-700|IS-800|

(Cadet 2008-2012)

Air•plane / [air-pleyn] / (ar'plan')-Massive winged machines that magically propel them selfs through the sky.

RogueLeader

Quote from: CyBorg on November 20, 2012, 05:48:44 AM
On very rare occasions I've had a similar thing happen..."were you in Iraq/Afghanistan/Bosnia," etc?

I was active Army, and didn't deploy. . .

I've had people ask me about CAP because they didn't recognize some of the parts (wearing Service Dress (Class A's)) so I gave the short explanation of what we are.
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

Майор Хаткевич

Quote from: usafcap1 on November 20, 2012, 09:11:17 AM
3. If we get I think only SM's should wear them. Because. . . well really a 12 year old wearing ABU's, come on. But that's just what I think.

Really? Kinda like 12 year olds wearing AF uniforms currently? Like 13 year old sea cadets wearing the Navy digitals? 14 year old AFJROTC?

What is it exactly that makes you think overweight SMs wearing it incorrectly is better than cadets? You spent 4 years as a cadet and earned two stripes. I don't think youre in a position to make that statement based on your cadet experience or your short SM experience.

lordmonar

Quote from: C/MSgt on November 20, 2012, 04:47:55 AMIn addition I was referring to others outside of CAP believing that we were active duty not the other way around. Such as walking in to a store after a squadron meeting and having someone ask if you were ever deployed.
When I was on AD USAF....I used to get that "are you in the Army?" question.   If we are mistaken for AD personnel....that IMHO....is a good thing...Correct them and then move on.

It is not a big deal.
PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

Garibaldi

Quote from: usafaux2004 on November 20, 2012, 03:51:44 PM
You spent 4 years as a cadet and earned two stripes. I don't think you're in a position to make that statement based on your cadet experience or your short SM experience.

Any more so than I spent 5 years and got 4 stripes... /lament
Still a major after all these years.
ES dude, leadership ossifer, publik affaires
Opinionated and wrong 99% of the time about all things

Майор Хаткевич

I call them like I see them. He is someone who wore AF uniforms for 4+ years, didn't do what he had to as a cadet, yet now as a SM thinks it's silly for cadets to wear uniforms

Garibaldi

Quote from: usafaux2004 on November 20, 2012, 06:36:27 PM
I call them like I see them. He is someone who wore AF uniforms for 4+ years, didn't do what he had to as a cadet, yet now as a SM thinks it's silly for cadets to wear uniforms

There are a few out there who don't think we should even HAVE uniforms. I'm not one of them.
Still a major after all these years.
ES dude, leadership ossifer, publik affaires
Opinionated and wrong 99% of the time about all things

Майор Хаткевич

Quote from: Garibaldi on November 20, 2012, 06:49:30 PM
Quote from: usafaux2004 on November 20, 2012, 06:36:27 PM

There are a few out there who don't think we should even HAVE uniforms. I'm not one of them.

That's great. May they wear their polos into eternity.

okeecap

Personally I think CAP should kill the polo and bring back the old blue and white corporate uniform, the polo does not really look the most professional.  The old blue and white kinda made us unique. 8)

Майор Хаткевич

Quote from: okeecap on November 20, 2012, 08:54:34 PM
Personally I think CAP should kill the polo and bring back the old blue and white corporate uniform, the polo does not really look the most professional.  The old blue and white kinda made us unique. 8)

Are we talking about the TPU?

That's not coming back...

Eclipse

Quote from: okeecap on November 20, 2012, 08:54:34 PM
Personally I think CAP should kill the polo and bring back the old blue and white corporate uniform, the polo does not really look the most professional.  The old blue and white kinda made us unique.

I don 't disagree on bringing back the CSU, but they do not serve the same purpose.

"That Others May Zoom"

okeecap

well there is the bbdu why we need the polo is beyond me it makes us look like we sell insurance.

Eclipse

Quote from: okeecap on November 20, 2012, 11:37:29 PM
well there is the bbdu why we need the polo is beyond me it makes us look like we sell insurance.

No, it makes us look like everyone else.

The majority of people in an EOC will generally be in a golf shirt.

"That Others May Zoom"

The CyBorg is destroyed

Quote from: usafaux2004 on November 20, 2012, 09:04:29 PM
Are we talking about the TPU?

That's not coming back...

Yes, we got our knuckles rapped on that one real good...for no reason; the powers that be at the NEC just decided "you can't have it."

But it's not connected to any sort of field uniform.  Different altogether.
Exiled from GLR-MI-011

okeecap

The CyBorg is destroyed

Quote from: okeecap on November 21, 2012, 01:06:28 AM
What was the TPU?

It was the colloquial name for the former Corporate Service Uniform, which was blue and white and quite popular with a large segment of our membership.

"TP" came from the initials of the former CAP National CC who thought of it.

NEC decided on a whim back a few years ago that we couldn't have it anymore.
Exiled from GLR-MI-011