Main Menu

L-Per Crystal specs?

Started by BoxGranch, March 09, 2020, 06:30:30 PM

BoxGranch

Anyone have the specs for crystals for the Little L-Per? We wanted one for 243 MHz. Bomar Crystals can make them for the AM A/C band, but does not have the specs for 243. The maker of the L-Per is no longer in business and not able to provide the information.

Thanks in advance and apologies if this is answered someplace where I was not smart enough to find it.

Brad

Brad Lee
Maj, CAP
Assistant Deputy Chief of Staff, Communications
Mid-Atlantic Region
K4RMN

BoxGranch

Belated thank you! We managed to get them.

Corporal Punishment

On the subject of L-Per Crystals, I have found an L-Per I'm looking to buy, but it is only set up for marine frequencies. Does anyone know where I can get crystals so I can set it up for 121.5 MHz, 121.775 MHz, 121.6 MHz, and 243 MHz? Any information would be greatly appreciated, especially links of where I can find any.

NovemberWhiskey

When you say 'marine frequencies', what do you mean? For the really old-school EPIRBs that used ch 15/16?

Corporal Punishment

Yes, it is set up for 121.5 MHz and Channels 15, 16, and 22.

Corporal Punishment

Quote from: BoxGranch on March 09, 2020, 06:30:30 PMAnyone have the specs for crystals for the Little L-Per? We wanted one for 243 MHz. Bomar Crystals can make them for the AM A/C band, but does not have the specs for 243. The maker of the L-Per is no longer in business and not able to provide the information.

Thanks in advance and apologies if this is answered someplace where I was not smart enough to find it.
How much did they charge you when you ordered from Bomar Crystals?

Corporal Punishment

So I ordered a crystal for 121.5 and one for 121.775 and they charged my $50 each, it was a bit expensive but I would say they were worth the money.