Main Menu

NCO Forum

Started by jb512, October 20, 2018, 07:29:47 AM

Eclipse

Quote from: jb512 on October 25, 2018, 12:52:42 AM
Quote from: Stonewall on October 23, 2018, 01:26:09 AM
I just don't understand why people tend to waste their time and energy bashing a program or process no one is forcing them to partake in.

I wish that more people in this forum would take this approach when a question is raised. All I asked was if there was a forum available, not whether or not each person here agreed with the program.

Actually, you didn't ask if there was a forum, you suggested adding one.

Quote from: jb512 on October 20, 2018, 07:29:47 AM((*snip*)) I suggest that we add an NCO forum to the site so that we have a place to gather and give each other advice on how to make this work.

"That Others May Zoom"

jb512

Quote from: Eclipse on October 25, 2018, 01:03:42 AM
I just don't understand why people tend to waste their time and energy bashing a program or process no one is forcing them to partake in.

I wish that more people in this forum would take this approach when a question is raised. All I asked was if there was a forum available, not whether or not each person here agreed with the program.

Quote from: jb512 on October 20, 2018, 07:29:47 AM((*snip*)) I suggest that we add an NCO forum to the site so that we have a place to gather and give each other advice on how to make this work.

Good catch. Based on the response I'm going to assume that adding one would be out of the question, therefore none would be available.

TheSkyHornet

Quote from: jb512 on October 25, 2018, 01:10:24 AM
Quote from: Eclipse on October 25, 2018, 01:03:42 AM

Good catch. Based on the response I'm going to assume that adding one would be out of the question, therefore none would be available.

There already is one. Non-NCOs aren't in it.

Are you an NCO? If not, why do you need access to an NCO forum?

If so, PM Jester before he goes below the hard deck.

Quote from: Jester on October 20, 2018, 12:17:02 PM
This already exists, but not on CAPTalk. Pm me if you're an NCO and I'll get you in.

CAP_truth

NCOs have been part of CAP since 1941. We need a structured enlisted program within CAP. We should also expand the fight officer to include members over 21 and mission rated promotions. Enlisted should be a separate membership class with lower membership dues, while increased education requirements for officer to include an associate degrees or higher.
Cadet CoP
Wilson

abdsp51

Quote from: CAP_truth on October 25, 2018, 11:11:10 PM
NCOs have been part of CAP since 1941. We need a structured enlisted program within CAP. We should also expand the fight officer to include members over 21 and mission rated promotions. Enlisted should be a separate membership class with lower membership dues, while increased education requirements for officer to include an associate degrees or higher.

No we don't.

Luis R. Ramos

What does the existence of an NCO forum or lack of existence of an NCO forum has to do with the need of an NCO program? Guys, stay focused with the OP question! Limit all comments on this thread to an NCO forum!

Squadron Safety Officer
Squadron Communication Officer
Squadron Emergency Services Officer

N6RVT

You want to make it like the REAL USAF?  Double the dues for officers and make enlisted membership free, or like $10 a year.  (Flight Officers would be considered enlisted)

You would have to grandfather every existing officer at their current grade, but any promotion would put them in the new system.  The officer / enlisted ratio would balance out rather quickly, but I'm guessing National would get just as much in Dues.

Fubar

Uh, no.

jb512

Quote from: Luis R. Ramos on October 25, 2018, 11:29:02 PM
What does the existence of an NCO forum or lack of existence of an NCO forum has to do with the need of an NCO program? Guys, stay focused with the OP question! Limit all comments on this thread to an NCO forum!

Thank you.

jb512

My recent posts have been labeled as "snark" so I will try to be more civil and precise.

Mitchell 1969

NCOs have been part of CAP since 1941.

Not really. The NCO ranks were established in 1942. They were abolished in 1972, then resurrected in 1985 under different terms, including the requirement to have earned them in military service.

The fact that CAP eliminated NCO grades after 30 years is significant. It was done because no positions were identified in CAP which actually required NCOs to perform them. Also, dropping them made things like billeting and club use easier on USAF and other military/naval bases.

The fact that CAP survived 13 years without them, barely missing them, is also significant.

Doubly significant is the fact that they were only brought back to serve the personal preferences of a small part of the membership.

So, while CAP had NCOs starting in 1942  and has them now is not the same thing saying that "NCOs have been part of CAP since 1941." That 13 year gap has to be considered and acknowledged and not glossed over as it frequently is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mitchell 1969; Earhart 1971; Eaker 1973. Cadet Flying Encampment, License, 1970. IACE New Zealand 1971; IACE Korea 1973.

CAP has been bery, bery good to me.

Luis R. Ramos

Do not coopt other's thread. If you want to discuss the importance of NCOs in CAP, open your own thread. It will be easier to find, and easier to understand its purpose(s)! 

Squadron Safety Officer
Squadron Communication Officer
Squadron Emergency Services Officer

PHall

Quote from: Luis R. Ramos on October 26, 2018, 02:10:52 PM
Do not coopt other's thread. If you want to discuss the importance of NCOs in CAP, open your own thread. It will be easier to find, and easier to understand its purpose(s)!

Relax Luis, it's only an internet post.

Falling Hare

I do hope that the "closed" NCO forum can get a lot of work done. 

--Be sure and give us regular reports of the the progress and activities of the program.

--Be open and above-board about problems and conflicts encountered.

--Above all avoid "group think".  Don't be afraid to solicit input and ideas from non-NCO members from CAP and other organizations.

Best of luck to all involved.

Fubar

Quote from: Mitchell 1969 on October 26, 2018, 09:47:20 AMThe NCO ranks were established in 1942. They were abolished in 1972, then resurrected in 1985 under different terms, including the requirement to have earned them in military service.

I found your post very interesting. Thanks for the history lesson!

Mitchell 1969

Quote from: Fubar on October 27, 2018, 07:52:24 AM
Quote from: Mitchell 1969 on October 26, 2018, 09:47:20 AMThe NCO ranks were established in 1942. They were abolished in 1972, then resurrected in 1985 under different terms, including the requirement to have earned them in military service.

I found your post very interesting. Thanks for the history lesson!

Thanks for the thanks! What's a "history lesson" for some is simply others remembering back to what seems like months rather than years!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mitchell 1969; Earhart 1971; Eaker 1973. Cadet Flying Encampment, License, 1970. IACE New Zealand 1971; IACE Korea 1973.

CAP has been bery, bery good to me.

Stonewall

For those interested, Breaking Ranks has released their fourth podcast episode with our very own Command Chief.

https://www.facebook.com/888361988016586/posts/1006241116228672/
Serving since 1987.

Fubar

Let me know when Stonewall gets interviewed, then I'll give it a listen  8)

Stonewall

Quote from: Fubar on October 30, 2018, 03:47:39 AM

Pretty sure no one wants to hear what I have to say.
Serving since 1987.

TheSkyHornet

Quote from: Stonewall on October 31, 2018, 12:15:48 AM
Quote from: Fubar on October 30, 2018, 03:47:39 AM

Pretty sure no one wants to hear what I have to say.

*raises hand*