Lapel Pins for Cadets

Started by Color Guard Rifleman, December 14, 2018, 02:22:14 PM

Color Guard Rifleman

I recently found my National Cadet Competition lapel pin. I am unsure if cadets can wear them and have checked most of 39-1. Does anyone know if cadets can wear lapel pins?
C/SMSgt Murphy Killeen, CAP
2019 MIWG Encampment Squadron 2 First Sergeant
Recruiting NCO

See the source image

Toad1168

You cannot wear them on any USAF style uniform.  They are for non-uniform clothing only.
Toad

TheSkyHornet

For general reference:
The only thing you'll have as a cadet on a lapel (collar) is your grade insignia (or the "CAP" device for the service coat).

Any special knick-knacks you get for activities, unless specifically a ribbon, cord, or qualification badge, are considered novelty items---kind of like a challenge coin or a flag pin.

For future reference on earned items that you can wear, check CAPR 39-3, which covers CAP awards and decorations (this tells you that you may actually wear it; the uniform manual says where they are placed). You need to check both publications to get the full picture.

MSG Mac

You wear lapel pins on the lapel of a civilian jacket or blazer. Not for wear with uniforms.
Michael P. McEleney
Lt Col CAP
MSG USA (Retired)
50 Year Member

PHall

Save them for your shadow box along with your other cadet insignia for when you go to the "Dark Side".
You can hang it on your I Love Me wall!

Color Guard Rifleman

Quote from: PHall on December 14, 2018, 07:44:28 PM
Save them for your shadow box along with your other cadet insignia for when you go to the "Dark Side".
You can hang it on your I Love Me wall!

Will do!  ;)
C/SMSgt Murphy Killeen, CAP
2019 MIWG Encampment Squadron 2 First Sergeant
Recruiting NCO

See the source image

Mitchell 1969

Quote from: TheSkyHornet on December 14, 2018, 02:40:56 PM
For general reference:
The only thing you'll have as a cadet on a lapel (collar) is your grade insignia (or the "CAP" device for the service coat).

Any special knick-knacks you get for activities, unless specifically a ribbon, cord, or qualification badge, are considered novelty items---kind of like a challenge coin or a flag pin.

For future reference on earned items that you can wear, check CAPR 39-3, which covers CAP awards and decorations (this tells you that you may actually wear it; the uniform manual says where they are placed). You need to check both publications to get the full picture.

Grade insignia is not worn on the lapel. They are worn on the collar. (The collar on the coat is attached to and continues into the lapel, but they are separate components).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mitchell 1969; Earhart 1971; Eaker 1973. Cadet Flying Encampment, License, 1970. IACE New Zealand 1971; IACE Korea 1973.

CAP has been bery, bery good to me.

arajca

Quote from: MSG Mac on December 14, 2018, 07:11:49 PM
You wear lapel pins on the lapel of a civilian jacket or blazer. Not for wear with uniforms.

Unless you're wearing the CAP blazer uniform.