Main Menu

Question about Base Regs

Started by 2ltAlexD, April 24, 2009, 12:34:19 AM

2ltAlexD

Hi there! I have a question. I am a senior member 2lt. I wasn reading the Afffes regs on the cap website and found this:
This revision eliminates the detailed listings of items authorized for purchase and authorized exchange activities and servicessince exchange privileges for CAP members have been extended to include all exchange purchase items and servicesexcluding State tax-free items.
Does that mean we can use everything on base?
I found this on http://74.125.47.132/search?q=cache:q_rvY-tepJkJ:members.gocivilairpatrol.com/media/cms/u_082503080356.pdf+civil+air+patrol+use+base+exchange&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us
I am a part of a military family with a dad in the National Guard, but am 23 so no longer dependent and am a new Coast Guard Auxiliarist but we only have access to CG base stuff unless buying uniforms. Thanks!
Des Moines Metro Cadet Squadron

AlphaSigOU

No. You are only accorded exchange privileges only if you are listed on a military support authorization and occupying quarters on base for an official CAP activity. It does not extend to commissary, tobacco or Class VI (liquor) purchases.

Otherwise, you are only accorded exchange privileges only to purchase items at the MCSS.
Lt Col Charles E. (Chuck) Corway, CAP
Gill Robb Wilson Award (#2901 - 2011)
Amelia Earhart Award (#1257 - 1982) - C/Major (retired)
Billy Mitchell Award (#2375 - 1981)
Administrative/Personnel/Professional Development Officer
Nellis Composite Squadron (PCR-NV-069)
KJ6GHO - NAR 45040

arajca

Read the entire reg. To purchase anything other than uniforms, you need to be occupying government quarters. Tyipcally, this will only be if you are on base for a CAP activity. When use of base facilities are authorized, you will be listed on a Military Support Authorization which should provide more information on which facilities can be used.

Also, the reg references Air Force and Army regs regarding AAFES that go into more detail.

2ltAlexD

I sort of think like in the CG Aux we should be allowed mwr and bx opportunities for our voluntary service, but not acohol aor tabbacco. When I go on base with my family though, I purchase other stuff because I am with a military person, so that should be ok. I don't think we should get commissary stuff though. It should just be set up like the CG Aux. Is it against the law to purchase other than uniform items if you are with a sponsor or your family?

Spike

Quote from: TapsBugler on April 24, 2009, 01:09:01 AM
Is it against the law to purchase other than uniform items if you are with a sponsor or your family?

Unless you are a dependent of the sponsor with a dependent ID Card, then yes, it would be against "policy".  Since you lost your Dependent ID Card on your birthday, your family must buy whatever you want.  SOME PX/BX's may not even let you in without a ID Card.   

2ltAlexD

They have been really good about letting in with my family when I have used my CAP photo id. I am special needs as well, so could still probably be dependent, but I enjoy living on my own. Not sure if getting my Coast Guard Aux id will change anything. There again, it depends on the base and what the commanders authorize I guess.

DBlair

That has to be one of the most detailed signature block resumes I've seen so far on this site. lol
DANIEL BLAIR, Lt Col, CAP
C/Lt Col (Ret) (1990s Era)
Wing Staff / Legislative Squadron Commander

whatevah

it's also prompted a new setting in the forum.  max of 7 lines in sig blocks.  I left hers alone, but made the font size small so it doesn't take up as much of the screen.
Jerry Horn
CAPTalk Co-Admin

JayT

Quote from: DBlair on April 24, 2009, 02:12:58 AM
That has to be one of the most detailed signature block resumes I've seen so far on this site. lol

Yet, it doesn't actually tell us anything.
"Eagerness and thrill seeking in others' misery is psychologically corrosive, and is also rampant in EMS. It's a natural danger of the job. It will be something to keep under control, something to fight against."

JohnKachenmeister

TapsB:

You have a slight mix of apples and oranges in your post.  Exchange privilges are governed by CAP, AF, and Army regulations, but access to MWR activities is up to the installation commander.
Another former CAP officer