4 Marine Corps Combat Leadership Lessons Every Man Should Learn

Started by Eclipse, April 26, 2014, 08:29:19 PM

Eclipse

Wow.  So simple and yet so important.  Missed, ignored, or never learned by a lot of people in CAP.
I'd say the bold below is what I see lacking in a lot of "leaders" in both the CAP and corporate sectors.
(Can't strikethrough in the title, or I would have changed "man" to "one".)

This would make a fantastic CDI or Leadership topic for bit cadets and seniors.

http://www.artofmanliness.com/2014/04/24/4-marine-corps-combat-leadership-lessons-every-man-should-learn/

Lesson #1 — The time to prepare was yesterday: if you stop to ask how fast to run in a firefight, you're not running fast enough.

Lesson #2 — Be a part of something bigger than yourself: self-sacrifice for the greater good is the hallmark of a leader.

Lesson #3 — If you don't know, ask.

Lesson #4 — It's about building trust and respect.

"That Others May Zoom"

CAPAPRN

Thank you for wanting to change Man to One- I truly appreciate your taking the time to say that. We need everyone if we are to survive. One of my greatest combat heroes is Tammy Duckworth, and the only coworker I ever lost was a female flight nurse.
Capt. Carol A Whelan CAP CTWG,
CTWG Asst. Director of Communications
CTWG Director of Admin & Personnel
Commander NER-CT-004
DCS CTWG 2015 Encampment

Private Investigator

That was very pleasant. Thank you both for sharing.   :clap:

Storm Chaser

These lessons align very well with our core values. Lessons 1 and 3 have to do with Excellence, 2 with Service and 4 with Integrity and Respect.

Brit_in_CAP

Like this.  Next month's CD is already organized but June's is now filled!

Thanks for sharing.  My USMC son nodded approvingly when I showed him this.

Somebody recommended reading "Semper Fi: Business Leadership the Marine Corps Way" by Dan Carrison and Rod Walsh.  Don't bother.  The four lines quoted here sum up exactly what the authors are trying to say.  My son also tried reading the book - he gave up because he was laughing too hard about half way through...!

Brit_in_CAP

Quote from: CAPAPRN on April 27, 2014, 03:13:10 AM
Thank you for wanting to change Man to One- I truly appreciate your taking the time to say that. We need everyone if we are to survive. One of my greatest combat heroes is Tammy Duckworth, and the only coworker I ever lost was a female flight nurse.

+1 - I married a British flight nurse and like my colleague here I really appreciate you taking the time to wrote what you did.

She went to war - and I never did!