Main Menu

Who have you met?

Started by Stonewall, February 01, 2008, 12:35:05 AM

CadetProgramGuy

Quote from: Stonewall on April 23, 2008, 10:46:07 AM
Quote from: CadetProgramGuy on April 23, 2008, 10:37:22 AM
I know who she is, I was making funny as well.

Thanks!!

Sorry, I've got 102 degree temp, I didn't even see all the replies after you replied, nor could I make out the fact that you were being funny.  Sorry bro, back to Tylenol and sleep....

Hey, you got the gun and can protect people for a living....I just type .......

Tylenol is the drug of the gods........, I remember my time in the military, 800mg was the standard....

Get better.

J

Fifinella

If someone wants to promote me to General, that's ok with me.  ;)

Colgan can be the Captain of my flying monkeys...
Judy LaValley, Maj, CAP
Asst. DCP, LAWG
SWR-LA-001
GRW #2753

JC004

Quote from: Fifinella on April 23, 2008, 09:55:35 PM
If someone wants to promote me to General, that's ok with me.  ;)

Colgan can be the Captain of my flying monkeys...

monkeys should wear flight suits.  blue probably - considering grooming.

mamadinos

OK, I have to tell this one..my apologies Fifinella, I mean ma'am....
Capt. LaValley and I were standing in a hallway at the Regional Cadet Competition at Barksdale AFB, and we hear the Wing Commander's voice coming from the men's room saying, "Have you met Judy?" :o ;D ::)
Michelle King, 1Lt, CAP
DCS, DO, SPO, ESO
Barksdale Comp. Sq.
SWR-LA 005

Duke Dillio

Were they looking for Judy in the men's room?  No, wait, that would just be wrong.....  I'm gonna shut up now before I get myself into trouble again.....

Fifinella

Quote from: mamadinos on April 26, 2008, 01:23:33 AM
OK, I have to tell this one..my apologies Fifinella, I mean ma'am....
Capt. LaValley and I were standing in a hallway at the Regional Cadet Competition at Barksdale AFB, and we hear the Wing Commander's voice coming from the men's room saying, "Have you met Judy?" :o ;D ::)
I'd fire you, but you hold way too many jobs!  (And who would play Crazy Frog...?)
Judy LaValley, Maj, CAP
Asst. DCP, LAWG
SWR-LA-001
GRW #2753

SAR-EMT1

Never met anyone famous or seen them.

But then Ive never seen a CAP Col. either.
C. A. Edgar
AUX USCG Flotilla 8-8
Former CC / GLR-IL-328
Firefighter, Paramedic, Grad Student

Duke Dillio

Quote from: SAR-EMT1 on April 27, 2008, 07:06:25 AM
Never met anyone famous or seen them.

But then Ive never seen a CAP Col. either.

Go to Colorado Wing.  Lots of them there.

SJFedor

Working at the hospital I work at in Nashville, I've gotten to meet my fair share of famous people. But, that darn hippa prevents me telling you about them.

Did meet Nicole Kidman and Keith Urban somewhere downtown one morning after a night shift. That was neat.

Steven Fedor, NREMT-P
Master Ambulance Driver
Former Capt, MP, MCPE, MO, MS, GTL, and various other 3-and-4 letter combinations
NESA MAS Instructor, 2008-2010 (#479)

Flying Pig

I got to work scene security for the filming of "The Fast and the Furious" and "Sea biscuit" both were filmed in a city where I was a police officer.  That was interesting how everything looks in real life, then how its transformed digitally on screen. So, anyway, I was able to meet many of the people in those movies.  Although I have never been to impressed by entertainers in general.

Meeting the Commandant of the Marine Corps when I was a young Corporal was pretty neat.  As well as Gov. Schwarzenegger. Hes not as tall as you might think.

Stonewall

Quote from: Flying Pig on April 28, 2008, 04:55:32 PMAs well as Gov. Schwarzenegger. Hes not as tall as you might think.

Yep, saw him and his wife, Maria, in DC.  Was surprised that I was a tad taller than him.
Serving since 1987.

jimmydeanno

I met Michael Richards once - before his big "error."  But honestly, I don't really buy into peoples "fame."  To me, it doesn't really make a difference if you just meet someone, but if you can spend some time with them and actually learn something from them - one of those things that made so many people admire them.

If you have ten thousand regulations you destroy all respect for the law. - Winston Churchill

JC004

Quote from: jimmydeanno on April 28, 2008, 06:10:08 PM
To me, it doesn't really make a difference if you just meet someone, but if you can spend some time with them and actually learn something from them - one of those things that made so many people admire them.

Absolutely agree there.  I always try to bug them for a nugget of something - thoughts on leadership, life, business...  I rarely ask for pictures - I think it deters from things.  The stuff that I've learned has been far more valuable than a framed picture or an autograph. 

Stonewall

Most of my experiences around "famous people" hasn't been me hanging out and having coffee with them, but me doing a job in their presence.  That said, most of the people I've listed weren't in passing or from afar, they were in official, personal and intimate (private) settings; at their house, during dinner and a lot of times, in the car with me in the front seat. 

For example, I was around Colin Powell so often that he actually recognized me; once cracking a joke.  Condi Rice, a very pleasant woman, shook my hand everytime she saw me.  And heck, the Mayor of Sao Paolo even bought me a coke once at the Kennedy Center.

Anyway, as a young soldier in the Army, many troops, to include myself, used to say "what's so good about a general, they put their pants on the same way I do"?  Well, over the years, I learned that to be the case, but a lot of these people, whether they be a the Secretary of State, Army Chief of Staff or Minister of Finance for Norway, they truly are not average.  Yes, some people come into power and high level positions in less than honorable ways, but for the most part, they aren't like a CAP squadron who got command 6 months after they joined the organization because no one else would take the job.
Serving since 1987.

Flying Pig

Quote from: Stonewall on April 28, 2008, 06:35:16 PM
Most of my experiences around "famous people" hasn't been me hanging out and having coffee with them, but me doing a job in their presence.  That said, most of the people I've listed weren't in passing or from afar, they were in official, personal and intimate (private) settings; at their house, during dinner and a lot of times, in the car with me in the front seat. 

For example, I was around Colin Powell so often that he actually recognized me; once cracking a joke.  Condi Rice, a very pleasant woman, shook my hand everytime she saw me.  And heck, the Mayor of Sao Paolo even bought me a coke once at the Kennedy Center.

Anyway, as a young soldier in the Army, many troops, to include myself, used to say "what's so good about a general, they put their pants on the same way I do"?  Well, over the years, I learned that to be the case, but a lot of these people, whether they be a the Secretary of State, Army Chief of Staff or Minister of Finance for Norway, they truly are not average.  Yes, some people come into power and high level positions in less than honorable ways, but for the most part, they aren't like a CAP squadron who got command 6 months after they joined the organization because no one else would take the job.

:clap: :clap: :clap:
HEY!!!! I resemble that comment!

flyerthom

I forgot one of the coolest celebrities ever;

NASA's T-28! Sometimes we fly transplant patients out to CA and get permission to use Moffit field! She was also into Laughlin -  Bullhead City Airport. Way cooler than any human celeb.
TC

Flying Pig

Gunner C

I had lunch with Col Aaron Bank, the father of Army Special Forces and Honorary Colonel of the Special Forces Regiment.  He was in his 90s but remembered details and names of people he worked with in pre-invasion France (WW2).  He lived for another 10 years after that.

I learned a lot in an hour.  There were five of us and we hung on every word.  An amazing man and historical icon.

GC

Stonewall

Quote from: Gunner C on April 29, 2008, 01:14:54 AM
I had lunch with Col Aaron Bank, the father of Army Special Forces and Honorary Colonel of the Special Forces Regiment.  He was in his 90s but remembered details and names of people he worked with in pre-invasion France (WW2).  He lived for another 10 years after that.

That man is (was) awesome.  I remember seeing something about him in the 90s and often read about him in books.  In his 90s he was still doing PT.
Serving since 1987.

flyerthom

Quote from: Flying Pig on April 29, 2008, 12:30:57 AM
Did you mean T-38?

DOH! yup. Don't type after flying a patient to Seattle and back to Vegas in one shot.
TC